PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Imagine Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski on the same team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could draft, say, Jace Amaro and Arthur Lynch and use the extra $5M a year on other positions. ;)

Ok, this needs to happen :)

Draft both of these TEs and address the outside receiving game with the addition of one or two middle/lower tiered WRs, who can be cost effective.

I realize that many will point to the lack of adequate funding for 2014, but we'll have to see how it all shakes out in a few months.

I love Jimmy Graham, he was a big reason I won my fantasy league this year :). But I wouldn't break the bank for him. One thing I noticed against us and Seattle, when the game gets tough he goes soft. Not something you look for in a TE.

I'd honestly rather resign Edelman and Talib, and somehow get Revis!

They should sign Andrew Luck while they are at it.

Jimmy Graham > Rob Gronkowski until Gronkendola plays a Full season he has no stake to that claim.:snob: I can see a First or Second Round TE in the coming months NO VET FA TE's please!

Jimmy Graham > Rob Gronkowski until Gronkendola plays a Full season he has no stake to that claim.:snob: I can see a First or Second Round TE in the coming months NO VET FA TE's please!

So you disregard gronks 46 straight NFL games and 2 full seasons of playing???

I'd rather imagine having

a dominating offensive line
and
a dominating defensive line

on the same team!

They're going to franchise him for sure if they can't get a long term deal worked out. So keep imagining. Chandler is a much more realistic option.

No wonder Dante Scar quit poor guy couldn't turn Ryan Turn-Syle-Wendell into a player.

I'd feel the same way your average Saints fan would feel is they suddenly got Rob Gronkowski. and they're both just as likely to happen.

Ok, this needs to happen :)

Draft both of these TEs and address the outside receiving game with the addition of one or two middle/lower tiered WRs, who can be cost effective.

I realize that many will point to the lack of adequate funding for 2014, but we'll have to see how it all shakes out in a few months.

This is the approach i want them to take, for the most part. i would really like them to go after a TE and a WR with their first 2 picks in the draft and re-sign Edelman, that is the least expensive way to seriously upgrade their receiving corps. If they can swing the Mallett for the #33 trade then they can come away with two top receiving prospects and completely fill out their units.

Best case scenario for me would be this:

WR

Edelman

Amendola

Dobson

Marquise Lee/ Odell Beckham or another high draft choice

Boyce

Thompkins

TE

Gronkowski

Amaro/Ebron/ Sefarian-Jenkins

Hooman

Mulligan

Let them fight it out for the last spot on each unit.

Draft picks are the most cost effective way to address their receiving units, and they need more talent on each unit.

If the Pats pay what the market commands for Graham, you can wave goodbye to any semblance of upgrading the defense, upgrading the offensive line, upgrading at WR, or signing any of the RBs long term.

This is the approach i want them to take, for the most part. i would really like them to go after a TE and a WR with their first 2 picks in the draft and re-sign Edelman, that is the least expensive way to seriously upgrade their receiving corps. If they can swing the Mallett for the #33 trade then they can come away with two top receiving prospects and completely fill out their units.

Best case scenario for me would be this:

WR

Edelman

Amendola

Dobson

Marquise Lee/ Odell Beckham or another high draft choice

Boyce

Thompkins

TE

Gronkowski

Amaro/Ebron/ Sefarian-Jenkins

Hooman

Mulligan

Let them fight it out for the last spot on each unit.

Draft picks are the most cost effective way to address their receiving units, and they need more talent on each unit.

I'll co-sign on that. I think the Pats can afford to keep Edelman if they really want to, mostly because I don't think he'll command a contract that necessarily commands a lot in year 1. If their top three receivers are Dobson/Edelman/Amendola, and they manage to get Jace Amaro alongside Gronk at TE (Ebron should be long gone by their first pick), then that's an awfully potent offense assuming any semblance of health.

The bottom line is that we need to give our talent more time to mature. People keep pointing to the Broncos' weapons, and ignoring the fact that three of their top four receiving targets are all home-grown guys on rookie contracts. As good as Demaryius Thomas is now, in his first two years combined he had less than 800. Julius Thomas had one reception prior to this season. Erick Decker had 6 catches his rookie season.

The Broncos gave them all time to develop, and as a result they had three very good targets available this year for pretty cheap, which is why they're able to keep all of them and sign Welker for good measure. That's what the Pats are going for, and short-sighted fans who demand that we need to go get an elite receiver in FA just don't get that you can't build an offense with a lot of weapons that way. You need to draft well and you need to develop your guys. That's what we're doing right now. The model is correct; what remains to be seen is whether the right guys were picked and whether they're being effectively developed. The jury's obviously still out on that, but if it works it'll pay enormous dividends.

Signing Graham would completely go against the economic structure and philosophy of this team....

I favor our current crew, and adding a TE either through the draft and Free Agency...

Our biggest offensive difference this year was the lack of production from the TE position...

116 receptions to 46
16 TD's to 5...

There was too much pressure on the WR's, as there were no other choices..

If Jimmy's willing to take an out of town discount I'm down :)

I assume the OP plays a lot of fantasy football.

I was just going to say that!
I imagined that team...it also had Andrew Luck backing up Brady and a backfield of Marshawn Lynch and Frank Gore.
Come to think of it...I had to sit Damarius Thomas to start Graham in the W/T spot.:rolleyes:

it would take some Denver broncos quality book cooking to fit Jimmy under the cap.

I'd rather break the bank on Larry Fitzgerald (who will likely be available) than Jimmy Graham (who will likely not be available).

Of course, I don't see any chance we get either of them, but that's my 2 cents.

NE has to get another TE in the draft and there are great prospects, if they don't I think we will see another season like this year.

Ebron
Amaro
Jenkins
Niklas - 6'7" 270

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye