PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In Praise of the Pen

tedylb

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Gutsy effort by Josh tonight. But what about Oki, Masterson (after they settled him dowm) and Pap. Pap now has a major league record 25 scoreless innings in the playoffs. Un-believeable!

Keep it up, guys. You've been terrific all year. Just one game to glory.

Gutsy effort by Josh tonight. But what about Oki, Masterson (after they settled him dowm) and Pap. Pap now has a major league record 25 scoreless innings in the playoffs. Un-believeable!

Keep it up, guys. You've been terrific all year. Just one game to glory.
You're right, particularly about Masterson. He looked like he couldn't even get an ounce of saliva until Farrell came out and calmed him down. A great job by both the coach and a young pitcher.

I might be over thinking this but did Pap look like his usual self? The fastball was low 90's.

Oki 6-7, Masterson the 8th, and Papelbon time in the 9th. That was a beautiful sequence. Yeah there was a hiccup/scary moment with Masterson but he worked through it.

Gotta love the Sox chances in a close game with that kind of pen!
Bring on Game 7!!!

Masterston is gonna be the real deal im not really sure if i want him as a permanent bull pen player cus i believe he can be a solid starter.. good dilemma to have i guess

Lots of of heroes once again, but you know how many hits the pen allowed in the last 4 innings?

Zero.

I might be over thinking this but did Pap look like his usual self? The fastball was low 90's.

Might of been gased from pitches 2+ innings the other night. I think the bullpen is running on fumes right now. We're gonna need 7 innings out of Lester tonight.

And Okajima was MVP last night, IMO.

I hope these guys arent overused.I would like to see alot of runs by this team tonight but i doubt that.It would be nice to get 7 innings out of Lester.

Lets get the win guys, and most of the credit goes to the pen.

When Delcarmen learns to throw strikes he will be awesome. With all the youths on the staff they should be set for years.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back