PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jalen Hurd to Retire

Majored in Kinesiology. I wish him luck in his very lucrative career as a fitness instructor. Shame. He looked legit at Tennessee and Baylor.

Once again the short shelf life of NFL players rears its ugly head..
Unfortunate for them it had to end so early..

Belongs in the Ras-Ir Dowling wing of the NFL IR HOF.

Was smart enough to try and preserve his body when he switched from RB to WR (a trend we may see more for financial reasons in coming years), but football is unforgiving.

Heck, I only played through HS along with wrestling and catching in baseball and I have rough days in my 40’s

Peptides, T, and other things are making improvements though so hopefully these guys have access.

Of all the camp WR retirements, this blow is the softest.
Somebody should put together an "all star" team of guys whom the Patriots picked up in the offseason and who then promptly retired in training camp. Could be based on past performances like Reggie Wayne or hoped for achievements as with Hurd.

Once again the short shelf life of NFL players rears its ugly head..
Unfortunate for them it had to end so early..
Agreed.. the opportunities outside of the NFL is much more available to players these days then in the past. It's alot easier to walk away. Wishing guys luck that retire early.

Nooooo never saw that coming. :rolleyes:
kind GIF

Sad his body broke down on him.

Heart goes out to Jalen. Great college talent…..could never take it to pro level due to injuries….He will find a great career…..!!!! May God bless

Somebody should put together an "all star" team of guys whom the Patriots picked up in the offseason and who then promptly retired in training camp. Could be based on past performances like Reggie Wayne or hoped for achievements as with Hurd.

Oh man....we'd field a good team, IMO....

Reggie Wayne and John Lynch...to name a few....

Side note: About a year ago, wifey and I were having happy hour drinks....and Lynch was at a table 3-4 tables away from me having drinks with his family.....didn't acknowledge his presence....but seemed like a cool fella.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back