PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I met Doug Flutie last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
italianpatthepatriot said:
willie 55:
the sentence you put like signature made by 'Nfl Films narrator' was dedicated to the Patriots ? if yes in wich case ? thks and sorry for the small OT...

No. IIRC it was one of the good teams of the 70's, maybe the Raiders. I just thought it fit the Patriots perfectly because everbody always says how the Pats don't blow anybody out and they do just enough to win.

Last edited:
Willie55 said:
No. IIRC it was one of the good teams of the 70's, maybe the Raiders. I just thought it fit the Patriots perfectly because everbody always says how the Pats don't blow anybody out and they do just enough to win.

i like it too a lot.
i hoped it was 'done' for us...
grazie

Last edited by a moderator:
BradyManny2344 said:
Yeah, I've met Doug, too, and he was a clown. Flutie showed up an hour late for a charity golf tournament at the course I used to work at. The tournament kept being delayed for his grand arrival, but alas, he never showed on time and it went off without him. When Flutie finally strolled in, a fellow employee had to cart him out to his group on the course[and received no tip].

Flutie only cares when cameras are around.

This kind of anecdote is unfair, although anecdotes are not necessarily accurate in both directions. Big O talked about this phenomeneon on his show one day and hos experiences traveling with the Celts. He said a player would sign 50 autographs, and then move on and #51 thinks he's an a-h. I'm sure that some days, a guy feels like signing 100, and another day doesn;t feel like it. it's a lifestyle most of us cannot relate to.

Even the guys we think we know what they are like, whether good or bad, how do we REALLY know?

I would not have known to tip a cart driver, but I'm not a big golfer.

BradyManny2344 said:
Maybe I'm not explaining it right, and not that it matters and I apologize for getting OT, but as someone who used to work at a golf course in his summers, I want to make it clear that people should absolutely tip in this situation. You'd pay a worker at a bag drop at a private course, right? Then why not someone who pulls 15 minutes out of their day to cart your sorry late ass around the golf course to find your foursome? When someone is late and holds up a tournament and you have to stop whatever you're doing to drive them out to the course, random strangers think to give you a tip, and normally do. Wouldn't you think a celebrity would have the extra change to do as well?

A tip for a friggin golf cart ride?!?!?!?!?!? I had to bust my ass in the oil fields, railroad, moving co., construction, pipeline, etc. ...PHUCK SAKES woman. I had to actually REALLY WORK for a living. I never got no PHUCKING TIPS (got a hernia though)!!!!!

OK. Sarcasm. :D

A tip is a nice gesture...but it isn't needed. So deal with it.

Many people are aspholes when their not in the camera eye. Some people are STILL aspholes in the camera eye. Do you really think that this is something new?

When I met Jerry Rice, his ego was absolutely out of whack!

He still is good though.

BFD...

Last edited:
I'm not really trying to say he's a bad person or anything, was just trying to share my one experience with the guy, and the impression he made on me. If you were fairly wealthy, wouldn't you throw a high schooler a couple of bucks for providing you any kind of service, let alone one that revolved around an inconvience you had caused?

And I guarantee he tipped the [friggin] cart girls...

Anyway, that wasn't even the part that unimpressed me [about Doug]. It was how the tournament directors kept promising everyone that "Doug would be here soon" and he wasn't. And when he showed up, he thought that not only was it no big deal that he was late, but that we should all be super excited to see a celebrity.

Last edited:
BradyManny2344 said:
I'm not really trying to say he's a bad person or anything, was just trying to share my one experience with the guy, and the impression he made on me. If you were fairly wealthy, wouldn't you throw a high schooler a couple of bucks for providing you any kind of service, let alone one that revolved around an inconvience you had caused?

And I guarantee he tipped the [friggin] cart girls...

Anyway, that wasn't even the part that unimpressed me [about Doug]. It was how the tournament directors kept promising everyone that "Doug would be here soon" and he wasn't. And when he showed up, he thought that not only was it no big deal that he was late, but that we should all be super excited to see a celebrity.

What a no good bastard!

Willie55 said:
Last night I was at a fundraiser. The Flutie Brothers Band provided the enterainment. First off, let me say, the music was exceptional. They did all cover songs. The lead singer was excellent, Doug played the drums and his brother Darren played one of the guitars.

During intermission I asked Doug if I could get a photo, to which he so graciously obliged. I asked him how the retired life was treating. He said it doesn't feel like retirement because he has to do so much research for the college football gig he's doing with ABC.

Another person I was with, asked him about the drop-kick, but before he was able to answer I got distracted and couldn't hear what he said.

He also made a joke about his height.

Needless to say, Doug was very friendly to everybody and was very accommodating.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the picture to attach.

rockthebarn0012.jpg

OK, imagine you have no idea who Doug Flutie is and all I told you is that this is a pick of a pro athlete and a fan.... which is the athlete and which is the fan. Poor Doug, now he's not only short he looks beat up and old. Oh wait, he is...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft