PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If anyone needs a hotel room in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a douche bag post. Supa, good luck to your dog and, hopefully, you find a suiter. Chasa, next time just keep posts like these to yourself, my man.
Yeah, even IF you are thinking that then just don't post it man. I am sure the OP will make a decision that is best for his family.

We have lots of friends that have no kids but they DO have dogs and those dogs are their life.

OP...best of luck to you and best of luck to your German Sheppard. I grew up with one we had for ~ 13 years. They are great dogs....

Sorry to hear about your dog. You're in my prayers.

Best of luck to you and your Shepard Sup. Hoping for a total cure and many more days together.

good luck, supa.......hope it works out

Best of luck to you and your dog hopeing for the best.

I just have Saturday morning through Monday morning--sorry.

I'll send you a PM anyway with the details just in case.

Couldn't make it work. Hope you find someone for the rooms and good luck with your dog.

I well and truly understand the happiness a pet can bring into your life. They become family members and often grow with your family. I love my dogs and couldn't imagine anything other than giving them the best opportunities given how much joy they have brought to my family.

The unconditional love and trust they put into their owners is something. Best wishes for speedy and full recovery for your pup Supa.

Was Chasa's post really so horrible that the morality internet police need to drop the hammer down on it? People put their beloved pets down all the time to spare them an agonizing life. Seems like a pretty valid question for the curious.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the pooch, Supa! I freaking love my dog and while it's only 5 and a half, I'm already dreading the inevitable day that I lose it. I've never had a pet with as much intelligence and personality as he has. Great pets are hard to see go through health problems. Hope he recovers!

Was Chasa's post really so horrible that the morality internet police need to drop the hammer down on it? People put their beloved pets down all the time to spare them an agonizing life. Seems like a pretty valid question for the curious.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the pooch, Supa! I freaking love my dog and while it's only 5 and a half, I'm already dreading the inevitable day that I lose it. I've never had a pet with as much intelligence and personality as he has. Great pets are hard to see go through health problems. Hope he recovers!
Yes, it was an incredibly inconsiderate post that simply didn't need to be made. @supafly has proven time and time again to be an intelligent, well thought-out poster. The kicker in @chasa's comment is the maybe you should component of the comment. There is simply no need to make that suggestion. If it was posed as "if your pet is in incredible pain, have you considered euthanasia?" that would have been more acceptable.

Frankly, my first reaction was to throw something at chasa for that utterly idiotic comment.

Yes, it was an incredibly inconsiderate post that simply didn't need to be made. @supafly has proven time and time again to be an intelligent, well thought-out poster. The kicker in @chasa's comment is the maybe you should component of the comment. There is simply no need to make that suggestion.

Frankly, my first reaction was to throw something at chasa for that utterly idiotic comment.

Ugh. Well, I don't want to get into it in a thread Supa is trying to unload his hotel room in, but I'll just say people can be overly pretentious on the internet. I love my dog and if I had to pay 8 grand to save it, and someone asked me if it wouldn't be better to put it down for its own health reasons, I wouldn't gasp in shock and horror. I'd simply reaffirm my decision either way.

But whatever, it's an internet forum, so we're all snarky, judgmental, and trying to show each other how morally superior we are to one another, as opposed to real life, where we just answer the question.

Ugh. Well, I don't want to get into it in a thread Supa is trying to unload his hotel room in, but I'll just say people can be overly pretentious on the internet. I love my dog and if I had to pay 8 grand to save it, and someone asked me if it wouldn't be better to put it down for its own health reasons, I wouldn't gasp in shock and horror. I'd simply reaffirm my decision either way.

But whatever, it's an internet forum, so we're all snarky, judgmental, and trying to show each other how morally superior we are to one another, as opposed to real life, where we just answer the question.
No, we are not. Some people demonstrate compassion for the plight of others because we've faced the situations ourselves. Don't go around making generalisations for the sake of your own morality.

No, we are not. Some people demonstrate compassion for the plight of others because we've faced the situations ourselves. Don't go around making generalisations for the sake of your own morality.

Last time I checked Asking if potentially dragging out an incredibly painful life of an animal with a minimal life span to begin with made sense, was demonstrating compassion. Horses get Euthanized for broken leg, and their life span is over double that of the average dog. I'm also not a veterinarian, nor have the ability to "speak dog" to be able to ask it hey are you in a lot of pain? So excuse me for asking a question that I felt needed to be asked.

Supa said the vet told him dogs don't suffer as much as humans after I asked, and that should have been the end of it. case closed. Someone without information asked a hard question, and got an answer. done.

But to be fair Supa did mention wanting to keep this thread bumped so i guess bashing me technically for a good cause is okay.

Last edited:
No worries all, whatever side of the fence you choose to take on this one. I seriously appreciate the kind words from everyone.

I have about 8-10 different people who have inquired, so I'm hoping that it works out with unloading the room. Thanks again.

EDIT: Oh, and my wife and I called the hotel today. Apparently there is a form for switching the name of the reservations, so they emailed it to us. The person who wants the room simply faxes or sends the form to the hotel to change the name, so it's really a very painless procedure.

Considering the fact that my wife booked the room a long time ago, I'm assuming that anyone looking to go to the game may have some difficulty finding adequate accommodations at the last minute.

Last edited:
I know this is a completely inconsiderate thing to say, but 8 grand to keep your dog alive in what I'm going to assume is a pained state? Maybe you should put it down.

Last time I checked Asking if potentially dragging out an incredibly painful life of an animal with a minimal life span to begin with made sense, was demonstrating compassion. Horses get Euthanized for broken leg, and their life span is over double that of the average dog. I'm also not a veterinarian, nor have the ability to "speak dog" to be able to ask it hey are you in a lot of pain? So excuse me for asking a question that I felt needed to be asked.

Supa said the vet told him dogs don't suffer as much as humans after I asked, and that should have been the end of it. case closed. Someone without information asked a hard question, and got an answer. done.

But to be fair Supa did mention wanting to keep this thread bumped so i guess bashing me technically for a good cause is okay.
That would be fine had you asked a question NOT made a statement.

Some people don't understand that dogs are like family. I love my dog as much as I love my siblings and my mom adores that little f*ck more than us (hehe jk but almost), The most beautiful part is that they love us back!

Best of luck to you and your dog!

I can't go, but I just wanted to say sorry about the dog. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes