PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I would not be shocked if BB does NOT pick a WR

We'll have to see if Welker resigns and if they add any FA's but if the O/U is 1I'd be less shocked to see 2 than 0 but nothing with Bill would shock me.....well maybe 2 TE's :eek:

It's an excellent year for WRs. The Patriots have a huge need for them. It will be a shock if they don't take one.

A few years ago, we said the same thing about LBers and BB didn't chose one... So who knows..

well, no, obviously...
but...
thinking out loud...

PIT: Wallace, Brown Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Saunders
AZ: Fitz, Boldin, Doucet, Roberts Breaston, Johnson
GB: Jennings, Jones, Nelson Jacon Walker, Randall Cobb,
PHI: Jackson, Maclin, Avant
ATL: Jones, White,Douglas Jenkins
NO: Colston, Henderson, Meachem Stallworth

Talk about Cherry Picking, going back to 2002 since Branch/Givens were mentioned:

Pitt: Limas Sweed, Dallas Baker, Willie Reid, Fred Gibson, Lee Mays
AZ: Demarco Sampson, Todd Watkins, LeRon McCoy, Jason McAddley
GB: Carl Ford, DeAndrew Rubin, Terrence Murphy, Craig Bragg, Wil Blackmon, Corey Rodgers, David Clowney, Brett Swain,
PHI: Riley Cooper, Brandon Gibson, Jeremy Bloom, Reggie Brown, Billy McMullen, Freddie Milons
ATL: Kerry Meier, Laurent Robinson, Adam Jennings, Jon Olinger, LaTarence Dunbar, Kahlil Hill, Michael Coleman
NO : Talman Gardner, Kareem Kelly, Chase Lyman, Mike Hass, Adrian Arrington

Those are the OTHER wide receivers those 6 teams have drafted since 2002. What I find interesting is that you count Early Doucet and Harry Douglas when both are considered to have under performed.

So, here are the results:
Pitt: 4/9
AZ: 6/10
GB: 5/13
PHI: 3/9
ATL: 4/11
NO: 5/9

So, only 2 of the 6 teams you mentioned did better than 50% since the 2002 Draft.

I'd be very shocked if they didn't as deep as this class seems to be.

PIT: Limas Sweed, Fred Gibson,
AZ: Bryant Johnson
GB: Cory Rodgers, Terrence Murphy
PHI: Freddie Mitchell
ATL: Laurent Robinson
NO: This one I'll give you although there have been some later round misses and Donte Stallworth hardly lived up to his first round billing.

So even the best teams at drafting WR's had their failures. I think this helps my point not hinder it.

Yeah, BB better NEVER take a gamble on a player...like he usually does in the 2nd rd for a POS cb. :rolleyes:

I wouldnt mind trading down and getting banks in the second. His 40 time really scared a lot of ppl. But he reminds me of brandon browner. Very similar combine story. Hopefully similar success. I thought trufant would be the better pick but he got burned way more than banks. Just goes to show what technique and brains will do for you instead of relying on just pure speed

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back