PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Gronk Running Less Upright These Days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to me he's running with knees bent and shoulders lowered to deliver hits, and spinning using his body. Hard to tell, because he was struggling a few games ago, but 146 yards and 16.6 isn't struggling.

I could be wrong, but he seems a bit awkward like he's changing style, and that should help protect him from injuries IMO. Am I nuts, or has anyone else noticed this?

Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems to me he's running with knees bent and shoulders lowered to deliver hits, and spinning using his body. Hard to tell, because he was struggling a few games ago, but 146 yards and 16.6 isn't struggling.

I could be wrong, but he seems a bit awkward like he's changing style, and that should help protect him from injuries IMO. Am I nuts, or has anyone else noticed this?

the 46 yard TD he had when he just said "no" to the defender... he looked pretty upright to me

the 46 yard TD he had when he just said "no" to the defender... he looked pretty upright to me

I was thinking more of the play when he was in traffic on the right side and spun an extra ten yards. There's no point being crouched when you're in the open field with a clear vision.

I was thinking more of the play when he was in traffic on the right side and spun an extra ten yards. There's no point being crouched when you're in the open field with a clear vision.

I haven't noticed a difference at all

To me, it looks like he is protecting his body more now that he used to. Doesn't look to smash people all the time now. Which is fine with me, as I'd rather have 90%-95% of super Gronk all the time, than 100% of super Gronk half the time (due to injury).

To me, it looks like he is protecting his body more now that he used to. Doesn't look to smash people all the time now. Which is fine with me, as I'd rather have 90%-95% of super Gronk all the time, than 100% of super Gronk half the time (due to injury).

I thought so on a couple plays, though you smash the other team better from a crouch than from an upright position. This play at 1:20 was shown in slow motion on tv and Gronk was dishing with his shoulders, elbows and butt on the way to an extra ten yards.

I've noticed several times where he goes down easier instead of fighting like he used too. Hopefully it keeps him healthy. Now if BB will just ban jump celebrations. I cringe every time i see one of our guys leave their feet to bump celebrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back