PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James Harrison made himself a marked man????

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Steeler organization is no stranger to that. Turns out their entire run in the 70s was fueled by steroids. All those SB teams were juiced to their gills.

Sorry, but this is an overstatement. Mike Webster and probably quite a few of the Steelers OL used steroids, as Rocky Bleier possibly did. But there's no evidence, nor anything to even suggest, that the principals in that dynasty -- Green, Lambert, Ham, Blunt, Swann, Harris, Stallworth, Bradshaw -- used steroids.

Sorry, but this is an overstatement. Mike Webster and probably quite a few of the Steelers OL used steroids, as Rocky Bleier possibly did. But there's no evidence, nor anything to even suggest, that the principals in that dynasty -- Green, Lambert, Ham, Blunt, Swann, Harris, Stallworth, Bradshaw -- used steroids.

I've always suspected Lambert and Ham. But yes, I agree, that Swann, Stallworth and Bradshaw were roid free.

I've always suspected Lambert and Ham. But yes, I agree, that Swann, Stallworth and Bradshaw were roid free.

Nope, Lambert and Ham were clean. Take a look at them some time. If they were shooting, they should have gotten their money back.

That's right. These guys don't forget anything, and I'd sooner tangle with a road grader than Mankins any day. That's also what kicked off the brief skirmish as well.

Seriously, I really am not sure I could physically imagine just how much a Mankins body-slam would hurt.

You're not accusing us of "cheating," are you?

Yeah Pony............... Y-y-y-y-y-ou of all P-p-p-p-p-eople should know B-b-b-b-better. :singing:

James Harrison is a good vet and was just getting in on the trash talk, nothing wrong with that...I dunno why you people are dissing Pitt, theyre a tough, vet team just like us.

Convincing Passion

Thanx for putting 2 + 2 together for me, Bruinz.
I had missed that connection.

I was astonished to see how personally Brady (& BB and perhaps others)
took offense at Smith's juvenile remark.
His/their reaction shows a fire that runs deep.

Mankins nursing his grudge and patiently awaiting his opportunity for HOURS
... shows the same unrelenting passion.

That entire, protracted vignette now convinces me that
these guys will not fold ... will not falter.
Not this season!

Please. The Steelers introduced this approach to "medicine" into the league, and to suggest that having an OL that is at least 20% stronger than everyone they play against isn't a foundation block for the championships is silly. Those "principles" you spoke of owe much of their success to an OL that protected the passer and opened running lanes.

Remember the Russian and East German female athletes of the time? The remarkable difference in physique? That's the advantage that the Steeler lines had during those years.

The Steeler organization is no stranger to that. Turns out their entire run in the 70s was fueled by steroids. All those SB teams were juiced to their gills.

And your proof is????? Links, not opinions.....................

You don't think a veteran player should stand up for a really young, really dumb teammate when he's in over his head?

I do. Not from behind somebody though. This joker has a history of that - his most famous play was body-slamming a FAN. He did that from behind too.

What I saw was Harrison come up and intentionally bump into Brady after Brady jawed at Anthony Smith.

And how do you justify that? Smith deserved being jawed at, Brady didn't deserve being bumped from behind by hothead Harrison. If Harrison wanted to defend his stupid teammate from getting the earful he deserved, he could have been a man about it and led him away from the "conversation" instead of trying to provoke Brady physically. It was a bush league maneuver and you know it. Like Moss said after the game, the Steelers are just like the Ravens when it comes to on-field garbage. It's good for us, though, when teams lose their composure and focus on things other than playing ball.

Last edited:
The Pitt radio announcer said (paraphrasing) "Harrison and Patriot guard Logan Mankins are getting into it, I'll put my money on Harrison in that one."

Harrison 6-0 242
Mankins 6-4 310

I'm not taking anything away from Harrison he's a very good football player even if he didn't have a very good game yesterday but Mankins is bigger, stronger and it may surprise some Steelers fans but he is just as nasty if not more so than Harrison.

Harrison getting up in Brady's face and jawing at him is one thing. But deliberately bumping him from behind is taking it to another level, which should've drawn a penalty. If a Harrison of a different sort (Rodney) committed such an act you could bet your bottom dollar that there would've been yellow laundry on the field.

Harrison should get fined a few $k at least. If Rodney gets $5k for talking to Billick, then I'd say James deserves at least that for a cheap shot head butt from behind.
Funny how Smith acts like the little sidekick and smacks his facemask into Brady after Tom turns around to confront the bully. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back