PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Brady wins a 5th ring before he retires, how long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most amazing stat is Bradys wins/loss total. No matter how the league changes when even average QB's can put up really good stats.. Bradys win% will probably go down as the best ever and most likely will hold up the longest. I know Manning still technically owns the record but will be broken this season.

I wouldn't trust any yds/td's records because the league has changed so much even over the last 12 years.

I'm a big Revolver and RS fan, too. I think it provides a nice combo of both the early and later stuff. You could make a strong case for either of those two, and Rolling Stone magazine would agree with you.

I just can't get with placing Sgt. Pepper's at the top of the list.
It was just a landmark achievement for when it came out. It still is.

The most amazing stat is Bradys wins/loss total. No matter how the league changes when even average QB's can put up really good stats.. Bradys win% will probably go down as the best ever and most likely will hold up the longest. I know Manning still technically owns the record but will be broken this season.

I wouldn't trust any yds/td's records because the league has changed so much even over the last 12 years.
Numbers don't tell the whole story.

Favre and Manning for example, exceptionally talented individual ability. Not to mention Marino.

But the very best-Unitas, Montana, Brady-have the complete feel for the game, the circumstances and awareness of other players, and the ablility to keep them involved and lead the team to perform as a unit.

It's not tangibly measurable, I guess, but it's there.

It would take a new commissioner, whose main goal is NOT 'parity at all costs.'
Rozelle really worshipped parity.

With Goodell, it's 'cover my ass and frame it like I'm doing a good job at all costs, including but not limited to unbalancing the playing field against a successful team that jealous owners baselessly accuse of cheating, and having the courts back me up'

Beating Seattle in that sb might have been an even greater win than the first sb win. There was so much riding on that game for the Pats. They defended their back to back titles and burned all of the crybabies at the same time. Thanks again Malcolm.
It is hard, to separate the off-field distractions from the game itself.

At worst he is 1b. The only QB that most anyone thinks might be better is Montana and each game Brady plays, mire and more of them fall by the wayside
Joe was obviously very, very special, but he still had to battle his whole career, including nearly being dumped by the Niners after the career-threatening back injury, and then later being dumped in favor of Young.

Bradshaw is seriously underrated today.

I would have loved to see Bill stuffing Jordan's shots, or touch-blocking them to another Celtics player. Bird treated him bad enough though.
I've said it a million times; I like MJ and I don't consider it insulting that I've got him in my top 20 all-time basketball players. I consider it a huge compliment.

Yep. They had no issue with trying new sounds etc.

I mean....what band in their right mind (drugs helped) would use a freaking sitar?
Not meaning to compare the talent of the 2 groups, but Radiohead is the modern day version of mixing, creativity with the technological advances, and playing THE most diverse set of bizarre ass instruments that any band has attempted since the Beatles. As a matter of fact, they took what the Beatles did and set the bar even higher in that regard.

They attempt to "reinvent" themselves with each and every album, and even some of the more abstract ones like Kid A are rated in Rolling Stone magazine's top albums of all time.

Aside from some solo artists like Michael Jackson and Prince, the only other argument one could even make for the past 25 years would probably be U2. We've had some decent music since then, but if we're speaking purely of rock and roll (non hip-hop), I don't believe anyone has been as important and consistent as Radiohead over the past 20+ years.

Joe was obviously very, very special, but he still had to battle his whole career, including nearly being dumped by the Niners after the career-threatening back injury, and then later being dumped in favor of Young.

Bradshaw is seriously underrated today.
The biggest drawbacks for Bradshaw were some mediocre statistics and the fact that the entire team could remain intact with the promise of some steroids, a hundred dollar bill, and a six pack.

The biggest drawbacks for Bradshaw were some mediocre statistics and the fact that the entire team could remain intact with the promise of some steroids, a hundred dollar bill, and a six pack.
Lol. Still, they were pretty good.

Disagree on the "under achieved."

Conference and League Championships are extremely difficult to win and, yes, they include an element of "luck" and somebody "making a play." The Pats have experienced both sides of those equations during the Brady Belichick era: the tuck call reversal, the Tyree catch, the Welker drop, the Manning to Manningham pass, the Butler pick.

That's why winning even one SB for a QB is a meaningful accomplishment; two represents a great career.

Saying that Brady has "under achieved" with four is a bit much. Plus, we can never downplay the abilities of Belichick when we speak of "greatness."
I'm talking about post the first three.... from age 27 to 39, he got one.

The loss of a first round pick and a major knee injury to Brady affected the team on the field for a few years. After losing a top pick in 2007 the 2008 season was a killer. That was the last year of a very strong defense.

Then came the Baltimore, Jet, Giant years, when I give equal discredit to the defense and coaching as I do Brady.

Then Brady led the greatest comeback in SB history and The Butler Did it.

I don't see underachieving there.
its not Brady under achieving. all I am saying is that there were lots of years where the Pats were the Pats were the best team in the leaugues easy where they did not win it. (07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15) Some were due to injury others were due to bad luck or bady game.

I agree with the Jets fan that nobody will ever be a bigger sport icon or as widely regarded as the greatest than Michael Jordan.

It's not a position that's up for debate or attainable.

I disagree with him when he says the consensus puts Brady at 3. Anybody that attempts to make an argument for anyone other than maybe Montana is wrong. And that's thst

When I first joined here I was on a Jets board and noticed patfanken had posted a very good post there (no surprse eh?) and he got the same treatment. I tried to let the Jets fans know that he was one of the better posters around and I got the same.

View attachment 14717
I joined the forum before I even joined here and right when I said I was a Patriots fan they started saying and ranting on how I just had to be a troll from here looking to mock their Jets. No matter what I said, that paranoid mindset consumed their logic. After hearing from Jetfan, I'm fine with him, BUT no matter what I said they just ganged up on me and basically bullied me even though "bullying will not he tolerated". I think they proved just how far gone hardcore Jets fans from Gang Green are. I mean, I once read that one user might dump his wife because he learned his wife was a Patriots fan and thus "might" be cheating on him. He said "she knew how much my Jets meant to me!!!"

I mean, that's like hating your kid hecause they become Jets fans. So weird ::eek:

Great point on the stats.

Even those fans who want to claim that Brady has had a free ride by playing in a weak division are at a loss. Brady's playoff record blows everyone out of the water too and is better than most QB's regular season record. Thank you **** Rehbein.

I agree with the Jets fan that nobody will ever be a bigger sport icon or as widely regarded as the greatest than Michael Jordan.

It's not a position that's up for debate or attainable.

What a silly statement to make on a board read by Bill Russell fans.

I guess it's all about what you cherish, winning or being an icon.

If I had a kid and they became a Jets fan, I would definitely hate the kid.

I'm not sure if it's genetically possible for a Pats fan to have a child that could become a Jets fan. But if it happened I'd take the kid to the best doctors and see if there's a cure.

Last edited:
Not meaning to compare the talent of the 2 groups, but Radiohead is the modern day version of mixing, creativity with the technological advances, and playing THE most diverse set of bizarre ass instruments that any band has attempted since the Beatles. As a matter of fact, they took what the Beatles did and set the bar even higher in that regard.

They attempt to "reinvent" themselves with each and every album, and even some of the more abstract ones like Kid A are rated in Rolling Stone magazine's top albums of all time.

Aside from some solo artists like Michael Jackson and Prince, the only other argument one could even make for the past 25 years would probably be U2. We've had some decent music since then, but if we're speaking purely of rock and roll (non hip-hop), I don't believe anyone has been as important and consistent as Radiohead over the past 20+ years.
Love Price, U2 , and Radiohead.

Moon Shaped Pool is pretty good release.

Of course I did security for a Ratt and Twisted Sister concert so what do I know. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe