PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In 24 hours I'll be....

Status
Not open for further replies.
sticking needles in my John Tomase and Boston Herald Voo-doo doll as I remember back to 4 years ago when that jacka** and his rag newspaper slandered a team and legendary head coach on the single most important day for the franchise and fan base.

We have not forgotten JOHN TOMASE!

And we will never forget. No paper purchases and no clicks on the web page of the Herald!

I cant go through another loss to the Giants. I refuse to.

I look at it differently.

This is a major "gravy" year - the "Year without an offseason" where free agency and the draft were flip flopped left the Patriots ill equipped going into the season and this team represents Belichick's attempt to get a lot of band-aids playing well together.

To their credit and his, they're in the Super Bowl. 5th time in 10 years with a very different roster than even 4 years ago, as the Patriots are in fact, re-building as we speak.

So whatever happens happens - it's still been an incredible season worth remembering for a very long time.

...writing the great American novel or whatnot while I wait for kickoff. No pregame BS for me.

Then it will be vodka...

A man after my own heart. I'll turn the TV on for a minute or so in the early afternoon to be sure my cable is working, but then it's off until 15 minutes before Kickoff.

...wondering why so many people who aren't playing the game are acting as if they're suiting up in a couple of hours.

...a rare Deus error. I sure hope that the players are a LOT more composed than we are!!!

I'll be gripping my @ss cheeks so tight the couch cushion will come up with me when I stand.

That's a lot more than I needed to know, but thanks for the thought. Now, can someone please tell me how to get that image out of my mind?

Sex up the significant other, work on your car, fix something broken, etc...

Getting nervous 4+ hours before a game you're not even involved in is a waste.

And, of course, there are those who would say that spending time on a Saturday afternoon not only perusing this Board but actually composing multiple responses to other posters is, well, um, "a waste."

Personally, I don't get nervous...I get JACKED. :rocker:

But to decry a FAN'S emotional involvement in a Game is RIDICULOUS.

And to describe him as "Not Involved"??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

DUDE...

I guess you didn't get the memo:

This League doesn't even EXIST, if it weren't for our INVOLVEMENT.

That should be pretty freaking obvious. :confused:

If we don't pay for tickets, pay for cable, respond to advertising, Et Cetera...then these guy are either running around on sand lots...or selling cars.

That's...kind of obvious...isn't it?? :confused:

The Patriots' Losses are OUR Losses.

100%.

...because we make the existence of this team possible.

That's pretty much...indisputable...isn't it?? :rolleyes:

Likewise...

Their GLORY...is also...OURS.

100%. :cool:

ALL of it!! :rocker:

Seriously, Dude:

If you don't consider yourself "involved" in our team's Quest for Glory...

If you don't consider yourself "involved" in our Quest for the CHAMPIONSHIP...

...Feel free to leave.

And do NOT let the door hit you in the @$$.

You will not be missed.

And, of course, there are those who would say that spending time on a Saturday afternoon not only perusing this Board but actually composing multiple responses to other posters is, well, um, "a waste."

:confused2:

Today, I've painted two rooms, taken my dogs for a walk, gotten most of the prep work for tomorrow's food done, and am watching/listening to the Bruins game.

Reading and posting takes seconds.

Sex up the significant other, work on your car, fix something broken, etc...

Today, I've painted two rooms, taken my dogs for a walk, gotten most of the prep work for tomorrow's food done, and am watching/listening to the Bruins game.

Reading and posting takes seconds.

...and a certain level of ~ what's the word I'm searching for?? :confused:

Oh, yes...

Involvement. :D

YOU.

LOSE.
:nono: :rofl:

I'll be here keeping an eye out for amusing typos ;)

"HAHAHAHAHAH Elli fell his own fupbly", etc.

Last edited:
You sure about that? As acourtesy i have to remind you of the age old saying...

Beer before liquor, never sicker.
Liquor before beer, in the clear.

Oh and i will be biting the fingertips off of my fingers and washing it down with some vodka. Then i will have my wife telling me to calm down and i will reply with something idiotic that will get me in trouble.

I'm well aware my friend, I appreciate your concern though. :D

Hey OTG, I'm with you on those drinks. Very same for me although just in case things go south I also have a supply of German schnapps in the freezer to just get me ossified quickly!

Drinking... Heavily at times.

tumblr_ldusv2yOIA1qd1fjko1_500.gif

Hey OTG, I'm with you on those drinks. Very same for me although just in case things go south I also have a supply of German schnapps in the freezer to just get me ossified quickly!

True Story.

I always keep an healthy supply of Schnapps ~ the "German" is understood ~ just in case of Defeat.

...And just in case of VICTORY!!! :D:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore