PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Indiana WR James Hardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I just read over at Patriots Insiders that the Pats have shown interest in
Indiana wide receiver James Hardy . Anybody have any info on him? How good is he? Is he a day one or day two pick?

Prob won't be there at 62. May be a late first or 2nd. Saw him play against PSU and he torched Justin King. Hardy is about 6'7".

Wow, talk about big targets if we got this guy and retain Moss.

I still hope we don't draft any wideouts though. Consider Chad Jackson a wideout we're drafting this season - he's redshirted the first two years.

Hardy has tremendous size and above average hands and decent speed for someone that big. His route running is decent. His blocking is practically non existant and he lacks anything even remote resembling quickness.
In the NFL I see him as a tremendous red zone target, but he will have a lot of trouble getting separation.

6'7 and 220 lbs? Wow sign me up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160604

The guy is also a scoring machine. If the Pats think he could be the next TO, I trade our 2nd and 3rd to move up to take him without batting an eyelash.

Imagine having Moss AND TO clone AND Welker on our team??
Truly, truly sick. Maroney might see the ball even less in 2008, unless he finally learns to run routes and catch.

That's the main thing for me, if Hardy can run great routes and pick up the Pats offense, WOW.

This guy is awesome. He is moving up the draft boards quick. Depending on his pro day and combine, he may pass Sweed and Kelly. I am hoping the Bills draft him ... they have been know to reach on draft day.

Here is a clip... he seems to be a good character guy too. He says in the video "I'm not here to break records, I'm here to build a program"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnKWmtkf8P4&feature=related

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes