PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle Thoughts - So many questions. So little time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo, Brady is going to have to play his arse off for this team to win the division.
I'd go the opposite and say the defense will have to be clearly the worst in the NFL to prevent Brady from winning the division.

Funny that you mention Givens as a comparison to Price

I thought the SAME thing a few weeks ago

So far he has been an irrelevant non factor and struggling to learn the pro game but I hope he can be 50% of what Givens gave us and that would be good enough.

Anyway, your comment about Brady is spot on. One other thing that he needs to do if there are deep patterns in the game plan... more deep posts and fewer sideline fly patterns. Both Tate and Moss have the ability to get behind the safeties, anbd with a little play action (not from the
shotgun), this could be a great play, even on their very first play from scrimmage.

:confused: Moss runs deep posts all the time.

Last edited:
Funny that you mention Givens as a comparison to Price

I thought the SAME thing a few weeks ago

So far he has been an irrelevant non factor and struggling to learn the pro game but I hope he can be 50% of what Givens gave us and that would be good enough.

I was thinking he was a Givens clone right from the start. However I think he has more physical talent than David in that he's a little bigger and more than a little faster. HOWEVER he played n a very rudimentary pass offense in college and has a long way to go before he is a finished product. He's securely locked in BEHIND Moss, Welker, Tate and Edelman, so baring a series of injuries, he's not going to get many snaps this season. Even Hermamdez will get more passing looks THIS season.

To his credit, Price has looked a lot more compfortable in the offense than Givens did in his first year.

I played football. I've watched football for 35 years. I don't know 1/1000th of what the Pats coaches know.

I'm kinda stunned that we're talking Xs and Os here in this fashion. I like to see Xs and Os analyzed on this board, but I definitely would not suggest that Belichick devise different pass patterns, etc.

Maybe I watch with my eyes closed, and maybe I wasn't paying attention during my years of playing.

I played football. I've watched football for 35 years. I don't know 1/1000th of what the Pats coaches know.

I'm kinda stunned that we're talking Xs and Os here in this fashion. I like to see Xs and Os analyzed on this board, but I definitely would not suggest that Belichick devise different pass patterns, etc.

Maybe I watch with my eyes closed, and maybe I wasn't paying attention during my years of playing.
It's a rare change from the mud slinging anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News