PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags maybe next pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
one thing which is different in my opinion...none every said at the time that the pats were the team "no one wants to face" whereas jacksonville has had this for more than 1 season.

Plenty of people said the Pats were not the team they wanted to face. Even Mike Martz said that.

Jacksonville *is* a team somebody wants to face (the somebody being the Patriots.)

Plenty of people said the Pats were not the team they wanted to face. Even Mike Martz said that.
No one did, not in 2001, especially not Martz.

You forget what underdogs we were and how no one gave us a chance. Only Joe Theisman said we would win. Will McDonnough's official prediction was 73-0 Rams.

What everyone said in 2001 (and 2002) was that we were a fluke, a one-year wonder, benefiaries of teh Tuck Rule, and had no business in the superbowl.

Superbowl tickets were being scalped for less than face value.

It was a magical time.

No one did, not in 2001, especially not Martz.

You forget what underdogs we were and how no one gave us a chance. Only Joe Theisman said we would win. Will McDonnough's official prediction was 73-0 Rams.

What everyone said in 2001 (and 2002) was that we were a fluke, a one-year wonder, benefiaries of teh Tuck Rule, and had no business in the superbowl.

Superbowl tickets were being scalped for less than face value.

It was a magical time.

Didn't Martz tell the team after the regular season game that they just played the AFC representative for the Super Bowl?

I forgot to mention the Jags long history of success in Foxboro, have they ever won there?

The Jags have never won at Foxboro, and have only beaten the Pats in Jacksonville once. (That was in the 1998 playoffs wildcard round, and they lost the next week to the Jets, who had a certain William Stephen Belichick as defensive coordinator.)

Pretty well. Took a bad 3-13 team to 11-5 and a playoff victory. Next season was screwed by the move.

When Del Rio gets his second playoff win, let us know. He has a LONG way to go.

To be fair, Del Rio's first HC job has been quite arguably more impressive than Belichick's was. BB had one playoff team and four sub-.500 teams at Cleveland. It took BB a long time to get his second playoff win. Since then, he's done a little better ;)

To be fair, Del Rio's first HC job has been quite arguably more impressive than Belichick's was. BB had one playoff team and four sub-.500 teams at Cleveland. It took BB a long time to get his second playoff win. Since then, he's done a little better ;)
Could be but that was a really bad Browns team, before FA and he was stuck with a QB that needed to be replaced who happened to be the favorite son of the city. Belichick's success may not have been too consistent (although progress was) but the job he did was fairly good given the situation.

Could be but that was a really bad Browns team, before FA and he was stuck with a QB that needed to be replaced who happened to be the favorite son of the city. Belichick's success may not have been too consistent (although progress was) but the job he did was fairly good given the situation.

Heh, the unforgivably immobile Bernie Kosar. You think Brady's got cinder blocks for feet.:D He was pretty accruate though. Just don't ask him to sneak it.:D

How did BB do in his first HC job?

Well the team in Cleveland was making progress until Modell pulled the rug out from under BB before the move to Balt. A lot of us were Pats fans before you were probably born and certainly decades before the jags jad a franchise.

2 words Byron Leftwich. And yes he was stuck with him too.

Well the team in Cleveland was making progress until Modell pulled the rug out from under BB before the move to Balt. A lot of us were Pats fans before you were probably born and certainly decades before the jags jad a franchise.

LOL before I was born.

Can't argue with before jacksonville jad a team but that is totally irrelevant.

Haven't you realized that you just can't argue with these people? They probably couldn't tell you how BB did in his first HC job, because they just became Pats fans 6 years ago.

To be fair, most people on this board have been Pats fans for much longer than there has been a single Jags fan. Thirty years from now, you're still an expansion team.

Last edited:
Gee, I don't know...who was coaching the Browns the last time they won a playoff game?

LOL way to know your football JR. it was Brian Billick, he also won a SB.

LOL way to know your football JR. it was Brian Billick, he also won a SB.

I think you've just outed yourself as an ignoramus with this post. Hell, even if you didn't know, it would have taken you about 10 seconds to find out. Please show yourself out.

Last edited:
I think you've just outed yourself as an ignoramus with this post. Hell, even if you didn't know, it would have taken you about 10 seconds to find out. Please show yourself out.

The Browns that your beloved BB coached became the Baltimore Ravens. So who is the ignoramus. That would be you. Please keep lowering this boards IQ. Good Job!!

The Browns that your beloved BB coached became the Baltimore Ravens. So who is the ignoramus. That would be you. Please keep lowering this boards IQ. Good Job!!

Oh...I get it. So according to your methodology the last Cleveland Brown to score in the playoffs was Matt Stover last year. OK, I've got it now. Browns fans will be overjoyed to know they won the Super Bowl a few years back.

***wipe. Are you just very obnoxious, or very stupid, too?

Last edited:
Oh...I get it. So according to your methodology the last Cleveland Brown to score in the playoffs was Matt Stover last year. OK, I've got it now. Browns fans will be overjoyed to know they won the Super Bowl a few years back.

***wipe. Are you just very obnoxious, or very stupid, too?

Your an idiot I guess, look back at the banter that was going on. I'll give you a day or so to read the posts. Now what team did he coach the NEW Browns or the OLD Browns. The NEW browns have not been to the playoffs since 2002 where they lost to the Steelers. That is their only playoff appearance. Are you with me so far? I can stop if you need me to wait for you to absorb this. The OLD Browns which are now the Ravens (come on stay with me) is the team that BB got fired from. Which was the original question, wasn't he the last person to coach THAT team to a victory in the playoffs and the answer is NO, he is not.

Now lay your tired little head down and come back and read, understand then post, it helps.

Last edited:
Your an idiot I guess, look back at the banter that was going on. I'll give you a day or so to read the posts. Now what team did he coach the NEW Browns or the OLD Browns. The NEW browns have not been to the playoffs since 2002 where they lost to the Steelers. That is their only playoff appearance. Are you with me so far? I can stop if you need me to wait for you to absorb this. The OLD Browns which are now the Ravens (come on stay with me) is the team that BB got fired from. Which was the original question, wasn't he the last person to coach THAT team to a victory in the playoffs and the answer is NO, he is not.

Now lay your tired little head down and come back and read, understand then post, it helps.

No, like I said my last post, I understand you're deranged thinking now. I called up my friend Andy, who's been a huge Cleveland Browns fan for 25 years, and congratulated him on the Super Bowl his team won in 2001, when Trent Dilfer and Ray Lewis led the Browns to victory. He was thrilled to hear it, especially since Lewis, Ed Reed, Jonathan Ogden, Edgerton Hartwell, etc. were all Browns players at the time. It's a shame that those Browns finished so poorly this year and got their coach fired. You were right all along.

Douche.

Last edited:
No, like I said my last post, I understand you're deranged thinking now. I called up my friend Andy, who's been a huge Cleveland Browns fan for 25 years, and congratulated him on the Super Bowl his team won in 2001, when Trent Dilfer and Ray Lewis led the Browns to victory. He was thrilled to hear it, especially since Lewis, Ed Reed, Jonathan Ogden, Edgerton Hartwell, etc. were all Browns players at the time. It's a shame that those Browns finished so poorly this year and got their coach fired. You were right all along.

Douche.

****ehad

you are an idiot. What part of BB coached the Ravens when they were in Cleveland didn't you understand.

Last edited:
he coached the ravens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results