PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this man worth taking a flyer on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in fairness to Walker, he seems to be an innocent bystander to the murder (and Williams was an innocent victim). It was Marshall and his cousin who provoked the response that got Williams killed.

It's not a matter of being fair, it isn't a courtroom. Sure, the easily available incidents make me wonder what he's doing and with whom. You don't have to be wandering the streets of Las vegas at 4:00 AM , its not illegal and maybe being in a limo targeted by gang members is a coincidence and you and your teammates weren't involved with anyone or anything.

The performance isn't there and overseas experimental surgery without telling your team is bizarre and there's no evidence of recovery that I know of.

We're not obliged to invite everyone that used to have a recognizable name into camp. Where is the upside here?

Let's straighten out the locker room before we risk making it worse, I say.

Finally, once a vet makes the starting roster, his salary is guaranteed for the entire year. You can't just cut a guy and be done with him as you suggest if he turns out to be a problem child (which will not show up into games are played, not in tc). You still pay him if you cut him.

On a minor note, that's not wrong, but IIRC it is a simplification. Vested veterans, if on the roster for Week 1, are, once in their careers, allowed to demand their entire salary (the one paid out over the regular season) if released at any point during the season.

You don't have to be wandering the streets of Las vegas at 4:00 AM , its not illegal and maybe being in a limo targeted by gang members is a coincidence and you and your teammates weren't involved with anyone or anything.

Again, who isn't wandering the streets of Vegas at 4am? Many charters don't get in until midnight and most people head straight for the strip.

Secondly, if you followed the case at all, you'd know that it was a coincidence that Walker was in the limo targeted by gang members because the gang members had the wrong limo.

Last edited:
Terrell knows this is his last shot at a Superbowl and he would be a good soldier, I know he would be.

Hey guys, The_Riddler knows TO would be a good locker room guy if we signed him, how can we get this info to Belichick? This is vital!

Last edited:
The biggest off field solid Deion Branch ever did for us was talking Javon Walker out of getting on that plane to even take a visit here...

Myra wouldn't let Bob write a check for Marshall even if Bill was inclined to, which he wouldn't be...

TO can't get off jams and doesn't even draw coverage anymore.

We are in the process of retooling our locker room for leadership. No way we are prepared to deal with any more headcases. And I don't want Brady wasting his valuable time and effort on reclamation projects who are available because they've either failed miserably or screwed up their careers because of immaturity and ego. Invest in impressionable young guys he can develop who might actually pay dividends over 4-5 seasons...

4 or 5 seasons is correct sir. I can't wait.
DW Toys

Hey guys, The_Riddler knows TO would be a good locker room guy if we signed him, how can we get this info to Belichick? This is vital!

I don't agree with all Riddler says but he made a point he believes correct Mr. Rookie.
Please respect.
DW Toys

There is strong speculation that that washed up has-been and extremely overated WR named Terrell Owens is heading back to the bay where he started....as a 49er

Again, who isn't wandering the streets of Vegas at 4am? Many charters don't get in until midnight and most people head straight for the strip.

Secondly, if you followed the case at all, you'd know that it was a coincidence that Walker was in the limo targeted by gang members because the gang members had the wrong limo.

I guess you have it all figured out. Are you up on the experimental surgery he had in Israel that he didn't tell the team about? Did it go well?

I'm sure he's in top shape, a great locker room influence and ready to outperform the next contract.

The performance isn't there and overseas experimental surgery without telling your team is bizarre and there's no evidence of recovery that I know of.

Everything in Raider land is bizarre. The experimental surgery bothers me but a player having difficulties communicating with the Raiders organization not so much. I would still ask questions about it but I would be more inclined to believe a player over the Raiders.

I'd sign Air Bud; Golden Receiver for vet minimum - or close to it. Making the final roster is another issue.

Everything in Raider land is bizarre. The experimental surgery bothers me but a player having difficulties communicating with the Raiders organization not so much. I would still ask questions about it but I would be more inclined to believe a player over the Raiders.

I wasn't aware he said they were lying.

If you go to a foreign country, get experimental surgery and don't tell anyone on the team, how is it the team is having "trouble communicating"?

Last edited:
I don't agree with all Riddler says but he made a point he believes correct Mr. Rookie.
Please respect.
DW Toys

He said something completely silly, and I said something silly about that. Sorry if you didn't like it but I don't see anything wrong with that.

If I lost all my money in Vegas and didn't have a job I'd be hungry too

Oakland is where WRs go to die. I wouldn't be at all against the Pats taking a flyer on him to see if a) he's recovered and b) whether he or the Raiders' garbage system and garbage QBs were at fault

How bad do you have to be to be released by the Raiders? The lowest of the low I would imagine. Personally it would be great if he made it with the Patriots; nothing like sticking it to Al Davis, but it ain't gonna happen.

Of course Boddin was released by Detroit so go figure.
p
Walker was released because the Raiders didn't want to pay a roster bonus. It's the same reason Bodden was released by the Lions.

Walker, when healthy, is a good to excellent receiver. However, the same has been said about some other receivers we've signed whom failed.

One has to wonder what the limitations are for a team to "work out" a player. If it was allowed, I'd hope the Pats would have Brady there to throw some balls to the guy to see if he runs the routes the way Brady likes them run.. Or is willing to listen to Brady tell him how he'd like the route adjusted.

Ankle, knee, and hamstring issues for a guy who really wasn't THAT good to begin with.

Ankle, knee, and hamstring issues for a guy who really wasn't THAT good to begin with.

So, give him an incentive laden contract like they did with Kelley Washington. Low risk/ potential for high reward. On both sides..

I mean, he'd have to pass a physical anyways before he signed the contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back