Not open for further replies.
You're right, let me correct that.

"Toothless, inbred steel workers and coal miners? Go figure."

-We kid 'em because we love 'em.

Last edited:
You're right, let me correct that.

"Toothless, inbred steel workers and coal miners? Go figure."

-We kid 'em because we love 'em.

I am surrounded by Ravens fans. Hardcore fans, casual fans - they all wear purple on their sleeve. They never mention cheating, or call Tom Brady a girl, or any of that stuff. You know why? They're medical researchers. Thats why. They are intelligent and analytical. They know an excuse when they hear one.

Behavior following sports is a reflection of one's behaviors in life.

I am surrounded by Ravens fans. Hardcore fans, casual fans - they all wear purple on their sleeve. They never mention cheating, or call Tom Brady a girl, or any of that stuff. You know why? They're medical researchers. Thats why. They are intelligent and analytical. They know an excuse when they hear one.

Behavior following sports is a reflection of one's behaviors in life.

You know, to this day, it amazes me how a defensive signal made IN FRONT OF 70,000 people and a televised audience, without ANY form of secrecy of hiding of the hands is somehow seen as "stolen" in any way, shape or form.

I've said previously that, although you can't generalize fan bases, the Steelers are an exception.

What's most idiotic to me is that they fail to actually acknowledge what happened in the games. Now, supposing that the Patriots were stealing their signals, virtually everyone agrees it would have given the offense an advantage, since only the Steelers defensive signals could have been picked off. In the 2001 AFCCG, the Patriots did not even move the ball very well against that D. They won on a special teams TD and a stinker from Kordell Stewart. They scored 41 points in 2004, but once again it was the defense that carried them. The Steelers had barely squeaked by the previous week against the Jets. They were lucky to begin with to get there, as Doug Brien missed two field goals at the end of regulation....

The Steelers performance against the Jets in the 2004 divisional game is something that consistently gets ignored by those who beat the spygate drum.

The Jets had to play in San Diego the week before the had to got Pittsburgh, while the Steelers had a bye. A good team, or at least a team that was playing well, would have convincingly beat the Jets. Instead, they had to depend on the NYJ kicker missing 2 game winning FGs.

The Patriots were a better team than the Jets that year. If the Jets pushed Pittsburgh to the brink, then it's no surprise that the Patriots would give the Steelers much more trouble.

But I guess it's easier for some people to imagine that the Steelers were an unstoppable juggernaut at that point and could only be defeated by underhanded tactics than acknowledge that the team had peaked weeks earlier and was playing flat.

I don't see Steeler fans complaining about the AFCC win when Kordell Stewart ran out of bounds and then came back in bounds to catch the "winning T.D".

And let's not even get started about Super Bowl Xtra Lame

thegimmie.gif

Bradshaw-era Steelers were roided up. Glass houses and all that.

So people do have the right to question it..

I just wish we can win one now so there can be no question of its validity...

2 minutes away from 18-0 and they lost because they couldn't tape a pregame walk through? Yeah they haven't proved anything. :rolleyes:

Trust me, I currently am employmentally obligated to this city for the time being and I swear to God, you'll never find a group of fans who complains more about the crux being "out to get them".

This is the same idiotic fanbase who screamed foul when the Colts and Bengals rested starters against the Jets (or laid down as Steeler fans put it) last year, which ultimately (in their minds anyhow) cost them the chance at a playoff. Nevermind the fact that over a six week stretch, the Steelers were losing to some of the worst teams in the NFL and frankly would have been pushed by a Pop Warner team.. In their mind, that was irrelevent because "the league is out to get them".

This is the same fanbase who claimed that the league should levy a million dollar fine against the teams who "laid down" in the final weeks of the regular season (again, nevermind the fact that their precious Steelers have done the SAME THING in the same circumstance) and suggested the league change the draft to where the last three teams to miss out on playoff spots get the first three picks in the draft. I wish I was making this crap up, those would be some incredible hallucinations if I hadn't heard the jibberish suggested with my own two ears.

The Steelers are picture perfect? Ok.. Just ask your poster boy QB who has been given not one but TWO "Get Out Of Jail Free" cards, your "Super Bowl Game Winning MVP" from the year before (who was out of bounds if you really want to be technical) got busted for throwing alcohol in a woman at a bar's face and smashing glass over her after a tiff. Yeah, they traded him.. After four incidents, none of which were isolated.

Want me to get started on James Harrison? Or the gang of thugs that played for the Steelers in the 70s?

Oh and you want to hang on Spygate? How about hanging on the fact that you were GIFT WRAPPED your last two Super Bowls by the refs?

But hey Steeler Nation.. We won't go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye