PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In a response to my thread about Deflategate and this SB:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I want to say that while I stick to the point I was trying to make in that thread, I do think it was bad timing, and it needed to be worded better. The parade was great today, I'm in celebration mode with the rest of you, and I'm not trying to rehash deflategate by any means.

I did not want to come off as if to say that I'm happy now that Tom got treated in that whole mess. Perhaps I wasn't being sensitive to that aspect of it. It had to be an absolutely miserable process for him to go through that whole thing.

My point was just to try and say that I'm glad that this was the result after all of it. I don't think an NFL player has ever worked harder to get where they are than Tom, I can't imagine how it would feel to have your entire career discredited by the court of public opinion over something like that.

I also think we all know for sure how difficult it must have been for him when his mother fell ill.. it's something that we all face, and that's a lot for one man to have on his plate.

Unfortunately that is how life is sometimes. It can be extremely unfair in ways that we can't even understand. There are greedy, heartless individuals out there who will do anything just to see you fail. But life is about persevering through those things. I think what Tom just pulled off was truly the ultimate story of perseverance.

I guess my point of that thread was that I have great admiration for what he pulled off, and how he overcame all of those things. It's an inspiring life lesson for everyone. To me, in the end, it only helps make the story of Brady that much stronger.

I've been on this board for nearly seven years, and have been an active member for five. I have overall had very good experiences on here. I guess it was startling to me when I had such a negative response towards my thread, but I suppose I can see the reason why. I'm not trying to be the guy who brings in negativity around here.

All in all, I'm just still estatic that this last Sunday wasn't a dream.

Oh yeah, and on to six. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe