PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jack Jones walking off the field

I don’t know about this guy. Sounds like a bit of a head case. Might not be worth the trouble. I wonder how Belichick will handle this.

If we rule out players that need emotional development we are running 1/4 of the players out of NFL careers.
This kind of growth is just one of the many types of growth players have to go through. We'll see what the team thinks of his trajectory based on how they treat this and others.

If we rule out players that need emotional development we are running 1/4 of the players out of NFL careers.
This kind of growth is just one of the many types of growth players have to go through. \
You are aware JJ had two extra "growth" years in college....aka.....the 6 year plan....partially interrupted by a commercial burglary guilty plea.

He's probably approaching his last second chance from this team.

BB seems to tolerate his bad behavior
It is either that he see’s the talent and knows the team needs it to compete
Or the player behind the scenes is not as bad as portrayed and BB is trying to show some support through his immaturity. You must have immense talent for BB to take this route. But he would really have to like the kid
Or both

Or the player behind the scenes is not as bad as portrayed and BB is trying to show some support through his immaturity. You must have immense talent for BB to take this route. But he would really have to like the kid
Or both
Which is weird, because BB likely didn’t draft Pickens because of his past bad behavior. There’s not really any other explanation because the talent is clearly there, and the ceiling is high. Don’t mean to change the subject here, just thought it was an interesting comparison.

Or both

BB tolerated Mac Jones' bad behavior last year. I agree that BB is trying to show support as he knows it is immaturity and will pass.

Theory.. Jones is as pissed at himself as we are for the dumb **** he did off the field, then he gets beat a couple of times and feels like an abject failure both on and off the field and emotions got away from him. Peppers walked off with him telling him to keep his head up.

Haha. No when he had numerous cheap shots, including being fined by the NFL.
Yeah, I think BB gives top talent a lot of leniency. It just feels like Jack is testing how far that leniency is going to go a lot more than Mac did last year, but I know others disagree.

Theory.. Jones is as pissed at himself as we are for the dumb **** he did off the field, then he gets beat a couple of times and feels like an abject failure both on and off the field and emotions got away from him. Peppers walked off with him telling him to keep his head up.
Right, but it also seemed like maybe Groh was there to tell him how he's expected to act as a pro, even when his emotions get away from him? Pure conjecture on my part, though.

You are aware JJ had two extra "growth" years in college....aka.....the 6 year plan....partially interrupted by a commercial burglary guilty plea.

Nope, don't usually pay that much attention.
Where he went to college would say a lot about the impact, positive or negative, of those years.

This happens all the time we just don’t see it because there aren’t usually cameras at practice. There is no “tolerating” or “second chances”…it’s a nothing burger.

This happens all the time we just don’t see it because there aren’t usually cameras at practice. There is no “tolerating” or “second chances”…it’s a nothing burger.
That's a good point. Usually we don't see practices, only games, where there are different expectations.

BB tolerated Mac Jones' bad behavior last year. I agree that BB is trying to show support as he knows it is immaturity and will pass.
He’s getting soft at his old age.
As far as Mac. I would expect the toleration of Mac taking a hissy fit.
He was a 15th pick in the draft and the bad behavior was due to Mac not liking losing or being part of a cluster F&@k system.
I don’t like the hissy fit episodes. The kid needs to work on that to gain confidence with the team and his composure. But I would be pissed if I was Mac. Right Church - Wrong Pew

Which is weird, because BB likely didn’t draft Pickens because of his past bad behavior. There’s not really any other explanation because the talent is clearly there, and the ceiling is high. Don’t mean to change the subject here, just thought it was an interesting comparison.

Think we gotta consider with Jack they risked a 4th round pick, with Pickens it would have been a 2nd. If Pickens had been there in the 4th and they passed on him, then we could question a bit more why chance it with one guy but not the other.

Also, F*k Pickens. That video of him showboating on his teammate after a catch in 1 on 1s in practice is just locker room cancer material. At least Jack's teammates like him enough to have his back and support him.

I think there is different levels of bad behavior some tolerable and some not
I know nothing about Pickens. Some bad behavior can be tolerated if you feel it does not go to the level of possibly being a Cancer in the locker room. Maybe he seen Pickens that way
Kind of like Moss and Dillon. They got bad reps because they flipped out when they were losing and being part of a losing culture. But were good locker room presence teammates. AB on the other hand not so good
Edit: Sorry BrotherBlues I did nit read your post before mine.
We seem to think alike on this subject

Think we gotta consider with Jack they risked a 4th round pick, with Pickens it would have been a 2nd. If Pickens had been there in the 4th and they passed on him, then we could question a bit more why chance it with one guy but not the other.

Also, F*k Pickens. That video of him showboating on his teammate after a catch in 1 on 1s in practice is just locker room cancer material. At least Jack's teammates like him enough to have his back and support him.
Just posted the same idea about locker room Cancer before I read yours
That will always be a game changer while choosing players

Yeah very tough pill to swallow when you really think about it. So I guess BB thought George Pickens is worse than J Jones time will tell I guess.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back