PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In defense of Reche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still would need 2 Quality WR... Drew Bennet and a draft choice would be swell..

Still would need 2 Quality WR... Drew Bennet and a draft choice would be swell..
Forget about Drew Bennett. He will probably ask for more money than David Givens received from the Tennessee Titans.

Forget about Drew Bennett. He will probably ask for more money than David Givens received from the Tennessee Titans.

Yup. LOL, just remembered that Travis Taylor is a free agent. Former Gator...we may have something here!

We got bigger concerns than WR. With Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk & Maroney, you expect a running game. We need OL help, ASAP.

If we went into next season with Reche, Gaffney and CJack, I wouldn't be upset.

This is one of the most intelligent comments posted here so far.

The OL performance was great in terms of pass protection for Brady on Sunday. But even with Graham in there blocking, we couldn't develop a running game against the Colts. When a talented guy like Maroney is consistently stopped for negative yardage against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league, then you have a problem. If the Pats had been able to count on the OL to step up and win them just a couple first downs rushing, then the game would have been all over in the Pats favor.

This is one of the most intelligent comments posted here so far.

The OL performance was great in terms of pass protection for Brady on Sunday. But even with Graham in there blocking, we couldn't develop a running game against the Colts. When a talented guy like Maroney is consistently stopped for negative yardage against one of the worst rushing defenses in the league, then you have a problem. If the Pats had been able to count on the OL to step up and win them just a couple first downs rushing, then the game would have been all over in the Pats favor.

Yeah, but don't forget................. with out a legitimate #1 (that forces you to double cover), you feel a whole lot more comfy as a D to stack the crap out of the box. They single our guys all day long and stacked against the run. Take away Dillon 35 yarder's, we didn't do well against the run all night (something like 25 for 55 yds). Put a number one in there and it does 2 things. Creates breathing room in the box and open up the TE a bit too.

With a true #1 (no offense to JG or RC, I like em), defenses MUST change the way you defense a TB offense. Look at the Colts RB, I'd consider them average, but they do well, cuz you'd be a total moron to stack the box against Manning, Wayne & Co. You could put anyone back there and they would do well for them.

A threatening passing attack will do wonders for a running game.

Last edited:
Reche's drops were inexcusable and I would not be surprised if they ultimately cost him his job.
No coach in his right mind will judge a player based on one game, let alone 2 plays.

Coachs look at the body of work, adknowledging that ALL players make some plays that they could be reasonably be expected not to make, and not make plays they could reasonably expect to make.

Find me ANY WR in the NFL that did not have drops last year. Yeah, he should have made the catches. But there were a ton of "should haves" for the Patriots.

Singling out one guy may make you feel better as a fan, but to say he will lose his job over it is silly.

I give him a pass for that 2nd drop. Whenever he saw that there was no defender covering him, he probably almost had a heart attack. There's also a chance that he just got so high mentally for the SD game, that he had a little bit of a mental let down.

Also, I'm not sure but I think D Branch dropped a ball in SB 38. Not that that counts for anything but.

The thing is, he dropped 2 VERY easy passes.

Guys like Reche, who have been #3 or #4 receivers cannot be expected to make the jump to a #1 at his age (yes, I know he's not ancient, but his mind is already set as to where he feels most comfortable). He needs to be a #3 or 4, a guy who does not have to carry the pressure of being the #1.

Good Lord, I felt for the poor guy. I saw his face and the deep pain he felt after his drops. I know how that hurts.

We need to get a legitimate #1 for next year. Even if he isn't another Marv Harrison or the Steve Smith, he needs to be somebody who *thrives* on being counted on as the #1. Some guys are made for that, others are not.

//

I give him a pass for that 2nd drop. Whenever he saw that there was no defender covering him, he probably almost had a heart attack.

Actually, Reche saw it at once, the problem was TB totally missed the blown coverage at first. Reche was desperately trying to alert Tom to it, but TB did see it till late. If you Tivo it, it's clear that Indy reacted just before the snap and dropped hard (at a good angle) to cut off the play.

Had TB diagnosed it earlier, a quick count and short drop toss over to Reche and had he caught it, he'd have made it all the way. TB made a full drop, allowing the D into position so that even had it been caught, it might have went for 8-10 yds tops. Not that it changes anything about the drop itself, but it goes to show, there were lots of errors out there. His just was one of the most obvious.

Last edited:
Reche has been solid all year ......but this was by far the biggest game of HIS career and he choked .....Those were 2 potential Td's he dropped not just a 10-20 yard 1st downs or 3 downs..........un-friggin-believable..

.................................................................................Buddhaman

Seemed to be even moreso on Sunday. What is that, anyway?

You can bulging eyes from having an over active thyroid. To me it looks like he just got his Christmas goose.

he needs to be cut before he does it in another playoff game.

he needs to be cut before he does it in another playoff game.

What, show those mad, krazy killa eyes! Seriously, he's fine. He's serviceable as a 2nd or 3rd down wr. We still have Chad Jackson and Kevin Faulk, Gaffney, etc.. You can't help but notice the guy plays with fire, and determination, and those are qualities that are very hard to find in a player. I'm not Belichick, ( thank goodness,) but I wouldn't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back