PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jack Jones walking off the field

Absolutely, pulling for him as he's a really good football player.

He posted this some days ago and it had me thinking that he really means what it says. Sometimes we all assume that someone's age should equate to their maturity but some folks really mature very late and sometimes they just don't know how to behave. I have worked with several high functional autistic folks and it surprises me frequently some of the things they don't see as not appropriate behavior. Because of this, I never assume and I have become slow to cast judgement.

He posted this some days ago and it had me thinking that he really means what it says. Sometimes we all assume that someone's age should equate to their maturity but some folks really mature very late and sometimes they just don't know how to behave. I have worked with several high functional autistic folks and it surprises me frequently some of the things they don't see as not appropriate behavior. Because of this, I never assume and I have become slow to cast judgement.

I understand this fully as I didn't "grow up" until around 30.

BB seems to tolerate his bad behavior
It is either that he see’s the talent and knows the team needs it to compete
Or the player behind the scenes is not as bad as portrayed and BB is trying to show some support through his immaturity. You must have immense talent for BB to take this route. But he would really have to like the kid
Or both

It's the former.

Bill knows the CB room is screwed if Jackie's not in it...or at least he should.

It's the former.

Bill knows the CB room is screwed if Jackie's not in it...or at least he should.
As former Pats players have mentioned, Bill looks for guys he can "coach" rather than looking for the talented player. If he happens to come across a talent by accident, he'll have to put up with them if they’re a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
As former Pats players have mentioned, Bill looks for guys he can "coach" rather than looking for the talented player. If he happens to come across a talent by accident, he'll have to put up with them if their a pain in the ass.

You can say that again.

One of BB's all time favorite players to coach was Lawrence Taylor, and the dude said he was smoking crack during games. I don't think BB demands boy scout behavior from his team, but the production needs to outshine the shenanigans.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back