Welcome to PatsFans.com

I know another Branch thread, but the one thing that upsets me about Branch is.....

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

not that he has caught his last pass from Brady, or has played his last game as a Patriot... Its that we could have given David Givens his contract and he could have been here... Imagine, Givens ,Gabrial, Jackson, Brown, Caldwell, we would have a nice reciever core.. Then again pundits would say, if Givens signed, we would have not drafted Jackson, signed Caldwell, or traded for Gabriel... But this is what makes the Branch situation the most frustrating, Givens, who was more productive than Branch could have been here still..

2. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +138 / 8 / -7

Re: I know another Branch thread, but the one thing that upsets me about Branch is...

I know but it didnt happen. Please no more Branch threads. :(

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,967 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

No...no way Belichick would have paid #2 money for a #3/#4 talent receiver.

4. Sean Pa Patriot

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Givens could have been had 4 yrs 24 mill

5. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

As we move through the year I think we will find that Gabriel & Jackson will stack up very well in comparison to the kind of production we were getting from Givens & Branch.
    Don't look now but our #1 and #2 are bigger and faster than they were a year ago.
    As a group, I am also going to predict better overall production that last year. Mark my words.

6. Sean Pa Patriot

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Height wise we have improved, but that does not mean percise route running, or catching the damn ball..

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

Re: I know another Branch thread, but the one thing that upsets me about Branch is...

As others have said, we wouldn't have overpaid Givens regardless of the status with the other WR.

8. edgecy

edgecy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You started two threads about Branch in one night? That's excessive lol

9. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

I'm watching last year's game vs. the Bucs, and just seeing Branch on the field has me feeling conflicted. He's SUCH a good little player, PERFECT for this system. I still hold out the fleeting hope of the impossible. That somehow - Brady? Kraft? - we can find a way to bring Deion back into the fold.

An offense of Brady, Dillon, Maroney, Faulk, Watson, Graham, Thomas, Mills, Jackson, Branch, Gabriel??? YIKES. This really blows.

10. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

It's actually very possible.

Our 5 year offer seems to be about right compared to other teams. Cancel the fines, pay him a $1M bonus, toss in $2M of reasonable, but not automatic, incentives and over 6 years he's within a couple $M and both sides can hold their heads high.

That said, I'm not sure he's a $6M player.

11. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Givens was had for 5 years $24M and even that was a significant overpay. We offered to roughly match the offer he first got from Houston or 5 years $18.5M although our offer may have been a little more incentive structured.

You really need to stop with individual thought threads on Deion. It's going to be a long week or 10...

12. MDPATSFAN

MDPATSFAN On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree with this post and the damage of Branch's conduct has not really been explored. He is currently under contract through the 2006 season and the FO made personnel decisions based on that fact. He has really been selfish in a Brett Favre kind of way. He is officially a tumor in my book.