PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If compensation is correct, we got a steal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Box_O_Rocks said:
I was sentenced there for 8 years, belches and grunts will get you by. Why worry what they think about a player good or bad, after all, they don't see much through the red haze while peering out under that brow ridge.

Just remember, all of us who are celebrating were Monty Beisel fans in 2005. :singing:

I distinctly remember the KC fans' comments when we acquired Beisel last year. And I remember the Ariz. fans' comments when we got Starks. And the Chargers fans' when we got Caldwell.

NONE of them sounded like what I heard today from NOT ONLY Raider fans, but around the league.

shmessy said:
I distinctly remember the KC fans' comments when we acquired Beisel last year. And I remember the Ariz. fans' comments when we got Starks. And the Chargers fans' when we got Caldwell.

NONE of them sounded like what I heard today from NOT ONLY Raider fans, but around the league.
Nonsense, who checked with the Chiefs when Monty came over? We were partying too hard here! :cool:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Nonsense, who checked with the Chiefs when Monty came over? We were partying too hard here! :cool:

There were many links on this board to the KC threads last year when we acquired him. The vast majority of the Chiefs fans (although Vermeil wept all over him as is his wont) were exceptionally skeptical of Monty being anything other than a Larry Izzo. A good crazy man on ST's, but a "never-gonna-be" on a regular LB unit.

Last edited:
holyredeemer said:
It is a very great trade for the pats, esp. for what we gave up, but let's not start annointing the guy a STAR ON THE RISE!! Thats really starting to get on my nerves. When we picked up Reche during the Offseason, werent alot of people on this very board annointing him a star on the rise?

WHAAAAAT? Um...no. We weren't. I'm not totally disagreeing with your premise here - Gabriel has much to prove. But I don't know of ANYONE who touted Caldwell as a star on the rise. And a lot of people here are quoting articles from objective sources, which refer to Gabriel that way. Caldwell - not a chance.

shmessy said:
There were many links on this board to the KC threads last year when we acquired him. The vast majority of the Chiefs fans (although Vermeil wept all over him as is his wont) were exceptionally skeptical of Monty being anything other than a Larry Izzo. A good crazy man on ST's, but a "never-gonna-be" on a regular LB unit.
Man, this moderator stuff has taken the ziiiinnngggg from our relationship, your just not as much fun anymore - I think I need to give you a cat. :p

Richter said:
Yeah, for the team getting the second round pick.

I don't know if you're kidding, but if you're not, oooooh man you are in for one big suprise.

We gave up a fifth for Andre Davis... his career stats are very similar to Gabriel's. Let's not uncork the champagne bottles just yet.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I don't know if you're kidding, but if you're not, oooooh man you are in for one big suprise.

I'm guessing the surprise that you are talking about refers to Culpepper not making it through the entire season....???

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I think a 5th for Gabriel is certainly a steal. Al Davis would have to be nuts to ask for just a 5th so I guess you all are right, we'll see.

As for steals, a second rounder for Daunte Culpepper is the biggest bank robbery in recent criminal history. ;)

Well.. you gotta make up for that AJ Feeley for a 2nd debauchle at some point. :)

Of course, that was pre-Saban, so this trade is obviously different.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Man, this moderator stuff has taken the ziiiinnngggg from our relationship, your just not as much fun anymore - I think I need to give you a cat. :p

Naaaahhhh..... I'll never forget the little people!

I'm not ready to say that Gabriel is going to be a superstar, but I'm really glad that we have him. There's no reason to think that he won't contribute to the offense, especially with Brady throwing to him.

I was very blah when the Patriots signed Caldwell. I just remembered him dropping balls in clutch situations with the Chargers, although he did catch a TD pass against us. I saw nothing in the pre-season to change my opinion of him. His role will probably decrease as the season progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft