Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is Belichick losing it?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JR4, Dec 11, 2006.

1. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 3 / -2

:eek: I just listened to his press conference and my mouth was on the gorund.

I couldn't believe it. I have to get the transcript to see in writing what I
    think he said.

- PATs were competitive yesterday
    - One of Brady's better games.
    - there wasn't much pressure on Brady.

:eek::confused::confused: I must have heard him wrong. Anyone else listen to the press conference?
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  2. Drewwho

Drewwho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, you heard right. He is just trying to pump up his QB and OL...some sort of mind games from the mad genius. This was a quote from Reiss Blog:

Belichick added that he felt QB Tom Brady "handled [defensive] looks" Sunday as well as any game in Brady's career.
  3. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

and this from the herald blog
    http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

Sometimes, most of the time, Belichick just says whatever he thinks will end the question and the press conference as quickly as possible. He's not going to delve into what was wrong too far.
  5. F0nSY

F0nSY Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#22 Jersey

What??????????????:eek: :eek: : :eek:
  6. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

i think he is treating it like the 2000 game in miami 30-0 shutout...he asked the players to forget the game asking them bury the game ball literally and move on...i think he is just using a similar approach
  7. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

You didn't read the subtitles. I added them for you.
  8. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Saying the Pats were competitive yesterday would have the opposite effect if he's wanting to get it over with.
  9. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 7 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think the kool aid buzz is wearing off my friend....time for another dose!!!!.....I have been wondering the same thing since Charlie and Romeo left.....They (BB, Weis, Crennel) were a tremendous TEAM TOGETHER....since the two coordinators left BB hasn't seemed to fare as well or have the magic. Selecting Jos McD as his OC was the first signal......then not addressing our secondary/LB in the free agency market or draft was the next questionable move......and MOST importantly....re-signing Ken "I think I just sh** myself again" Wa-wa-Walters was the most asinine move I have ever seen him make. That guy is the worst so called punter the league has ever seen....surely there is someone (SEE anyone) that can punt better than this stiff (and hold for extra points/FG's.......In all honesty, BB, weis, and Crennel were a tremendous coaching powerhouse TOGETHER.....and may not be as succesful apart....one man's opinion
  10. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Simple minds cannot understand the intricate, drool-inducing philosophies of BB. I question where some people were 2-3 years ago, when BB used these same techniques and this January, when he will use...the same techniques.
  11. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +27 / 3 / -2

you .... mean ... you really think .... BB will win Superbowl 41?:confused::confused:
    ahhh the intricate drool-inducing philosophies :singing:
  12. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +453 / 5 / -6

#75 Jersey

He knows there's problems to work on.

He really doesn't feel like talking about it.
  13. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

Agree. Seriously - you people wondering if he's losing it based on these statements. YOU are the ones losing it. This isn't complicated. It's even-keel time. Relax. And try thinking.
  14. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

In my mind (and in some ways BB's) a season is a success until you are eliminated from the playoffs.
  15. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

from allthingsbillbelichick.com...here is a transcript section of what BB said and meant

http://www.allthingsbillbelichick.com/transcripts/2006/06dec11bigshow.htm

hope this clears a bit abt what BB meant that it was one of brady's better games(against miami)
  16. groundgame

groundgame Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No, he is not losing it. To sooth a team's rattled pysche, or to bring it down a few notches when their heads get too big, a smart coach sees the glass half-full after a tough loss, and sees it half-empty after a giddy victory.
  17. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

AFA Brady is concerned, I think what BB said was accurate. He was speaking on a theoretical level. Brady made the correct protection calls, went through his progressions in text book style, and made the best decisions possible with the ball under extreme duress. There were the tiniest of windows to throw into, without seperation from the WRs, and no time to throw due to the pass rush. I also thought Brady for much of the game demonstrated superhuman poise, and in that sense, he was heroic in failure, which is what BB was getting at.
  18. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +860 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

Although I don't think it's so, it is possible that the team has begun to tire of BB's style and subconsciously tune him out a bit. That would accound for displays like not being mentally ready for Detroit. Dr Z was castigated here a week ago for speculating that the Pats were a 'tired' team but again last Sunday the Patriots certainly lacked enthusiasm and vigor on the field.

Let's hope that whatever's going on, the start of the playoffs reinvigorates this team. Meanwhile, we gotta win 2 of the next 3.
  19. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That is a problem and we *are* working on it.
  20. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +453 / 5 / -6

#75 Jersey

I took it to mean physically tired and disagreed because we have plenty of reserve running backs and receivers and tight ends and our health and depth on offense is probably the best in the BB era.

If he meant a listlesness, that is not the same as being tired.

I think BB himself is somewhat stressed out due to being understaffed on offense, waging an admirable tough campaign last year with tremendous injuries and his father's passing. He also has a lot of personal problems as of the last two years.

BB might be emotionally exhausted, but nobody on that offense has an excuse for being physically tired.