PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Pats keep Revis....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its pretty safe to say they are probably not going to get Revis.

What I think Jets fans don't get is that Revis' desire to go back to the Jets probably had more to do with Rex Ryan than the Jets itself. At age 30, I don't know if Revis is going to want to go to a team devoid of talent with no starting QB and will take years to be a contender.

The Patriots will have to pay pretty close to top dollar to keep Revis, so I can definitely see some team making a better offer and him leaving. However, there will be enough teams willing to do that that, if he does decide to leave, he's going to go to another contender who's willing to pay more than the Patriots, not to a 4-12 team with no quarterback.

People always call Revis a mercenary, saying he wants to maximize his earnings, which is probably true. But it's not like we have evidence that says he's willing to play for a dumpster fire if it means the most money. He held out for more money on a Jets team that was going to AFC championship games. He was then traded to the Bucs (didn't choose them), and signed with the Patriots as soon as he had the freedom to choose. The idea that he might take a marginal increase and play for a non-contender is based on nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST