PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In defense of Reche

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made it further in the playoffs than any Charger. He helped defeat the Chargers. Point taken, but recall that the Steelers cut Vrabel.
even comparing reche to a guy like vrabel is ******ed

reche is a horrible wr who can be brought up a notch to adequate by a great qb like brady

you guys just found out why sd let him walk.

he's not reliable.

vrabel on the other hand was always reliable and a good guy

I think he overachieved for us this year and we should keep him.
However,the pass to the sideline.....you MUST make that catch....this wasn't some lumbering running back or TE........He's a wide receiver with a great QB.

Jackie Smith was villified for dropping a harder catch in the end zone,but at least he was running.Caldwell was stationary.

Big stage.....ya gotta make the catch.

We didn't lose because of this,we lost because of the collapse of the defense.

Unfortunately for Reche.......this is what he will be remembered for.

See why the Chargers cut him?

Live and learn.

:singing:

The Chargers wish he were on their side last week instead of the Patriots, that's for sure.

The overreaction on this board is ridiculous.

Without Reche we wouldn't have even made it as far as the Colts. Caldwell is a quality receiver who has made big plays all season long. I think even after yesterday's game he has outperformed the likes of Marvin Harrison in the playoffs.

----------

Not really. That drive only resulted in a field goal.

Yeah, it only put them in position for the game-winning field goal. No biggie. I'm sure Gostkowski would've hit that from 80 yards out anyway.

How about the Caldwell touchdown catch that preceded the game-typing two point conversion? If only Parker or Jackson could've played wide receiver that good for San Diego in that game.

Last edited:
--------------

Ahhhh, what was the Charger D penalty prior to that TD? A headbutt on Florence that was called against him.

Nope, on that drive the Pats kicked a FG to make it a 14-13 game.

Nope, on that drive the Pats kicked a FG to make it a 14-13 game.

you would expect the moron to know the game that sent his team home better, but the charger fans are as football ignorant as their team.

Last edited:
Reche's drops were inexcusable and I would not be surprised if they ultimately cost him his job. They clearly were a case of playoff jitters. You simply can't drop easy catches like that when everything is on the line.

Or, a la Givens, he and gaffney get to work with the JUGS machine in the off-season and start catching the ball with their hands.

While I agreed with not breaking the bank for Givens, did anyone else immediately think that on that pass at the end where Caldwell was uncovered, Givens would have snatched the ball and plowed over the defender to get into the end zone?

I can't believe there is a thread 6 pages and growing about this. Reche Caldwell was one of our best players on offense this year. He gutted it out all year and played hard for us with some pretty good results to show for it. I like him and think he is a very quality #2 or #3. I'm just amazed someone would get all jazzed about 2 dropped passes.

I can't believe there is a thread 6 pages and growing about this. Reche Caldwell was one of our best players on offense this year. He gutted it out all year and played hard for us with some pretty good results to show for it. I like him and think he is a very quality #2 or #3. I'm just amazed someone would get all jazzed about 2 dropped passes.

Exactly. Jesus, Boston "fans" really suck.

The Chargers wish he were on their side last week instead of the Patriots, that's for sure.
no...the chargers wish marlin jackson was on their side last week

reche is crap, you keep him at your peril

he's never THE reason you lose, he's always part of a collapse though, it's just a fact, the guy is a crappy wr

it just shows how great brady is that he could keep up reche's masquerade as long as he did.

when a guy like reche caldwell is one of your best players, that speaks volumes.

the greatness of Belichik and Brady and the mental tenacity of your 'team' is the main reason you guys got as far as you did with subpar talent.

i know you guys have done it in the past , but this ain't the past. pats have a great draft upcoming though and they're going to retool and be as strong as ever.

I found myself defending Caldwell at the playoff telecast last night. His dropped passes were, shall we say, not well received by my buddies.

I defended the guy. Look at his GD face as he got back to the line. He knew he made those goofs. He has heart. He was hustling. Wanted to win. He was a key component to the Charger game. To our team.

Yes Reche Caldwell needs to make adjustments, but I am proud of his play and attitude.

Reche should be a good #3 or 4 WR on this team....that in my opinion shows where we will need to go with our FA and drafting game.......We need big time secondary help and to address getting some big time #1 talent WR's for Brady to connect with....AND as far as free agency....DO IT EARLY DO THAT BRADY CAN GET SOME WORK IN WITH THEM IN THE OFFSEASON/TRAINING CAMP......GO PATS!

AND as far as free agency....DO IT EARLY DO THAT BRADY CAN GET SOME WORK IN WITH THEM IN THE OFFSEASON/TRAINING CAMP......GO PATS!
Good luck with this year's crop of free agent wide receivers:

http://www.theredzone.org/2007/freeagents/showposition.asp?Position=WR

I'd rather draft either Dwayne Bowe, wide receiver from LSU or Robert Meachem, wide receiver from Tennessee with the Patriots first round draft pick than overpay from the aforementioned list of stiffs at wide receiver.

Reche's drops were inexcusable and I would not be surprised if they ultimately cost him his job. They clearly were a case of playoff jitters. You simply can't drop easy catches like that when everything is on the line.

My opin EXACTLY...

Grocery time...

i hope Reche looks at all these criticisms positively and strive to improve. He will be playing with a chip on his shoulder next season. For a guy that didn't cost the Pats much, in terms of draft picks given (none) and cap space, Reche's signing was a very good move by the team. It was just unfortunate that he was forced into being the No. 1 WR by circumstances, such as the DB hostage-taking situation and the slow development of CJ. Go Pats:rocker:

I found myself defending Caldwell at the playoff telecast last night. His dropped passes were, shall we say, not well received by my buddies.

I defended the guy. Look at his GD face as he got back to the line. He knew he made those goofs. He has heart. He was hustling. Wanted to win. He was a key component to the Charger game. To our team.

Yes Reche Caldwell needs to make adjustments, but I am proud of his play and attitude.

I love Reche, I hope he's here for a while. He made two costly mistakes - one which didn't matter and one that did.

Plenty of other mistakes were made by the players - huge penalties. We shouldn't make Reche the scapegoat.

We got bigger concerns than WR. With Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk & Maroney, you expect a running game. We need OL help, ASAP.

If we went into next season with Reche, Gaffney and CJack, I wouldn't be upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST