PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indy media already complaining about officials LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrTibbs said:
http://blogs.indystar.com/philb/

"If Monday night’s New England-Minnesota game didn’t bother the Colts or their fans, maybe they didn’t watch the same game I did.

If I'm a devoted fan or a confident player, I’m not scared of the Patriots. I’m dreading the officiating when the Colts visit New England on Sunday night.
That's almost as pathetic as Rooney for the Steelers complaining about the officiating 2 weeks ago.

I believe after the Pittsburgh game last year the Colts can never complain about officiating again. Never has the league wanted a team to win more than last year's Colts. But, they still choked. :D

I think it is a little unfounded that almost immediately the Colts organization and the fan base are jumped on for complaining about officiating when it is coming straight from a newspaper source. I know there is a great animosity between both fanbases but calling an organization and its fans some of the names that have been thrown out in this thread is ridiculous. I look forward to a good game on Sunday night.

The Colts were called for 1 Pass interference call last season! I wonder how many teams were thrown on more than them? If that isn't complete BS than I don't know what is. So if I was a Colt fan, Media member or a member of that organization the last thing I would comment on is officiating!

With that said the Vikings got robbed on two big plays last week and I started to get pissed, because it was still relatively close at those points in the game. The Wiggins fumble was disgraceful and that offensive PI penalty was horrible and they both ended potential scoring drives for the Vikings. That was the most dominant game we played all season and I didn't want it tainted by the refs blowing obvious calls that crippled the other team.

I have also witnessed some of the most ridiculous PI calls on the Pats! So I don't have any sympathy for them.

Last edited:
mgcolby said:
The Colts were called for 1 Pass interference call last season! I wonder how many teams were thrown on more than them? If that isn't complete BS than I don't know what is. So if I was a Colt fan, Media member or a member of that organization the last thing I would comment on is officiating!

With that said the Vikings got robbed on two big plays last week and I started to get pissed, because it was still relatively close at those points in the game. The Wiggins fumble was disgraceful and that offensive PI penalty was horrible and they both ended potential scoring drives for the Vikings. That was the most dominant game we played all season and I didn't want it tainted by the refs blowing obvious calls that crippled the other team.

I have also witnessed some of the most ridiculous PI calls on the Pats! So I don't have any sympathy for them.

The pass interference stat against the Colts is misleading. While they may have had only 1 PI call, they had a ton of defensive holding and illegal contact down field calls. Most of the time it's the same call, just by a different name.

workhorse said:
The pass interference stat against the Colts is misleading. While they may have had only 1 PI call, they had a ton of defensive holding and illegal contact down field calls. Most of the time it's the same call, just by a different name.

I see your point, but those penalties are not spot fouls. Defensive holding is 10 yards and an automatic 1st down, illegal contact is 5 yards and an automatic 1st down. So there is a big difference between those two penalties and a PI.

Last edited:
NE39 said:
I guess that guy never heard of the 5-yard chuck rule. Bruschi's job is to disrupt his pattern, and it is perfectly legal within 5 yards.

all that needed to be said in this thread

Both the Colts and Pats get a lot of calls. I think a lot of it just comes from being a winning team. Refs probably subconsciously expect you to play near-perfect football since both teams records the last few years have been near-perfect.

The Pats get a lot of calls too, though, even if you don't want to admit it.

Oswlek said:
This is not true. NE absolutely did get away with several holds and illegal contacts. Not as many as the media and Colt fans made it out to be, but it was at least 5-10 uncalled penalties.

WOW. I've watched the game numerous times and the Pats had 2 called they got away with. 2. Not 5-10. And, if you REALLY want to get into it, I will post the list on Saturday of all the calls that DIDN'T go the Pats way. I can guarantee you it FAR outweighs the number of calls that they "got away with".

Oswlek said:
However, what I always point out are the three uncalled holds that were obvious in real time and the two times Indy was given 3 extra seconds to get a play off. Where was the outcry about those calls?

Not to mention the fumble by Harrison that was incorrectly called an incomplete pass. Harrison took 2-3 steps AFTER he had full possession of the ball before he got his clocked cleaned and fumbled the ball. (and YES, I said that it was a fumble by Wiggins and not an incomplete pass)

Oswlek said:
This is not true. NE absolutely did get away with several holds and illegal contacts. Not as many as the media and Colt fans made it out to be, but it was at least 5-10 uncalled penalties.

WOW. I've watched the game numerous times and the Pats had 2 called they got away with. 2. Not 5-10. And, if you REALLY want to get into it, I will post the list on Saturday of all the calls that DIDN'T go the Pats way. I can guarantee you it FAR outweighs the number of calls that they "got away with".

Oswlek said:
However, what I always point out are the three uncalled holds that were obvious in real time and the two times Indy was given 3 extra seconds to get a play off. Where was the outcry about those calls?

Not to mention the fumble by Harrison that was incorrectly called an incomplete pass. Harrison took 2-4 steps AFTER he had full possession of the ball before he got his clocked cleaned and fumbled the ball. (and YES, I said that it was a fumble by Wiggins and not an incomplete pass)

borg...No question said:
You are correct. Bruschi had every right in the world to block the receiver on or within the 5 yds. from the line of scrimmage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News