PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy @ Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's hilarious that Indy now has to go into Baltimore and play this pack of angry hornets after the Patriots poked a stick right into the middle of their hive. I'm not sure which Ravens team will show up, but I'm betting that they'll be wanting to take out some anger and try to take down the defending champs! What are your thoughts?

Mods, if you think this belongs in the Visitor's forum, please put it there.

i think the ravens will lose bigtime... havent you noticed most of the teams beaten by the pats, lose their next game (except dallas and wash i think)...

after heading into the game with a lot of emotion, getting psyche for the game against the NE juggernaut and losing in the end will take its toll... most teams weve beaten are burnt out emotionally and physically that they lose the week after the pats beat them...

Honestly, I think the Ravens are done. I can even see them struggle to beat the Dolphins as bad as they are. I think they gave it everything they had on Monday night and that the defeat will have knocked the stuffing out of them.

As much as I respect everyone's thoughts here, I'm just not convinced that Indy will roll. I suspect another exciting Sunday night game between these two. At least for three quarters before the Ravens and fans start ganging up on the refs for all the calls favoring the Colts.:rolleyes:

Oh Really?

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_1902_Patriots_27,_Ravens_24:_What_we_learned.html

2. Baltimore CBs Chris McAllister and Samari Rolle are a dynamic duo. The Ravens shut down Randy Moss AND Wes Welker last night, the first time that’s been accomplished all season. It’s worth noting that the Ravens have only had their starting CBs together for four games this year including last night, and opposing QBs were 76 of 143 (53.1 completion percentage) for 919 yards, 5 TDs and 8 INTs (61.49 rating).

well..they had something to play for in those games. We have seen how well they are 'coached' when it comes to playing with consistency. i dont think they they will get up to play this one.

If I were a betting man, I'd predict an Indy blowout of 17+.

I think the Ravens are spent.

The Ravens, like the Eagles the week before, shot their load last night and the Dolts will blow them right out of the stadium, will not be close...........
I felt like the Ravens, with their defense, had a legitimate shot last Monday. Had I known they would score 24 points, I would have guessed they won. It will be no different this week. I don't care about how many points this or that team scored on them. They are a legit defensive team. I think Boller played as well as he could, so maybe they don't get quite the same offensive effort. McGahee was a monster, we'll see if he's interested in back to back 100% effort performances.

I think it's hilarious that Indy now has to go into Baltimore and play this pack of angry hornets after the Patriots poked a stick right into the middle of their hive. I'm not sure which Ravens team will show up, but I'm betting that they'll be wanting to take out some anger and try to take down the defending champs! What are your thoughts?

Mods, if you think this belongs in the Visitor's forum, please put it there.

I hope Indy destroys them. Don't get me wrong, I never want to root for the Colts, but at least I respect their team. The Ravens are amongst the most pathetic bunch of players I've ever seen.

If anything I expect the Ravens to play worse.

And Indy to play better than NE did.
Think about the refereeing.

Polian has the refs afraid to penalize his team by abusing his position on the competition committee a la Shula, and the Ravens insult the refs, embarrass them publicly, and file a complaint against one.

If I were the Ravens, I wouldn't be looking to get many could-go-either-way calls go my way.

Agreed. Indy covers comfortably.

This game should be renamed to Whining Bowl.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if we didn't hear something from our great friend and competitor at the top of the heap this week concerning how Baltimore was allowed to maul our receivers in direct violation of the spirit of the chuck rule emphasis. And even if we don't hear it publicly you can bet Mike Perriera voice mail has been off the hook and St. Dungy will be conducting a prayer circle with the refs pre game that they might perform according to the rules better than their peers did on MNF.

You could always hope we finally awoke a sleeping tiger spoiler, but there is likely so much whining and infighting and ass covering going on in Baltimore this week their game plan will be a shambles and they'll execute like ****. Ray will probably deflect a couple of sure INT's away from his boys like he did last January and Boller will be so ineffective against their well rested, speedy D that Adam will be able to win this one again single handedly, outdoors even.

The only caveats will be if Ugoh and Co. can't keep the Ravens off Peyton early, and weather.

I think (unfortunately) that Indy will win this one. Some of the posts here got me thinking too. Jeez, if the Baltimore fans think the refs favored the Pats, wait until they get a load of what the refs do for Indy! :)

The ravens "controlled" Moss and Welker (the first team to do so!) by holding the living chit out of them on 90% of the plays. It wasn't until the 4th that they started to get called on it. There's NO WAY that they get away with even a fraction of those holds against the Colts, there would be a muted *thud* from the press box and the camera would pan up to see the window splattered with Polian bits cause his head would freakin EXPLODE.

Colts will roll the Ravens, birds have nothing left after last week

Wrong. (see tuck rule game)

Really? Point me to the written apology the league made to the Raiders for making the incorrect call.

Because I can show you the official league apology to the Steelers for that horrible reversal.

My guess is that the Ravens' first penalty will be a "Personal Foul" for "Taunting" during the Coin Toss.

The "Taunt" will be one of the players saying "Heads".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST