PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I return in peace.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
tatum26 said:
Anything else guys?

Do you think Shanahan will continue with the RB carousel or will one emerge the starter as the season progresses & if so whom?

It's worth mentioning that neither team could run the ball last January. Denver is as good as we are defending the run. Hopefully by the fourth quarter, our exchanging fresh legs in the backfield against a tired D will give us an edge. The playoff game came down to the 10-14 point swing from the Bailey pick-6 (definitely a touchback). I expect Sunday's game to be decided on a like big play.

Watch for Ellis Hobbs to make the big play. I'll come right out and say it -- Hobbs is much, much better in coverage than Ty Law was at this point in his career.

Last edited:
bakes781 said:
Do you think Shanahan will continue with the RB carousel or will one emerge the starter as the season progresses & if so whom?

I actually think that for this game Tatum will get about 70 percent, and Mike will get the other 30...but I think as the season goes on, Tatum will get the majority of the carries....I just don't think Mike's completely ready yet.

Pryce was hurt last year nd is now gone. How is Kennard Lang the latest Brownco doing? Have any of the Browncos returned to laziness?

The other question I'd ask is the Alex effin Gibbs coaching effect wearing off three years on? Are there any O-liners that never played for AG?

AzPatsFan said:
Pryce was hurt last year nd is now gone. How is Kennard Lang the latest Brownco doing? Have any of the Browncos returned to laziness?

The other question I'd ask is the Alex effin Gibbs coaching effect wearing off three years on? Are there any O-liners that never played for AG?

Well the "Browncos" are doing well for what we expect of them. Don't forget, the reason they got a lot of credit last year is because no one expected anything out of them, and they did a solid job. They're clearly not the best, but they're doing the job. It's important that they get pressure this week though. Kenard Lang is fitting in well. We're all rather excited about our rookie DE Elvis Dumervil....he's small, but he does a hell of a job.

As for the O-Line, I'm not sure if there are any who haven't played for Gibbs, but they're still getting the job done....they're not the reason Jake's been playing poorly.

tatum26 said:
Unlike the many, many Patriot fans who have come to the official boards (Broncomania) to cause nothing but trouble, I've come here to wish you guys good luck again, as we play again.

Every team has their annoying fans, and I'm sure very few of your are like those Patriots fans who are still posting "HAHAH we're going to be 16-0 and you guys are terrible."

It's not even legit smack talk anymore, it's just a bunch of nonsense.
I think when you have a forum called Talkin' Smack, it's pretty much an invitation for idiots. You're going to get them either way, but I think you'd be amazed what would happen if you changed that title. Just my opinion.

I've been posting at broncosfreak and I have to say it's been pretty civil between both fan bases. No jokes about Bruschi having a stroke like I've seen on your board. To your posters credit, most of them told him/them it was uncalled for.

jaychamp said:
I think when you have a forum called Talkin' Smack, it's pretty much an invitation for idiots. You're going to get them either way, but I think you'd be amazed what would happen if you changed that title. Just my opinion.

I've been posting at broncosfreak and I have to say it's been pretty civil between both fan bases. No jokes about Bruschi having a stroke like I've seen on your board. To your posters credit, most of them told him/them it was uncalled for.

Well, we like Smack.

We just don't like the kind of idiots we've gotten. Back when the Raiders were decent they put up good smack and it was fun...now it's pathetic.

I don't recall anyone on our boards making a JOKE about Bruschi having a stroke, and if they did, they clearly are not a member worth listening to.

I guess stuff like that and fans like that go around everywhere though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back