PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In Praise of Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I love that he's the coach of the Patriots. We live in a disgusting self-promoting era in which character is based on superficial image projections. He is the anti-PR man. He is essentially telling everyone that the hype is bogus. He's a man of substance. The anti-Rex Ryan. He is not all mouth. In an era of superficiality and self-promotion, he sneers at it. ESPN is nothing but a haggard show.

It's not just that Belichick works his butt off to give his team every chance, that his charity goes unmentioned because he doesn't advertise it, but the thing I love most about him is that he figured out it is a very good thing to have a very strong middle class. He pays his middle of the road vets well. If Tedy Bruschi was the real face of the Patriots in the last decade, then Ninkovich is that face right now. Nink would be a cast off for many teams. This shows that a sport with 22 starters requires a lot of hold the fort guys. Belichick is more about substance than he is about the glitz of superstars. Market your hype all you want, I am about substance. I am about winning. That's Belichick.

And as this former Red Sox first fan of the 70s and 80s and 90s will say, Belichick won me over. I disowned the Sox when the mercenary Schilling came on board (admittedly, I liked Nomar almost as much as Brady) because I couldn't abide by a league without a real dedication to competition. (I have disowned a franchise and a sport before, and if I could do that with baseball, a sport I trained at, a sport I played 3 games a day in summer, I can do it with the Patriots and the NFL). It was Belichick that instilled real values at the core of this team, and those values are ones that I hold dear.

Last edited:
amen, brother...........

We're on to Seattle...

Right on the money. I'm standing by Belichick, the haters are full of ****. If The Krafts don't back him then I'm done with their team.
I'm right there with you, I won't be played for a fool by these millionaires. They end this "scandal" correctly or I stop funding them; admittedly it's a pittance but whatever.

There isn't a coach in the league that I would want more than Bill!!!!!

There isn't a coach in the league that I would want more than Bill!!!!!
I could just see the Krafts firing Belichick and becoming a laughing stock. Maybe I'm over reacting tonight but they have the best coach of his generation, they'd better hold on tight.

I will root for whatever team Belichick coaches. Belichick and Brady made the Pats winners. Kraft should realize that no fan gives a crap about the owner as long as the team wins. Let them start losing and the fans will certainly care. Belichick is worth four wins a year, take him away and you are mediocre. That is exactly what other teams and owners want.

Last edited:
Posted from a Redskins fan on Reddit,

"The idea that something like under inflated footballs somehow tarnishes the patriots' legacy is a joke to me.

John madden is in the hall of fame. Plenty of Oakland raiders from all Davis' heyday are. No asterisk applied to their glorious history. And yet they cheated constantly. They didn't just do things that weren't regulated until the NFL made it against the rule, they also straight up cheated. All the time.

But they were not paying off referees. They weren't purposefully losing or paying other teams to purposefully lose. They sought out and found ways to break rules that the NFL wasn't very good at enforcing. They constantly probed for advantages like that and when they got caught, they accepted punishment.

New england and bill belichek are no different. And from varying reports, most teams function this way, but ever since mangini ratted belichek out, coupled with his success in the NFL, they're under constant scrutiny.

I would argue that Dallas and Washington choosing to load up salaries in an uncapped year when, legally or not, the NFL wasn't allowing teams to do so, would provide a way bigger advantage than under inflated footballs or video taped signs from 100 feet closer than the rule allows but neither team has been anything close to the dominant juggernaut the patriots are.

Belichek will be punished and he will laugh it off because the reason he's got rings and AFC championships has nothing to do with spygate or deflategate. As a matter of fact, the only thing in common between his success and his scandals is that they both come from an all consuming desire to win and be the best. Belichek constantly probes the league's rules and regulations and constantly makes sure his franchise is always pushing the allowance of those rules and regulations. He approaches coaching players and developing schemes the exact same way. It's why he is so great.

Anyone concerned about this 'tarnishing' his legacy or the patriots' need only look at how the Oakland raiders of old are currently viewed.

Belichek doesn't hurt the integrity of the game and that is what is most important. Until he does, he will be the devilish pest that constantly pushes the NFL to do a better job of running the league and enforcing rules. He's not paying off refs. He's not paying people to hurt opposing people. He's not buying victories.

Still the greatest coach of our age and among the greatest of all time."

60_Rule_1__31851.1406617113.1280.1280.jpg

Love my coach.

36a65i.jpg

I said it many times before and I'll say again. We are extremely lucky to be able to witness and enjoy Brady, Belichick and this Patriots dinasty. I just try to appreciate every season, every game and every moment as much as I can!

BB isn't going anywhere until he wants to go.

Kraft isn't a schmuck.
Don't be too sure. Look who he is dating. Too bad Anna Nicole Smith is dead. she would be sitting next him instead.

I'm very much a root for the laundry guy but in many ways bill belichick IS the Patriots.

Nice post by the Redskins fan, I don't think this is an instant of BB skirting rules, it's just how the QB likes the ball. If Rodgers were on the team it would be an overinflated ball. Feel really bad for BB, this is such meaningless nonsense imo.

Nice post by the Redskins fan, I don't think this is an instant of BB skirting rules, it's just how the QB likes the ball. If Rodgers were on the team it would be an overinflated ball. Feel really bad for BB, this is such meaningless nonsense imo.

I think BB is fine with having the media focus on him. It keeps the pressure away from his players. He knows how to deal with the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes