PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I know another Branch thread, but the one thing that upsets me about Branch is.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
not that he has caught his last pass from Brady, or has played his last game as a Patriot... Its that we could have given David Givens his contract and he could have been here... Imagine, Givens ,Gabrial, Jackson, Brown, Caldwell, we would have a nice reciever core.. Then again pundits would say, if Givens signed, we would have not drafted Jackson, signed Caldwell, or traded for Gabriel... But this is what makes the Branch situation the most frustrating, Givens, who was more productive than Branch could have been here still..

Re: I know another Branch thread, but the one thing that upsets me about Branch is...

Sean Pa Patriot said:
not that he has caught his last pass from Brady, or has played his last game as a Patriot... Its that we could have given David Givens his contract and he could have been here... Imagine, Givens ,Gabrial, Jackson, Brown, Caldwell, we would have a nice reciever core.. Then again pundits would say, if Givens signed, we would have not drafted Jackson, signed Caldwell, or traded for Gabriel... But this is what makes the Branch situation the most frustrating, Givens, who was more productive than Branch could have been here still..
I know but it didnt happen. Please no more Branch threads. :(

No...no way Belichick would have paid #2 money for a #3/#4 talent receiver.

Givens could have been had 4 yrs 24 mill

Sean Pa Patriot said:

As we move through the year I think we will find that Gabriel & Jackson will stack up very well in comparison to the kind of production we were getting from Givens & Branch.
Don't look now but our #1 and #2 are bigger and faster than they were a year ago.
As a group, I am also going to predict better overall production that last year. Mark my words.

Height wise we have improved, but that does not mean percise route running, or catching the damn ball..

Re: I know another Branch thread, but the one thing that upsets me about Branch is...

As others have said, we wouldn't have overpaid Givens regardless of the status with the other WR.

You started two threads about Branch in one night? That's excessive lol

I'm watching last year's game vs. the Bucs, and just seeing Branch on the field has me feeling conflicted. He's SUCH a good little player, PERFECT for this system. I still hold out the fleeting hope of the impossible. That somehow - Brady? Kraft? - we can find a way to bring Deion back into the fold.

An offense of Brady, Dillon, Maroney, Faulk, Watson, Graham, Thomas, Mills, Jackson, Branch, Gabriel??? YIKES. This really blows.

patsox23 said:
I'm watching last year's game vs. the Bucs, and just seeing Branch on the field has me feeling conflicted. He's SUCH a good little player, PERFECT for this system. I still hold out the fleeting hope of the impossible. That somehow - Brady? Kraft? - we can find a way to bring Deion back into the fold.
It's actually very possible.

Our 5 year offer seems to be about right compared to other teams. Cancel the fines, pay him a $1M bonus, toss in $2M of reasonable, but not automatic, incentives and over 6 years he's within a couple $M and both sides can hold their heads high.

That said, I'm not sure he's a $6M player.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
Givens could have been had 4 yrs 24 mill

Givens was had for 5 years $24M and even that was a significant overpay. We offered to roughly match the offer he first got from Houston or 5 years $18.5M although our offer may have been a little more incentive structured.

You really need to stop with individual thought threads on Deion. It's going to be a long week or 10...

Sean Pa Patriot said:

I agree with this post and the damage of Branch's conduct has not really been explored. He is currently under contract through the 2006 season and the FO made personnel decisions based on that fact. He has really been selfish in a Brett Favre kind of way. He is officially a tumor in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News