PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wanted to Draft Kerrigan and Wilkerson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nate Solder pick doesn't bother me and if Marcus Cannon stays healthy the Pats have solidified the OL years for 5-10 years. The picks that really bothered me were Dowling, Vereen and Ridley. I like the players and hope they work out but all of them were picked too early. Dowling may have been available in the 3rd round and both Vereen and Ridley may have been picked one round too early.

We still need a C. I miss Koppen in the run game. We arent running as good as last year.

We still need a C. I miss Koppen in the run game. We arent running as good as last year.

Dave Molk, Michigan on day 2 or Mark Spinney, Boston College on day 3.

The Nate Solder pick doesn't bother me and if Marcus Cannon stays healthy the Pats have solidified the OL years for 5-10 years. The picks that really bothered me were Dowling, Vereen and Ridley. I like the players and hope they work out but all of them were picked too early. Dowling may have been available in the 3rd round and both Vereen and Ridley may have been picked one round too early.

Dowling would not have been available in the 3rd round. Remember, the Bills, after us, took a CB.

No offense to the new guy, who I, being a recent new guy, have great sympathy for...particularly as you've shown flashes of good stuff, despite an AWFUL Screen Name...but while I was never particularly pleased with the Dowling Pick, the Bills, indeed, would've probably taken him IMMEDIATELY after us. The idea of him lasting to the 3rd Round is just INSANE. :eek:

Dave Molk, Michigan on day 2 or Mark Spinney, Boston College on day 3.

Both undersized and short.

Yeah...You're one of my favorite posters, Brother Peach, and I hate to diverge with you, but if Coach Bill drafted Molk at Molk's Market Price ~ 4th Rounder ~ I would drive down to his home and shoot him in his living room.

...Figuratively speaking. :)

Blech.

I HATE being Negative Nancy, especially to two guys I like. :mad:

Great POSTS, Brother Ninja!! :rocker:

Molk is listed at 6'2" and Spinney is listed at 6'4" (although we know listed heights are almost always off), and both are listed in the mid-280s. Dan Koppen is listed at 6'2 (and mid 280s) and Dan Conolly is listed as 6'4" (and 313#).

Plus, prospects usually gain a few pounds as they age and get into pro S&C programs. You don't want Centers to be too tall (or way too short either). It messes with their leverage.

If y'all don't like the play of either of those guys your opinions are totally cool. (Although I disagree). But I don't see their ht and wt as being an issue.

Last edited:
Molk is listed at 6'2" and Spinney is listed at 6'4" (although we know listed heights are almost always up to an inch off), and both are listed in the mid-280s. Dan Koppen is listed at 6'2 (and mid 280s) and Dan Conolly is listed as 6'4" (and 313#).

Plus, prospects usually gain a few pounds as they age and get into pro S&C programs. You don't want Centers to be too tall (or way too short either). It messes with their leverage.

If y'all don't like the play of either of those guys your opinions are totally cool. (Although I disagree). But I don't see their ht and wt as being an issue.

Koppen is not mid 280. He is around 290. And that's the problem. He gets pushed back often in pass protection.

I know of the Michigan Center. I don't want any Michigan Offensive lineman. Why?
Well, when Rich Rod came to Michigan in 2008, he stopped recruiting the ideal NFL size O lineman and went with the smaller, shorter faster O linemen.
When they played big heavier and good D linemen from other school, their entire O line got owned and the end result was Michigan's offense being inept.

This team needs a bigger stronger Center. Half the NFL teams run a 34 and the division runs 3-4. Blocking a big fat NT is a priority. That's why the Rat went out and drafted Mangold to deal with Vince Wilfork.

Molk is listed at 6'2" and Spinney is listed at 6'4" (although we know listed heights are almost always off), and both are listed in the mid-280s. Dan Koppen is listed at 6'2 (and mid 280s) and Dan Conolly is listed as 6'4" (and 313#).

Koppen is not mid 280. He is around 290. And that's the problem. He gets pushed back often in pass protection.

I know of the Michigan Center. I don't want any Michigan Offensive lineman. Why?
Well, when Rich Rod came to Michigan in 2008, he stopped recruiting the ideal NFL size O lineman and went with the smaller, shorter faster O linemen.
When they played big heavier and good D linemen from other school, their entire O line got owned and the end result was Michigan's offense being inept.

This team needs a bigger stronger Center. Half the NFL teams run a 34 and the division runs 3-4. Blocking a big fat NT is a priority. That's why the Rat went out and drafted Mangold to deal with Vince Wilfork.

Concur.

Again: No offense, Brother PeachHead. :cool:

But I gotta go with Brother Ninja on this: As I've always SCREAMED: Grizzlies need to be GRIZZLIES!! :rocker:

We need agile BEASTS in The Trenches.

Screw MAKING the PlayOffs.

To WIN the PlayOffs, you need agile BEASTS.

KOPPEN...does not QUALIFY.

And Molk is even TINIER.

A couple of later round Centers that might work in our offense:

Jones of Georgia. Team Captain. Makes the line calls and has SEC starting experience.

Blake of Baylor. Makes the line calls and is adept at shot gun snapping.

Yeah...You're one of my favorite posters, Brother Peach, and I hate to diverge with you, but if Coach Bill drafted Molk at Molk's Market Price ~ 4th Rounder ~ I would drive down to his home and shoot him in his living room.

...Figuratively speaking. :)

I had to call in a welfare check last April on BB after the Ridley pick. I was worried about you two.

Last edited:
pretty sure nobody cares who you wanted to draft, pal

You cared enough to click the thread, and take time to reply. As did many others.

thanks for the useless reply...

You cared enough to click the thread, and take time to reply. As did many others.

thanks for the useless reply...

Clicking and Replying does not indicate caring who you would draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back