PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Imagine Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski on the same team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read the title of this thread I thought the Pats were trading Gronk to the Saints, knowing the Pats would never pay for Graham

I'd rather break the bank on Larry Fitzgerald (who will likely be available) than Jimmy Graham (who will likely not be available).

Of course, I don't see any chance we get either of them, but that's my 2 cents.
What makes you think Fitzgerald would be available? The Cardinals just invested in their first semi-decent QB since Warner and went 10-6 with a new Head Coach. On the back of a very good D, Fitzgerald is a matchup nightmare and from what see, a key figure in their plans moving forward.

Regarding Graham, I'm just not that interested in a Tight End who is an atrocious blocker. That's the whole point of a Tight End. He creates mismatches because he can slip out from the line and catch the ball.

Graham is a big Wide Receiver and should be tagged accordingly.

it would take some Denver broncos quality book cooking to fit Jimmy under the cap.

****. I'll see you fellas next year. Back to the drawing board. This guy just won 2014.

Why wouldn't we just draft a TE in the 1st/2nd/3rd round for peanuts, and then sign a bigger outside threat for much cheaper?

On top of that, how in the hell would New Orleans possibly let him walk away to free agency LOL? They are going to tag him around 6m with the TE designation at the very least. Jimmy Graham isn't going anywhere.

Not exactly easy to draft a guy who can catch 16 touchdowns in a season. But, yeah literally no chance this happens. Graham isn't really a tight end, but he's a huge weapon. I'd love to draft a TE in the 2nd-4th and go with Hooman and Mulligan as 3rd and 4th tight ends. Both very good run blocks and Hooman isn't a bad receiver. Just shouldn't be one of your top options.

graham taking a pay cut..HAHA

Not exactly easy to draft a guy who can catch 16 touchdowns in a season. But, yeah literally no chance this happens. Graham isn't really a tight end, but he's a huge weapon. I'd love to draft a TE in the 2nd-4th and go with Hooman and Mulligan as 3rd and 4th tight ends. Both very good run blocks and Hooman isn't a bad receiver. Just shouldn't be one of your top options.

Jace Amaro or Arthur Lynch would go quite a long way towards instantly improving the offense here for peanuts, and yes--under the right circumstances they could just as easily catch 10-12+ TDs for a much more reasonable cost.

There's no chance that N.Orleans is seriously going to let Jimmy Graham hit free agency. They'd tag him for 6 million dollars. They've come right out and said it within the past couple/few days. This is just another pointless pipe dream thread.

I'd rather break the bank on Larry Fitzgerald (who will likely be available)

Huh?

ARZ just paid Larry Fitzgerald a double digit (in millions) bonus this past spring or so, which is the last time we officially put these talks to bed. As soon as they did that, it immediately showed their hand at what they intend to do for their future. (or at least the next few/several years) Obviously if they chose to pay out 10+ million in bonuses that were due, they had to make the decision to keep him on, and that was before Palmer and Arians came along allowing them to develop a passing attack again.

Arians just went on record a few days ago saying that they have absolutely no reason to even remotely consider any other QB, due to Palmer's success this year which instantly allowed them to compete. For the first time in awhile, Fitzgerald was once again a realistic target that allowed everyone to see his talent.

On top of that, how in the hell could we actually afford Larry Fitzgerald (assuming that ARZ would in fact trade him)? He has a 15m dollar cap hit this year, or something outrageous like that. We wouldn't even pay 10m, even if he'd actually take, ARZ would actually trade him, and Belichick would actually cough up the precious draft picks in a "win now" mode that would flush their successful business plan right down the toilet.

Once again---how many NFL teams have proven to be consistently successful with paying BOTH their franchise QB + franchise WR both contracts that cost in the teens/millions at the same time; therefore costing 1/4 of their entire salary cap? I honestly am still waiting for the answer to this question that no one seems to be able to answer. It can't be too many--if any at all.

I'd rather break the bank on a stud Defensive End to pair with Chandler Jones.

Yes. The 2014 Patriots need to upgrade in the trenches. Once that's done everything else will fall into place. The O-line has gotten their asses kicked in the last 3 playoff losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft