PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know Reche Caldwell best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL

Rookie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Let me introduce myself. I am MTL and I am a famous poster from the San Diego boards. I want to begin by saying that you guys are getting one hell of a WR in Reche Caldwell. Although he was plagued by injuries the past few years, when fully healthy Reche showed that he had the skill set of a #1 wide receiver. He dominated his opponents during the first 6 weeks of the 2004 season and had some great moments in 2005. I have no doubt that if he can stay healthy, he and Brady will mesh together extremely well on the field. Reche IMO was given a raw deal here in SD and AJ Smith no doubt had his mind made about geting rid of Reche. Vincent Jackson was his man and I now wish Vincent the best with my Chargers.

Lastly I give my personal recommendation to do whatever it takes to sign Donnie Edwards. Year after year he led the Chargers in tackles and again for the life of me I have no idea what AJ Smith is doing. Some dopie Charger fans even call AJ GAWD. Anyways do yourselves a favor and rent Donnie for a year or two. He will bring leadership to the defense and surely will lead your team in tackles like he did for us.

Well good luck Pats fans and I will be back.

you are just a random first-poster with a pic of RC as your sig? we'll like him/you a lot more if he/you performs on the field... if you are in fact RC, lay it out on the field, and we'll love you... just ask rodney... otherwise, hyping yourself on messageboards makes you look pathetic as a player, and stupid as a fan

Last edited:
PatsWorldChamps said:
you are just a random first-poster with a pic of RC as your sig? we'll like him/you a lot more if he/you performs on the field... if you are in fact RC, lay it out on the field, and we'll love you... just ask rodney.

I said the same about Rodney when he was let go. Believe me I have followed Reche very closely throughout his career and his talent is undeniable. He was in Marty's doghouse for some reason but under Belichick he should thrive. I know you guys are planning on featuring your TE/H-Backs a lot more this season in the passing game, and once teams are centered in on Watson and company expect Reche to do some quiet damage. I should also add that he's a great character guy and an extremely hard worker. You guys will love him :rocker:

Oh and thanks for the warm welcome :bricks:

you are just a random first-poster with a pic of RC as your sig? we'll like him/you a lot more if he/you performs on the field... if you are in fact RC, lay it out on the field, and we'll love you... just ask rodney... otherwise, hyping yourself on messageboards makes you look pathetic as a player, and stupid as a fan

Looks like all the Dolphins trolls made you paranoid lol.

MTL thanks for posting, and was Edwards cut? Is there something I'm missing? I was under the impression we would have to trade for him if we wanted him, (which we probably do, he's a playmaker).

Last edited:
no one thinks it's strange that a guy's first post is about how great a (maybe) future player will be (and he includes a pic of the supposed player, in the new poster's sig)? comm'on... you're all smarter than that

Last edited by a moderator:
mavfan2390 said:
Looks like all the Dolphins trolls made you paranoid lol.

MTL thanks for posting, and was Edwards cut? Is there something I'm missing? I was under the impression we would have to trade for him if we wanted him, (which we probably do, he's a playmaker).

Hey there :rocker:

Donnie wasn't cut but I am under the impression that he may very well be within the next month or so. If he isn't, I have heard that the asking price is a first day draft pick (3rd rounder would probably do). Our GM AJ Smith isn't really enamored of him and with the emergence of our young inside linebackers Matt Wilhelm and Stephen Cooper (as well as our 5th round selection this year in Tim Dobbins) we are not clinging to Donnie for dear life and he is expendable. Nevertheless, he is an awesome coverage linebacker and can shadow tight ends very well. His athelticism allows him to make plays sideline to sideline even at his current age, and he's also a great leader and leaves it all on the field. Too bad AJ Smith doesn't value him, he is a fan favorite and he will be missed when he leaves :mad:

Welcome to the board..Just hope you are correct...Notsure what SD wants for Edwards..we shall see as the TC starts in a bit over 3 weeks...

PatsWorldChamps said:
no one thinks it's strange that a guy's first post is about how great a (maybe) future player will be (and he includes a pic of the supposed player, in the new poster's sig)? comm'on... you're all smarter than that

Why would it be strange for a guy who is a huge fan of Reche Caldwell to have him as his sig pic??? Good God, give him - and us - a break.

Hello from the UK, MTL, and welcome to the board!

I'm sorry, but, if you look around, you'll see that some people are so bored around here that they have to fill out threads by talking smack with Fish trolls. Hence the over-sensitivity.

We had some good visitors from San Diego last season when you guys came to Foxboro (congratulations: your team gave us a real spanking). Oh, and thanks for Rodney!

I'm going to withhold judgement on Reche. We picked up a lot of cast-offs last off-season who didn't work out (Duane Starks, Chad Brown, David Terrell). I think that's all part of the Belichick-Pioli plan: they're bottom feeders when it comes to free agency, for the most part, and they don't expect everyone to work out. It's worth it for the gems like Vrabel and Harrison.

Belichick should also get Jackson. Vincent that is.

I hope Caldwell is as good as you say he is...

Last edited:
PatsWorldChamps said:

He's from another board and this is the only reason he's posting here.

Duh?:bricks:

MTL said:
Hi Guys,
Let me introduce myself. I am MTL and I am a famous poster from the San Diego boards. I want to begin by saying that you guys are getting one hell of a WR in Reche Caldwell. Although he was plagued by injuries the past few years, when fully healthy Reche showed that he had the skill set of a #1 wide receiver. He dominated his opponents during the first 6 weeks of the 2004 season and had some great moments in 2005. I have no doubt that if he can stay healthy, he and Brady will mesh together extremely well on the field. Reche IMO was given a raw deal here in SD and AJ Smith no doubt had his mind made about geting rid of Reche. Vincent Jackson was his man and I now wish Vincent the best with my Chargers.

Lastly I give my personal recommendation to do whatever it takes to sign Donnie Edwards. Year after year he led the Chargers in tackles and again for the life of me I have no idea what AJ Smith is doing. Some dopie Charger fans even call AJ GAWD. Anyways do yourselves a favor and rent Donnie for a year or two. He will bring leadership to the defense and surely will lead your team in tackles like he did for us.

Well good luck Pats fans and I will be back.

Music to my ears. Our WR position is unsettled to say the least. If Reche is solid, though, we're looking pretty decent.

Don't mind the paranoia. We're not used to offseasons this long. (sorry).

And thanks for Rodney. Anything else we ever get from San Diego is gravy.

BTW, some preseason crystal balls are down on SD cause of Rivers. Any thoughts on cutting Drew and Rivers prospects?

Welcome MTL - you should make sure you give a shout out to our own often banned member from here (who also uses an abbreviation for his name) NEM!

He too is often banned without any reason whatsoever

http://forums.bolttalk.net/showthread.php?t=2216

I hope you're right about Caldwell this year by the way... just like I'm sure everyone in SD hoped you'd be right in 2002

and 2003

and 2004

and 2005

Your kindred spirit here, NEM has made a similar prediction for the Pats - that they will have the best receiving squad in football... of course he said we'd have the deepest WR corps last year too

But I guess (and hope) that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then!

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
PatsWorldChamps said:

Funny, trolls are people who post inflammatory remarks on a board just to solicit replies. If anyone is doing that, it's you, not MTL.

smg93 said:
Funny, trolls are people who post inflammatory remarks on a board just to solicit replies. If anyone is doing that, it's you, not MTL.
I know. What'd he do? Comparing him to those moronic Miami trolls doesn't make sense, at least to me.

PatsWorldChamps said:
Yeah you must hate your job or something, give the guy a break. What is your problem?

I love this site, there is great info about the pats and some of the best that i've seen on the internet. Too bad its loaded with some arrogant jerks. If some of you aren't doubting everything that is said by new posters, you are making rude comments.

Last edited:
re

I'm glad you brought up the various stupid moves your GM has made.
For some reason your GM is considered good, but I think he has basically been reaping the benefits of the previous GM, named Butler I believe, who traded #1 (Vick) for Tomlinson and drafted Brees in the same year, but died shortly afterwards.

Since then your team lost Rodney, Edwards, wasted a pick on Philip Rivers, and let Drew Brees go without getting anything back.

No offense to you since you seem like an avid Chargers fan, but I think the Chargers will tread water for a few years or decline until your management is finally replaced.

maverick4 said:
I'm glad you brought up the various stupid moves your GM has made.
For some reason your GM is considered good, but I think he has basically been reaping the benefits of the previous GM, named Butler I believe, who traded #1 (Vick) for Tomlinson and drafted Brees in the same year, but died shortly afterwards.

Since then your team lost Rodney, Edwards, wasted a pick on Philip Rivers, and let Drew Brees go without getting anything back.

No offense to you since you seem like an avid Chargers fan, but I think the Chargers will tread water for a few years or decline until your management is finally replaced.

Unless Rivers is a terrible QB i dont see how the chargers will tread water or decline. THey will be one of the better teams. They have a good offense and a good defense.

Oh and welcome MTL.

Last edited:
PatsWorldChamps said:

No, it's not strange. I don't get what your problem is with this guy. Even though there may be the Colts/Steelers trolls of the world, there are some classy fans out there who will give you a little heads-up on an offseason pickup - for the better or worse.

And I don't see where you get this poster is actually Reche. The only case I'd actually give a shred of credibility to such a notion is if we're talking about some 1-AA training camp tryout. He's a legit NFL receiver, and most fans should be as familar with his name as a Josh Reed or Doug Gabriel.

WOW! ok...I know Reche best cause i used to hang out with him at UF... and i'm sorry to say he will probably follow in the footsteps of most UF receivers and QB's... not very far. Great guy though!

And about Donnie...He's the worst LB on your team at stopping people at the line...statistically he ranked dead last compared to your other LB's...sorry he's a good guy, but not worth the cash.

Ohh...and AJ is a douche!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes