PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm going to Gillette! Where do I stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take the train because I don't need a lot of time there before or after the game. I'm not going to tailgate, and after the game I'll probably need to get back to the kiddo as he will have been subjected to my grandma for several hours at that point. ;) We can always all drive up there to see Patriot Place and hang around on Saturday, if things are open.

Although I seem to have some sort of lucky charm when it comes to stadium traffic (not Gillette, though). I seem to avoid it somehow. Still you never know when that luck is going to run out.

Good move. The train does make things very easy and you'll save money on the parking. Just be sure to head to the train right after the game, b/c it leaves 30 minutes after the final gun.

And make sure you get on the right train! One goes to Providence, the other to Boston.

Have an awesome trip.

Wow you're snippy. OK, you see it with your own eyes from your house, I've seen it dozens of times from my car. Whatever.

I don't do anything special, yet I have never seen any traffic on 95 or 495. I normally left Providence around 10:30 (for 1 PM games), I think. Maybe those other people left later.
snippy? what did i say. maybe your a bit sensitive. or maybe i dont see very good anymore :rolleyes: or maybe your idea of bad traffic is different from mine. a drive that normally takes 35 minutes that turns into a hour and a half or a two hour drive is heavy traffic in my eyes. hell what do i know i just live and drive and work in the area everyday.

snippy? what did i say. maybe your a bit sensitive. or maybe i dont see very good anymore :rolleyes: or maybe your idea of bad traffic is different from mine. a drive that normally takes 35 minutes that turns into a hour and a half or a two hour drive is heavy traffic in my eyes. hell what do i know i just live and drive and work in the area everyday.

I don't know what to tell you, but I have no reason to lie here and I'm speaking from alot of experience. I'm not sure how many times you've driven from Providence to Gillette on game day, but I've done it dozens of times and leaving my house 2.5 hours before the game was always virtually traffic-free (except for that infamous Miami game) until I get to within 2 or 3 miles of the stadium on rte. 1. Maybe leaving later results in terrible traffic on 95 and 495.

But whatever, Bella*chick is taking the train, and that sounds like a great move for her.

edit: at least we can agree that Sam Cassell should not be playing.

Last edited:
LOL, it would be just like me to get the wrong train.

LOL, it would be just like me to get the wrong train.

You'll be fine, they announce several times which train to be on. Anyway, it is the one to the right as you're walking towards them after the game.

Generally there's some drunkard who gets on the wrong one, though. That's entertainment.

I don't know what to tell you, but I have no reason to lie here and I'm speaking from alot of experience. I'm not sure how many times you've driven from Providence to Gillette on game day, but I've done it dozens of times and leaving my house 2.5 hours before the game was always virtually traffic-free (except for that infamous Miami game) until I get to within 2 or 3 miles of the stadium on rte. 1. Maybe leaving later results in terrible traffic on 95 and 495.

But whatever, Bella*chick is taking the train, and that sounds like a great move for her.
i don't have any reason to lie either and i am also speaking from a lot of driving exp in the area. I've been driving the roads of southeastern ma since 84 and have been a ups driver for the last 15 years. your idea of bad traffic must be different than mine. when it comes to hotels clearly you know what your talking about.

i don't have any reason to lie either and i am also speaking from a lot of driving exp in the area. I've been driving the roads of southeastern ma since 84 and have been a ups driver for the last 15 years. your idea of bad traffic must be different than mine. when it comes to hotels clearly you know what your talking about.

I'm just talking about Pats games, not driving in general. Anyway, OK, I think this horse is dead.

Sam Cassell stinks, OK?

I'm not expecting a win here. I'm kind of looking ahead to Game 4 as the most important game of the series.

Enjoy the game.

I'm just talking about Pats games, not driving in general. Anyway, OK, I think this horse is dead.
yes I'm talking about the pats games also. its a well known fact in this area among people who actually live here the traffic to and from pats games is bad. but your righjt this horse is dead now.

yes I'm talking about the pats games also. its a well known fact in this area among people who actually live here the traffic to and from pats games is bad. but your righjt this horse is dead now.

I lived there for over 30 years. I'm not really Chinese. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore