PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I say Our Game Plan is to RUN on them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go with the troll bit. You want to see trolling:

Most of the patriots fanbase is a bandwagon jumping, front-runner crew of imbecils that have inferiority complexes. It's either: 'Were the best tom brady is awesome superbowl here we come!!! # 1 power rankings suck it' when the team is doing good or its 'LMFAO OMG talkin smack and they HAVENT EVEN WON ANYTHING IN LIKE 20 YEARS. wat the patriots do?!?! oh yeah dey won 3 superbowls :rocker:'

Look around your forum, people are scattered around the United States. Surely they must have just relocated from Massachusetts and Connecticut to start a family right? Yeah, that's it. Or maybe they picked up a copy of Madden 2005 and watched some superbowls with Ugg-boots wearing Tom Brady. I live in the northeast, NO ONE was a patriots fan before 2000. Only the diehards that could name the patriots starting quarterback before bledsoe, which I bet a fair share of the people here could not do, deserve respect. The rest of you are cowards, too afraid to persevere with a losing team so you join the enemy and reap the benefits.

I try to enlighten you guys but every time I make a coherent (and factual) point it's one of two responses: troll or insult. It's obvious who here is spineless and who actually has a set of cojones. Take off the homer glasses and see the sport for what it is. I can't wait for the Patriots to flame out when Brady's game drops off in 3 yrs time and 70% of the fanbase disappears. Peyton will be done by that time too, who's going to be next? Falcons? We'll find out.

^ THATS TROLLING
That's actually called an inferiority complex.

Im not even a ****** lion fan. I'm a jet fan and you're all superior to me. I'm getting a headache because I can't think hard enough intellectually so I must leave.

Duhhh. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Im not even a ****** lion fan. I'm a jet fan and you're all pieces of sht
You wouldn't happen to be a man who thinks he's a woman or a cat that thinks he's a dog by any chance either?

I can't work out if I'm a homer or a chicken little if it helps. Apparently I'm both.

Last edited:
At this point, I think it's safe to say that the biggest victim of the Moss departure for New England has been Aaron Hernandez. He had some space to fill in the intermediate range as safeties were doubling Moss and/or watching out for Welker. With the field shortened up and Brady getting the ball out quicker, Welker and Branch are occupying the spaces that were earlier vacated for Aaron.

The Patriots are not going to win this game if they are constantly in 2nd 9 & 10...I don't know if running on the NYJ is a way to avoid that. Sure, I'm all for the occasional draw, inside handoff, etc., but I don't know if "strappin' 'em on and playing smashmouth" is the best way to win Monday night....Doesn't Cleveland play a similar defense to the NYJ? Pats could not run that day....

At this point, I think it's safe to say that the biggest victim of the Moss departure for New England has been Aaron Hernandez. He had some space to fill in the intermediate range as safeties were doubling Moss and/or watching out for Welker. With the field shortened up and Brady getting the ball out quicker, Welker and Branch are occupying the spaces that were earlier vacated for Aaron.

Right. this will also help against the blitz to. Without any receivers going deep half the time, Brady won't have to wait for routes to form as long. He will kill the blitz flushing the ball out quickly to Wes and the crew.

My fear is the NYJ baiting Brady into throwing to Welker/Branch when they break off their route due to a blitz and one of their dbs picking him off and running to pay dirt :(

So while I was gone, the "lionsfan" went apesh!t? Nice. Some context in case he decides to lurk...

The Patriots, for the season, average 112.5 YPG on the ground. That's good enough for 16th in the NFL. Middle of the pack, which is what you would expect from a team that's strictly a pass-first offense with a GOAT candidate and future HOF quarterback in Tom Bary. The Patriots also have 1,237 yards on the season in spite of not having their best RB, Fred Taylor, on the roster for a few weeks and having to rely on a former undrafted running back and JAG in BJGE and an undersized third down back with spunk in Danny Woodhead. Once again, that amount of yardage is good for 16th in the NFL. The Patriots have scored 13 TD's on the ground for the season. That's good for 3rd place in the NFL as of right now.

Anybody expecting the Patriots to come out and execute a run-first offense when they're not playing a porous run defense (like the Colts) is out of their mind. Keep in mind that we're a pass-first offense with a quarterback who is in the midst of an MVP campaign when you consider what he has to work with. Anybody that picks apart the fact that we didn't have a balanced offense when we were down by two TD's is simply either uneducated in or is ignoring simple Football 101. When you're down, you pass until you get back into the game. The same people that continue to ignore that our offense was more balanced within the run/pass ratio in that same game when we caught up are trolling.

Another interesting factoid: The Patriots, with all of this considered, have also attempted only 74 less rushes than the #2 team in rushing attempts in the NFL... the New York Jets.

To Ausbacker and everyone else who disagreed with me in this thread: I' VE NEVER BEEN WRONGER AND HAPPIER AT THE SAME TIME IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!! You guys were right all along, man!!!

To Ausbacker and everyone else who disagreed with me in this thread: I' VE NEVER BEEN WRONGER AND HAPPIER AT THE SAME TIME IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!! You guys were right all along, man!!!
I'm sure we're all happy with the outcome RodThePat ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News