PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Shaq a good fit for the Celts?

oh, and i guess i should learn how to spell his name...O'Neal. Still a fine Irishman!

I'm not a Jermain o'neal fan at all. i think hes a quitter and makes sheed look like a max effort guy. i would have taken shaq. hell i would rather have brad miller. i dont know what they see in jermain.

I do agree with you but.....I think it's the Corey dillon or Randy Moss effect....The leadership with PP, Ray, KG and even Rondo should straighten him out and make him play his ass off in Boston.....Look at Nate and how he matured and groomed his game of shooting the ball every time he touched it to being a good passer, or sheed actually playing defense and giving max effort......If we didn't have a strong lockerroom presence then I would say it was a terrible move but I am reserved to the fact that he will play hard or forget Doc jumping on him, KG will be in his face faster than you can say Jermaine O'Neal

I do agree with you but.....I think it's the Corey dillon or Randy Moss effect....The leadership with PP, Ray, KG and even Rondo should straighten him out and make him play his ass off in Boston.....Look at Nate and how he matured and groomed his game of shooting the ball every time he touched it to being a good passer, or sheed actually playing defense and giving max effort......If we didn't have a strong lockerroom presence then I would say it was a terrible move but I am reserved to the fact that he will play hard or forget Doc jumping on him, KG will be in his face faster than you can say Jermaine O'Neal
i hope your right but

it didnt work with sheed. he dogged it the entire year until the playoffs rolled around. J.O. is going to be a starter until perk gets back. thats not good. at least sheed was coming off the bench. the celtics cant afford to have J.O. dog it.

i hope your right but

it didnt work with sheed. he dogged it the entire year until the playoffs rolled around. J.O. is going to be a starter until perk gets back. thats not good. at least sheed was coming off the bench. the celtics cant afford to have J.O. dog it.

KontradictioN can weigh in here but it seems like if O'Neal had just played as well as he did in the playoffs as he did during the regular season, they might have done a lot better in the post-season. No, he's not a banger in the middle but he gets his share of rebounds and points

I don't think O'Neal was "dogging it" like Wallace was... I just don't think he was up to the task last year once the games became important.

He's a stop gap in the regular season while Perkins is out but not someone I'd be depending on in the playoffs.

All the Celtics really need to do is what they did last year - make it to the playoffs - even as a low seed - but be healthy and play hard once they get there.

In that sense I don't see them rushing Perkins back as they'll need him at full health and strength come the spring and summer.

Last edited:
KontradictioN can weigh in here but it seems like if O'Neal had just played as well as he did in the playoffs as he did during the regular season, they might have done a lot better in the post-season. No, he's not a banger in the middle but he gets his share of rebounds and points

I don't think O'Neal was "dogging it" like Wallace was... I just don't think he was up to the task last year once the games became important.

He's a stop gap in the regular season while Perkins is out but not someone I'd be depending on in the playoffs.

All the Celtics really need to do is what they did last year - make it to the playoffs - even as a low seed - but be healthy and play hard once they get there.

In that sense I don't see them rushing Perkins back as they'll need him at full health and strength come the spring and summer.

O'Neal wasn't dogging it. Even worse, he couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Everytime he had the ball in his hand and went up for a shot I smacked my forehead. Sometimes he can get hot and be a valuable asset, but he's inconsistent. Even Celtics fans should have been able to see it. In the first round, he was even having trouble sinking what should have been easy layups.

O'Neal wasn't dogging it. Even worse, he couldn't hit a shot to save his life. Everytime he had the ball in his hand and went up for a shot I smacked my forehead. Sometimes he can get hot and be a valuable asset, but he's inconsistent. Even Celtics fans should have been able to see it. In the first round, he was even having trouble sinking what should have been easy layups.

Yes - I was actually embarrassed for him in the playoffs

Yet in the regular season he still averaged 14 points, 7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game averaging 28 minutes... maybe he could have been more productive during that time but given the supply and demand it's probably the best we could have gotten to replace Perk in the regular season

... again, I'm just not counting on him for the playoffs as I don't think he responds well to pressure

i must be watching a different j.o. because he was dogging it and has been for a couple of years now. not only is he a dog but he cant hit any shots. great the celtics just signed a incompetent dog.:mad: lots of so called experts around the nba have questioned Jermain's o'neills heart work ethic whatever you want to call it. hes a dog.

Yes - I was actually embarrassed for him in the playoffs

Yet in the regular season he still averaged 14 points, 7 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game averaging 28 minutes... maybe he could have been more productive during that time but given the supply and demand it's probably the best we could have gotten to replace Perk in the regular season

... again, I'm just not counting on him for the playoffs as I don't think he responds well to pressure

He isn't being brought in to do any of that in the playoffs, when they make it his role is that of Wallace's role in backing up Perkins.

If they have to rely heavily on him in the playoffs they are in trouble.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back