3. Eagles
4. Broncos
5. Patriots
6. Bengals
7. Colts
8. Ravens
9. Seahawks
10. Jaguars

What's with the blasting of mcbee? He's only got 250 posts but he's been here for as long as I can remember. He's no troll.

He has the Pats 6th - I'll go along with OldEnglish's Top 5 list here.

There's nothing unPatriotic about assessing the team less than #1 in mid-October. Anyone who doesn't understand that doesn't understand the Patriots or the NFL for that matter.

You want to peak in January - not October.

Those who want to delude themselves that the Patriots have been playing like the best team in football are making themselves look like morons.

Not even the New England Patriots themselves would have you believe that.

mcbee said:
tied with a few other teams.

I'd say at the top its

1. Chicago
2-5. Denver, Baltimore, San Diego, Philadelphia

Then NE tied with

Giants, Falcons, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Charlotte, and maybe even the Rams.

Based on how NE has played, they're top 1/3 of the league, but not by much.

What do all you Homers think?

Nope. Pats are Top Five. (But more like three, four or five, behind at least Denver, and San Diego and maybe the NFC pretender.)

1)Baltimore is a pretender not a contender.
2)Philly has warts. Receiving and rushing is very, very, thin...
3) The Bears are a good club. Aside from the Sea Chickens without Alexander at Home, have they played anyone not contending for the first pick in the draft? Look it up. (the answer is NOooo. ) They will end up with a great record, as they play exactly one, O-N-E, 1, (the number between zero and two) games remaining against a winning club, (the Patriots).:cool:

Actually AZpatsFan, the Bears have FOUR remaining games against teams who currently have a winning record. That's the number between three and five. They play:

Vikings (3-2)
Patriots (4-1)
Giants (3-2 on a brutal schedule)
St Louis (4-2)

As for who they have played so far, I would not describe Minnesota as contending for the number one pick.

No rankings, but there are a couple of teams I don't think we can beat right now:

Denver (proven)

San Diego (way more team speed on both sides of the ball than we have)

Thats about it. Chicago and Philly would be tough games, but winnable. Indy? Foreget about it. Maroney and Dillon (if both are healthy) will go through their D like shi!t through a goose. I expect close to 300 yards rushing in that game.

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:
What's with the blasting of mcbee? He's only got 250 posts but he's been here for as long as I can remember. He's no troll.

There's nothing unPatriotic about assessing the team less than #1 in mid-October. Anyone who doesn't understand that doesn't understand the Patriots or the NFL for that matter.

Those who want to delude themselves that the Patriots have been playing like the best team in football are making themselves look like morons.

I don't think people are blasting him because of his ranking, but because of the fact he saw the need to ask how us HOMERS feel in his original post. Simply asking us of our opinion is good, but there was no need to, in my opinion, insult all of us.

1 - Chicago. I want to say the wheels are going to come off of this bandwagon but so far they've earned it.
2 - Indy. If there was a Super Bowl trophy for regular seasons Indy would be the new Green Bay. Too bad about that whole postseason thing, though.
3 - Denver. Denver lost to Miami to open the season last year and St. Louis to open the season this year. Since then they've been pretty good.
4 - New England.
5 - Seattle - I don't hold that blow out against them that much, it was just one game.
6 - Baltimore
7 - SD
8 - New Orleans. Maybe they're even for real.
9 - Carolina
10 - Giants

That being said a lot of you guys are morons for the way you handle stuff like this when someone ranks the Patriots too low. Who really gives a crap about season rankings, all I care about is the Lombardi.

Three teams are ahead of us -- the two unbeaten ones and the one with the dominating defense that always seems to beat us, including two spankings since January. For all the warts, I don't see any of the others as being ahead of us, although SD worries me somewhat and I'm hopeful that Indy will crumple against teams that know how to win.

Last edited:
JoeSixPat said:

Joe, I believe you may be thinking of "Arrelbee" , who I've noticed contributes to logical discussions about strategy and other aspects of the game.

This loser's MO is to hijack game day threads by focusing on Tom Brady's, and I quote, "gay tendencies" , and claiming that he didn't follow the Pats during their lean years and he only likes them since they've become champs. Furthermore, he/she claims that as soon as they start losing again its on to another team.

Check the game day thread from the Miami game. It's all there.

:ditto:
D-cleater said:
Joe, I believe you may be thinking of "Arrelbee" , who I've noticed contributes to logical discussions about strategy and other aspects of the game.

This loser's MO is to hijack game day threads by focusing on Tom Brady's, and I quote, "gay tendencies" , and claiming that he didn't follow the Pats during their lean years and he only likes them since they've become champs. Furthermore, he/she claims that as soon as they start losing again its on to another team.

Check the game day thread from the Miami game. It's all there.

:ditto: :trolls:

No way this guy is a real Pats fan...just a closet faiders fan with nothing to root for..even calls the Pats the "patsies" which is also in the Miami thread....you really need to read that Joe before you defend this loser..

pats-blue said:
:ditto:

:ditto: :trolls:

No way this guy is a real Pats fan...just a closet faiders fan with nothing to root for..even calls the Pats the "patsies" which is also in the Miami thread....you really need to read that Joe before you defend this loser..

Ah - though 250 posts is a pretty active troll - they usually get banned or give up long before that.

Still - he baited and you all took the bait. Said that the Pats were the 6th best team - which is NOT an insulting or trollesque statement - not too far off the mark at all... and called on "homers" to dispute it.

Frankly, anyone who thinks a Top 5 or even Top 6 rating for the Pats is an INSULT probably IS a "homer" because that's about what they are.

I did look over his posts at your suggestion though... he's no Homer, that's for sure - and on the spectrum of Patsfans here he's nowhere near the "everything the Patriots do is great, Tom Brady can do no wrong, just drink your koolaid and shut up" end of things... but having another contrarian around here shouldn't be viewed as a bad thing

And yes he's called the Pats the Patsies before - both when he predicted they'd lose to the Bengals and when he predicted they'd trounce the Dolphins.

I just don't think you can throw this guy under the bus as a troll just because he says the Pats are a Top 6 team, and that's what a lot of folks did.

Last edited:
1. Chicago
2-5. Denver, Baltimore, San Diego, Philadelphia

Then NE tied with

Giants, Falcons, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Charlotte, and maybe even the Rams.

Are you saying these things just so we become irate and spend another half an hour on this damn message board instead of working? Here is a brief list of corrections, some addressed already some new.

1) There is no team called "Charlotte". The CAROLINA Panthers play in Charlotte however. And yes, they are pretty good.
2) Seattle beat the Giants by 106 with Shuan Alexander and the Rams by a field goal without him, yet both the Giants and Rams are on your list but not Seattle. Well done.
3) The Giants aren't that good. They're like a slightly better version of Dallas who are themselves a moderately better version of the Dolphins.
4) Philadelphia is not better than New England. The Pats D would not have allowed Drew Brees to execute a 35-minute drive to score at the end of the game before surrendering the winning points.

Ignoring two things: 1. all the bickering and 2. that I personally don't care of the topic starter; I'll go ahead and play along with the initial question.

1. Bears - Until proven otherwise this team is playing better than anyone else in the league right now. Their PF-PA differential is insane.

2. Broncos - Their defense is emerging as a real force this season. Their offense can run the ball well. Jake won't have to do much if this continues.

3. Chargers - Another great defense and great running game. Noticing a trend? Rivers isn't a bad passer either.

4. Colts - Some might have them ranked lower, but I say the fact that Manning has figured out a way not only to run the score up but also win a close game is truly frightening.

5. Patriots - The defense hasn't jelled just yet, but still hasn't allowed more than 17 points in a game all season. The offense hasn't jelled but they're still scoring more than 20 ppg.

6. Seahawks - They have OL problems and D problems, but to this point it hasn't mattered. They have a great QB, a great RB (when healthy), and some very good WRs. They can outscore any team fielding anything other than an elite defense.

7. Eagles - McNabb is having a great season. The defense is still good. Westbrook is a playmaker. But something about this team I'm not sold on. Maybe because they lost to the Saints, who I'm also not sold on? I don't know.

8. Ravens - Very good defense. Not the strongest running game. Not the strongest passing game. A defense alone can only do so much. The band-aid that is McNair is not the answer for this franchise.

9. Bengals - They're still a good team, but I think that their confidence breached the retaining walls and has spilled over into the depths of egomania. This most recent loss to the Bucs can serve as two things - either the breaking point for a floundering season, or the gut-check of a successful one. Who knows which way they'll go.

10. Jaguars - This team is an enigma. They have everything you'd want from a winning team, but are still finding ways to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST