PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Patriots Football Weekly a good magazine??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken - could you possible update me as to how you are treated by them, after you send your email. I am very interested in hearing.

I share your viewpoint that the Patriot fanatic (that's me) should be their target demographic. If we don't listen, who the hell will??

Feel free to PM me if you do not care to post at any time.

You can hear what was said over at Patriots.com. Just click the patriots radio link and they have all the old shows. Last week was the one where I was blasted and the week before was where they took on Ben Watson.

I was actually surprised that they read the email in the first place, I guess that's to their credit. In my email I basically criticized 3 things. Cassale's attack on Watson, his pompous and self righteous attitude when he is giving his draft opinions, and I wanted to know, since he was so sure about how good he was, what were his credentials, did he play, coach, scout, or was he just a guy with an opinion.

IMHO, Paul did correctly countered MY criticism of Cassale's absolute attitude in his draft judgements. He stated that in a radio show, you have to be absolute, being wishy washy with your opinions doesnt make for good radio...and that's probably true, so on that issue I stand corrected....and will tell them so.

After calling me an idiot, DB, moron, Cassale tried to back track stating that the Watson thing was all a joke and listeners neat to relax and get a sense of humor. :rolleyes: Again the thing that pissed me off the most, were the remarks that basically stated, if you criticize us, then you are nothing more than blind homer idiots, especially if you are on the message boards. :mad: Also they never did give me info on his background, so I guess he's just like us...another guy with an opinion.

Personally I forgotten more football than Cassale has ever learned, and I think of myself as fairly objective football observer. You see when you know the game of football well, you learn very quickly how much you DON'T know. So while I probably know more football than 90% of casual fans, I know about 10% of what the guys who do this for a living know. ;) So its hard to be critical when you know you don't have all the info you need to make judgements of others. I coached a long time and I HAVE been Judged by others who didn't know all the facts that went into a decision.... and there were those times when they were absolutely right. :D

In the second email I sent, commented on the time he used several false names in defending himself from an attack on Chad Jackson early in the year. First he defended himself by saying it was all true, and he denied using the phoney names. I also found it funny that he call Dillon a scumbag, and said he'd say to his face any time any place. Like I said not only a bully..but a STUPID bully. lol

BTW- I'll be happy to let you know how I am treated by them after I send the next email, but all you have to do to know is to listen to the show.... and thanks for the kind thought

Last edited:
In the second email I sent, commented on the time he used several false names in defending himself from an attack on Chad Jackson early in the year. First he defended himself by saying it was all true, and he denied using the phoney names.

How little self-respect does a guy have if he RIPS on Patriot fans posting on a given message board, then goes and signs up multiple accounts on said message board just to defend himself?

Honestly, this dude almost makes Ron Borges look like the epitome of stability and mental health.

The guy's fixation on judging a players character is odd. What he doesn't get is that folks here didn't really care of the Chad Jackson story of his joke at the gala was true or not. Even if we do believe Casale, folks here probably wouldn't have even cared and thought the joke was just a mildly funny, moderately immature, relatively inappropriate & highly untimely thing to say. But the average poster here doesn't take it a step further like he does - we wouldn't actually use one anecdote about a 21 y/o rookie at some stuffy gala to judge the player's character.

The irony of it all is, Tom Casale is sitting there calling loyal Patriot fans dorks, nerds, douche bags, morons, etc., and he wants us to hate on a 21 y/o because of ONE off-color remark? Now he wants us to judge Ben Watson as a person - a guy who is VERY active in the community - because of how much he tipped at a meal?!@ Tom Casale is certifiable!

BTW: Where do you find Casale's email address? I've only seen the Ask PFW thing, which is more than just him, and I have no beef with PFW as a whole.

Last edited:
BTW: Where do you find Casale's email address? I've only seen the Ask PFW thing, which is more than just him, and I have no beef with PFW as a whole.

What you wrote hit the nail on the head. I don't know Cassale's direct emal address I just send mine to the link provided on the web site.

You can hear what was said over at Patriots.com. Just click the patriots radio link and they have all the old shows. Last week was the one where I was blasted and the week before was where they took on Ben Watson.

I was actually surprised that they read the email in the first place, I guess that's to their credit. In my email I basically criticized 3 things. Cassale's attack on Watson, his pompous and self righteous attitude when he is giving his draft opinions, and I wanted to know, since he was so sure about how good he was, what were his credentials, did he play, coach, scout, or was he just a guy with an opinion.

IMHO, Paul did correctly countered MY criticism of Cassale's absolute attitude in his draft judgements. He stated that in a radio show, you have to be absolute, being wishy washy with your opinions doesnt make for good radio...and that's probably true, so on that issue I stand corrected....and will tell them so.

After calling me an idiot, DB, moron, Cassale tried to back track stating that the Watson thing was all a joke and listeners neat to relax and get a sense of humor. :rolleyes: Again the thing that pissed me off the most, were the remarks that basically stated, if you criticize us, then you are nothing more than blind homer idiots, especially if you are on the message boards. :mad: Also they never did give me info on his background, so I guess he's just like us...another guy with an opinion.

Personally I forgotten more football than Cassale has ever learned, and I think of myself as fairly objective football observer. You see when you know the game of football well, you learn very quickly how much you DON'T know. So while I probably know more football than 90% of casual fans, I know about 10% of what the guys who do this for a living know. ;) So its hard to be critical when you know you don't have all the info you need to make judgements of others. I coached a long time and I HAVE been Judged by others who didn't know all the facts that went into a decision.... and there were those times when they were absolutely right. :D

In the second email I sent, commented on the time he used several false names in defending himself from an attack on Chad Jackson early in the year. First he defended himself by saying it was all true, and he denied using the phoney names. I also found it funny that he call Dillon a scumbag, and said he'd say to his face any time any place. Like I said not only a bully..but a STUPID bully. lol

BTW- I'll be happy to let you know how I am treated by them after I send the next email, but all you have to do to know is to listen to the show.... and thanks for the kind thought

Thanks Ken - I did hear that Watson bit and was really insulted by Casale. I should have been clearer in my response to you. I meant to write that since I am sure they do not read all the emails on air and I simply meant to ask if you could let us know if indeed they either ignore you or respond back to you off the air.

To your other point -- as a lifelong serious fan of Pro Football and the New England Patriots, it always intrigues me to hear football people tell us how much we do not know about the game. I have heard the Mora rant where he goes on to say that "sportswriters don't know and couldn't possibly know the game, they just don't know the game and the never will."

His comment, other coaches and players comments about the complexity of the game at that level has always intrigued me. Now, having just read where you said it, I guess i am going to try to ask you the basic question that has always baffled me.

Now, I do not argue that point at all - I know that I don't know, I am a lifelong fan of the game, not a teacher, coach, scout, player or student of the game, just a fan. That said, I guess, my question is that since I am so naive about the game, I really don't even know how to ask you this, but, The QUESTION HERE IS - could you possible begin to try explain what it is that we don't know??

Did that make any sense?? Can you enlighten us, what, exactly are some of the nuances, strategies and just overall basics that we are clueless about. I am serious, not being a joker, just really curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News