PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you can stand one more Spygate article...this is the one to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Look - I said it's over and I really feel that it is.

However, for the trolls and the Patriot haters that love to come here......you need to read this article and get over it once and for all.

This unbiased writer from somewhere in Cali - gets it right.

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/194/story/324859.html

Sean Lynch: Time to let Spygate go, Mr. Senator

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/194/v-story_images/story/324859.htmlSean Lynch

You've got to be kidding.

Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) said last week that his involvement in the New England Patriots' videotaping controversy wasn't over.
I'm sure his constituents are pleased to hear their senator finishes what he starts.

But why?

All the Patriots did was steal signs.

Could one of the senator's aides get the man a memo that says sign stealing exists in every single sport that involves signs.

And nobody really cares.

As much as people may want to call it cheating, any athlete will tell you it's really gamesmanship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: If you can stand one more Spygate article..this is the one to read.

someone needs to get an account there, and give the guy who responded to the article a clue

the herald came out and said walsh wasnt its source? REALLY? i sure hadnt heard aobu that

the guy who wrote it was pretty good

the guy who responded to it needs to stop making things up

the herald came out and said walsh wasnt its source? REALLY? i sure hadnt heard aobu that

Tomase said he heard that Walsh had taped the walktrough - not that Walsh told him that.

I hear there is a vacancy to be filled at PFW. Maybe Fred should give this guy a call. The guy he's reportedly considering (Parente) thinks that Walsh not having a walkthrough tape was not the real story of the May meeting, it was that taping had gone on since 2000. And Bill somehow owes the world a better apology for that. Maybe he's the moron who penned that comment...

You can be a reporter and be independent and even dislike Bill on some level (which is nearly a prerequisite for working at PFW IMO) without being idiotic. It's called having perspsective, which is what this guy exhibits. Bill apologized sufficiently for making a decision that cost the franchise the harshest penalty in league history. I'm not sure what some of these sanctimonious critics want. He's the smartest and hardest working HC in the game and he is always going to do whatever he believes he can do to give his team even the slightest edge - that is his job and he should never apologize to anyone for doing that better than any of his present day peers. And as this writer apparently grasps, that in large part was what he and this organization were so severely penalized for - being maddeningly good. Had the KC Chiefs or the Detroit Lions or <insert most any floundering franchise> been the one caught taping signals and the level of indignity that surrounded the matter drops exponentially. Not to mention if the hapless Eagles had ever won one, or Comcast been able to sell the NFL on their plan to acquire a stake in NFLN, not a living soul in the US Senate would have given a rats ass about videotaping freakin' hand signals in a football game.

Last edited:
Spector is never going to stop pandering. And that is all he is doing. His claims of wanting to ensure sports are on the level were shown as a lie when he said he didn't care about the NBA ref scandal where at minimum 3 Pennyslvania natives conspired to shave points and at maximum the league was rigging games - a claim with about the same credibility as the Rams "tapethrough" that Spector wants Congress to investigate.

Last edited:

Tomase said he heard that Walsh had taped the walktrough - not that Walsh told him that.

Which makes one wonder why Walsh didn't just look in a camera that very first day and say "no, that's not true. Now excuse me, I have to teach a rich old lady to putt."

:bricks:

A well written article.

It's unfortunate though, that the only non-patriots fans that are going to read it here (for the most part) are those looking to troll us and give us hell for spygate.

Articles like this will never get national appeal. Still, nice to see there are people outside of NE who get it.

someone needs to get an account there, and give the guy who responded to the article a clue

the guy who wrote it was pretty good

the guy who responded to it needs to stop making things up

Your right.....but, Please do not confuse people with truth and facts - we tried to do that here (http://www.fansforaccuratemedia.com/). Nobody cares about what really happened and what did not.

I am used to people outside of New England trying their hardest to tear us down. Their abilty to realistically put spygate in it's proper "gamesmanship" perspective is clouded by insane jealousy of New England Patriots and now other Boston teams.

Trolls & haters - bring it, I am loving it. You don't have what we do - six rings in a decade of dominance like no other in the history of professional sports (show me another region with as many multi sport championships as New England has) - and it is not over yet, not even close.

Bingo.

I actually look forward to the next spin cycle of this particular set of events... we're down to where the next paycheck will come from saying "but seriously... um these guys are the best, and it's a joke to blame losses on a camera.

Or, they can keep trying to mine the same vein that ran out pretty much in the middle of last season.

:) if I'm a Jets fan, I guess this stuff is my super bowl.

Look - I said it's over and I really feel that it is.

However, for the trolls and the Patriot haters that love to come here......you need to read this article and get over it once and for all.

This unbiased writer from somewhere in Cali - gets it right.

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/194/story/324859.html

======================================

Well that clears up everything.

I guess I need to move on.:)

It's the Pat fans that relentlessly bring this subject up, at least on this board.

exactly, the herald nor Tomase ever said that Walsh was NOT the source

"I have always been a Patriots fan and will continue to follow them but Walsh's new revelation wasn't about taping a walk-thru, it was that he & Belicheat both knew what they were doing was illegal at the time, even though Belicheat insisted he had only "misinterpreted the rule." This revelation speaks 100 times more about the character (or lack thereof) of Belicheat than any new filming would have. :: "

a pats fan? this guy calls himself a pats fan? he must be kiding me

It's the Pat fans that relentlessly bring this subject up, at least on this board.

I am glad you finally have a clear and thorough understanding now - I have done my job.

Tell ya what - I am done as long as the rest the world is.

Spygate is over, done, finis.

I am glad you finally have a clear and thorough understanding now - I have done my job.

Tell ya what - I am done as long as the rest the world is.

Spygate is over, done, finis.

====================================

It's like the OJ thing, very interesting at first, then, it's like I hope I never hear another word about it.:rip:

We only bring it up in response to outside media comments or publicity. And if the topic is brought up on this board, who else is gonna bring it up but "Pats fans"? That was kinda an obvious statement.

Who brings up Jets issues on the Jets board?

We only bring it up in response to outside media comments or publicity. And if the topic is brought up on this board, who else is gonna bring it up but "Pats fans"? That was kinda an obvious statement.

Who brings up Jets issues on the Jets board?

I see your point, just saying I see this(spygate) as a non issue at this point that has been discussed adnauseum and I haven't heard a new spin on it in months.

I just wish the topic would die already. I say this as a Jet fan, I guess I could understand you as a Pat fan still wanting to discuss.

I see your point, just saying I see this(spygate) as a non issue at this point that has been discussed adnauseum and I haven't heard a new spin on it in months.

I just wish the topic would die already. I say this as a Jet fan, I guess I could understand you as a Pat fan still wanting to discuss.

You're absolutely right...it has gotten to the point of being sickening. Let's hope the new season puts it all to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back