PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indianapolis gets to host Super Bowl XLVI in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought ESPN thinks the Pats are the only ones to break a rule...That line seems to be contrary to their opinion...it actually leaves room for the fact that other teams in the NFL bend rules too...

You must have been watching something other than ESPN.

I saw it. It was actually on ESPN's website as the featured comment. Probably still there now if you go and look. And none of their writers said that. God forbid they say anything bad about the Colts or they'll be fired. It was by one of the posters that didn't have "N.E.", "New England", "Pats", "Boston", or "Patriots" in his name.

I saw it. It was actually on ESPN's website as the featured comment. Probably still there now if you go and look. And none of their writers said that. God forbid they say anything bad about the Colts or they'll be fired. It was by one of the posters that didn't have "N.E.", "New England", "Pats", "Boston", or "Patriots" in his name.

The comment has already been replaced by one about Shane Victorino. That was quick.

Um, you want Patriot fans in Indy. I thought that is the last thing they'd want. Did you guys think this through?:D

They really have no choice because pats visits Indy every year. Remember.?

They get used to us.:D It really sucks if they can't play but host a game.

Last edited:
They really have no choice because pats visits Indy every year. Remember.?

They get used to us.:D It really sucks if they can't play but host a game.

We're in the third year of our three year stretch of playing games @ Indy. Starting in 2009, they'll be coming back to Foxboro.

Anyone else catch the Featured Comment on ESPN.com about the Colts hosting the Super Bowl?

"If the Colts aren't in that particular Super Bowl, which team will they pump in the stadium noise for?"

Of course the Colts will be in that Super Bowl. With his amazing off-season workout routine, Peyton will be at his physical peak in 2012!

2512374084_5cbd40b62f.jpg

As long as they leave their money.

I'm not sure what you mean that Indy could hardly contain the AFCCG. I was there and it was really no different than regular games.

Indy has lots of experience in hosting large events. They host the 500 every year. While it's not as big as it used to be when about 500,000 people were attending, it's still a huge event. Indy also hosts the Final Four every 4 or 5 years. They have plenty of experience when it comes to big events. Plus the stadium is downtown, not out in the burbs where there is nothing around. So most of the infrastructure and businesses are already there.

There was plenty of talk about the possible bid in the last few months and and I heard several members of the national out of town media say that based on their past experiences at events in Indy they thought Indy would do a fine job as a host city. I think outside of really bad weather, there isn't really worry about Indy hosting a Super Bowl.

You actually Reinforce my point quite well. Why is the Indy 500 declining? A big part of what keeps sports popular is the Celebrity/Big Money attraction of their Epic Event. People want to see the top celebrities attending these events. They want to read about them in newspapers and magazines attending all the Parties around the event. I can't see Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan talking about where they want to stay for the Superbowl and trying to decide between the Courtyard and the Doubletree? Or how about where the event planners for the Playboy Party talking about what venue is is going to host their party. "We could use the old Skelleger Farm or maybe the infamous Indianapolis Zoo?"
Not that I think Boston would be a great host city because of the weather but it matters a lot less where the stadium is than what kind of nightlife area the city has and what the weather is...The Sports Guy got that right. Miami, San Diego, New Orleans should really be the city EVERY year...

You actually Reinforce my point quite well. Why is the Indy 500 declining? A big part of what keeps sports popular is the Celebrity/Big Money attraction of their Epic Event. People want to see the top celebrities attending these events. They want to read about them in newspapers and magazines attending all the Parties around the event. I can't see Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan talking about where they want to stay for the Superbowl and trying to decide between the Courtyard and the Doubletree? Or how about where the event planners for the Playboy Party talking about what venue is is going to host their party. "We could use the old Skelleger Farm or maybe the infamous Indianapolis Zoo?"
Not that I think Boston would be a great host city because of the weather but it matters a lot less where the stadium is than what kind of nightlife area the city has and what the weather is...The Sports Guy got that right. Miami, San Diego, New Orleans should really be the city EVERY year...

The decline of the 500 has everything to do with the IRL and CART split and nothing to do with it being in Indianapolis.

I think its funny that alot of people say that football was meant to be played out in the elements and now everybody is complaining about it being to cold for SB week.

People don't want to party in the cold...

That and it's Indianapolis.

I think its funny that alot of people say that football was meant to be played out in the elements and now everybody is complaining about it being to cold for SB week.

The complaints about the "elements" has almost nothing to do with the actual game.

People come to the Super Bowl for somewhere between 2 days and a whole week of partying.

With that in mind, choose:

1) Running between indoor parties wearing a heavy coat, gloves, earmuffs, and seeing your breath in the freezing cold.

2) wandering from one outdoor party to the other in New Orleans, wearing your team's jersey, some shorts, and some beads.

The complaints about the "elements" has almost nothing to do with the actual game.

People come to the Super Bowl for somewhere between 2 days and a whole week of partying.

With that in mind, choose:

1) Running between indoor parties wearing a heavy coat, gloves, earmuffs, and seeing your breath in the freezing cold.

2) wandering from one outdoor party to the other in New Orleans, wearing your team's jersey, some shorts, and some beads.

I understand that part, but if people can't handle a little cold between events then they are wusses that should just stay home and not go. I am not refering to anybody on this site either, just responding to what I am reading in the media.

If people can't handle a little cold between events then they are wusses that should just stay home and not go.

Catchy. Is that going to be on the Indy SB travel brochure?

Seriously, nobody wanted to go to Jacksonville. Very few people wanted to go to Houston. And they are warm weather cities. Indy will get its day in the sun (figuratively) and it will be killed in the media for being a flop as a SB host city. Assuming there are no other conventions in town during that time, Indy should get high marks for logistics...but the SB is much more event than championship game. What do you expect from Indy in February? Not much.

Catchy. Is that going to be on the Indy SB travel brochure?

Seriously, nobody wanted to go to Jacksonville. Very few people wanted to go to Houston. And they are warm weather cities. Indy will get its day in the sun (figuratively) and it will be killed in the media for being a flop as a SB host city. Assuming there are no other conventions in town during that time, Indy should get high marks for logistics...but the SB is much more event than championship game. What do you expect from Indy in February? Not much.

Never know we might get lucky and have 60 degree days about that time, it has happened alot lately, but our luck it will be 20 below with blizzard conditions. Anyhow I understand where people are coming from, I don't live in Indy myself, Im two hours south, but if I had my choice I would want a warm weather city as well.

Last edited:
Why the heck should most of us care whether it is in Indy, New Orleans or downtown Wichita?

Unless, I hit powerball (unlikely) no matter what city it is in and who is playing, I am gonna be watching it on TV.

Let those millionaires freeze their nads off while running from one party to another.

This is great for INDY. No one pays alot of attention but they some got motogp for this year too .This is going to bring alot of world attention.last year 150k people showed for laguna seca.so indy is going to be bigger as every 1 i know is riding down.hopefully they will have enough hotels.

Why the heck should most of us care whether it is in Indy, New Orleans or downtown Wichita?

Unless, I hit powerball (unlikely) no matter what city it is in and who is playing, I am gonna be watching it on TV.

Let those millionaires freeze their nads off while running from one party to another.

Same here, they could play it in my hometown of 10,000 and I would still be watching it on TV.

Of course the Colts will be in that Super Bowl. With his amazing off-season workout routine, Peyton will be at his physical peak in 2012!

2512374084_5cbd40b62f.jpg

:rofl: that's a nasty pic... He's given us so many classic pics over the years too. My favorites are the ones with his arms up in the air and a big tuft of grass in his helmet. I loved when we owned his *ss. Those DVD's are priceless.

Not really, its makes no difference to Colts fans if the Pat win the Super Bowl in New Orleans or Indy. What makes you think any of us would care if you happen to win it in Indy?

You Colts fans have no passion. Or you lie. If Gillette were to host their very first SB, one of the last confetti colors I'd want to see falling from the rafters is blue and white, but that's just me:bricks:

You Colts fans have no passion. Or you lie. If Gillette were to host their very first SB, one of the last confetti colors I'd want to see falling from the rafters is blue and white, but that's just me:bricks:

We have plenty of passion, the reason it won't bother us is because if you do make it and win the SB you won't be beating the Colts. I might feel a little different if the Pats beat the Colts in the playoffs that year to make it, then that would just down right suck for us..:bricks:

We have plenty of passion, the reason it won't bother us is because if you do make it and win the SB you won't be beating the Colts. I might feel a little different if the Pats beat the Colts in the playoffs that year to make it, then that would just down right suck for us..:bricks:

I think it would stink all around if anyone's team was a contender and didn't get to play the SB in it's own house. I would think that team would be fighting for it's life all season long just to be able to accomplish that, so if the Pats and Colts are still contenders in 2011 then I'd imagine what you cite would be a real possibility.
Brand new stadium in Indy with red, white and blue confetti falling down like snow... I smell a heat crank and some shattered eardrums lol ;)

One thing I do worry about is that this will give a PO'ed Polian license to slug out one of the Pats staffers without impunity since it's on his home turf followed by hordes of Indy fans presuming to lecture Pats fans on the subject of classy behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST