PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I met Doug Flutie last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Last night I was at a fundraiser. The Flutie Brothers Band provided the enterainment. First off, let me say, the music was exceptional. They did all cover songs. The lead singer was excellent, Doug played the drums and his brother Darren played one of the guitars.

During intermission I asked Doug if I could get a photo, to which he so graciously obliged. I asked him how the retired life was treating. He said it doesn't feel like retirement because he has to do so much research for the college football gig he's doing with ABC.

Another person I was with, asked him about the drop-kick, but before he was able to answer I got distracted and couldn't hear what he said.

He also made a joke about his height.

Needless to say, Doug was very friendly to everybody and was very accommodating.

Hopefully I'll be able to get the picture to attach.

rockthebarn0012.jpg

That's pretty damn cool, I'm not gonna lie to you.

Very cool! What cover tunes do the Flutie Brothers play?

JoeSixPat said:

I hope you didn't request any Randy Newman songs.:nono:

Who is that handsome bastard next to Doug?:rocker:

JoeSixPat said:

They played a couple Lynyrd Skynyrd songs (as you can tell by Doug's hat) and "Mustang Sally". Those are the ones that I can remember right now, if I remember anymore I'll post them.

Pretty cool stuff. I'm sure that made your night!

Yeah, I've met Doug, too, and he was a clown. Flutie showed up an hour late for a charity golf tournament at the course I used to work at. The tournament kept being delayed for his grand arrival, but alas, he never showed on time and it went off without him. When Flutie finally strolled in, a fellow employee had to cart him out to his group on the course[and received no tip].

Flutie only cares when cameras are around.

BradyManny2344 said:
Yeah, I've met Doug, too, and he was a clown. Flutie showed up an hour late for a charity golf tournament at the course I used to work at. The tournament kept being delayed for his grand arrival, but alas, he never showed on time and it went off without him. When Flutie finally strolled in, a fellow employee had to cart him out to his group on the course[and received no tip].

Why would you tip someone driving you in a golf cart to a tee at a charity golf tournament? I tip well and tip some people that probably don't normally get tips...I would never think of even tipping someone giving me a ride in a golf cart...to EXPECT one is probably the low point of that story.

SKYNYRD!!!! Flutie is the man!

Another song I remember is "Change in my pocket" by the Georgia Satellites

BradyManny2344 said:

that tears it! Fluties a jerk:rolleyes:

you know one time i met Tom Brady. What a clown!!!

he had just finished rescuing 19 people from a burning building, and when i said "hows it goin?" he just smiled real quick, and dashed off to give artificial respiration to some dyin' guy. Didnt even stop and ask me how i was or nuthin. Big jerk!

pats-blue said:
Why would you tip someone driving you in a golf cart to a tee at a charity golf tournament? I tip well and tip some people that probably don't normally get tips...I would never think of even tipping someone giving me a ride in a golf cart...to EXPECT one is probably the low point of that story.

Maybe I'm not explaining it right, and not that it matters and I apologize for getting OT, but as someone who used to work at a golf course in his summers, I want to make it clear that people should absolutely tip in this situation. You'd pay a worker at a bag drop at a private course, right? Then why not someone who pulls 15 minutes out of their day to cart your sorry late ass around the golf course to find your foursome? When someone is late and holds up a tournament and you have to stop whatever you're doing to drive them out to the course, random strangers think to give you a tip, and normally do. Wouldn't you think a celebrity would have the extra change to do as well?

I'm an avid golfer and that definitely warrants a tip. But Flutie is still the man.

Man, that is sweet.....

He's always around BC. Playing basketball or working out at the gym, especially.

Amen to that......

BradyManny2344 said:

I've met him on several occasions. A guy I went to high school with was his next door neighbor.....as soon as the close your eyes and heave the ball play occurred.....Flutes became an A-hole.....when the cameras rolled (such as on one occasion when I was at BC for a alumni dinner....and the cameras were rolling.....you saw a whole different Dougie.......all charm....real friendly....guys like Brady aren't like that.....he is the same guy all the time......maybe Doug has mellowed or come back to earth a little.....hopefully......glad you had a good time

stcjones said:
I've met him on several occasions. A guy I went to high school with was his next door neighbor.....as soon as the close your eyes and heave the ball play occurred.....Flutes became an A-hole.....when the cameras rolled (such as on one occasion when I was at BC for a alumni dinner....and the cameras were rolling.....you saw a whole different Dougie.......all charm....real friendly....guys like Brady aren't like that.....he is the same guy all the time......maybe Doug has mellowed or come back to earth a little.....hopefully......glad you had a good time

Well the cameras weren't rolling here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Willie55 said:
Well the cameras weren't rolling here.

willie 55:
the sentence you put like signature made by 'Nfl Films narrator' was dedicated to the Patriots ? if yes in wich case ? thks and sorry for the small OT...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft