PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I can't help it - I'm getting excited about Malcolm Butler

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Everything we're reading in camp just sounds so perfect for a guy who has already firmly entrenched himself in sports history and the New England pantheon of sports heroes.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 1m1 minute ago
Scene setter: CB Malcolm Butler broke up a Tom Brady long bomb down right sideline, w/ impressive timed leap & swat-away. Crowd cheers.

It's hard to not start fantasizing about him becoming a solid overall player for us.

He competes on every down. There's no let up. His play has gotten to the point where I want to watch him against Arron Rogers all be it for one or two series.

Thanks for providing a silver lining amidst the clouds surrounding the World Champs and GOAT.

It's hard to be enthused about football right now, but stories like a UDFA from a small school replacing a HOF corner without missing a beat is one of those things that keeps me coming back.

Thinking about this some more...it is weird that we haven't had more success developing defensive backs given that they have to practice against the GOAT all the time. Things that make you go "hmm".

Thinking about this some more...it is weird that we haven't had more success developing defensive backs given that they have to practice against the GOAT all the time. Things that make you go "hmm".
He destroys their confidence. :D

Its like when the Bulls drafted players in the 80s and 90s. "Oh....I'm guarding that #23 guy with the tongue hanging out?..

In all seriousness the team has downright not been good drafting or developing CBs.

Seeing that Malcolm was a UFA he'll work out fine...

Can't wait for all the trolls, chicken littles and contrarians to says how much he sucks if he gives up a few catches to Antonio Brown opening night.
Thats the thing...he will get burnt this year more than once. The dude hasn't started an NFL game yet. The key is how he responds.

Clearly BB saw something Day 1 when he showed up.

Last edited:
Mods, please flag this as a non-Defamegate post and remove it from the forum forever.
I'm just so sick of reading legal opinions, seeing how owners made their money, etc. I feel like I'm working for chrissakes.

I started a Nate Solder thread just to get my mind off it....

Getting???

I've been excited about Malcolm since he made the greatest play in franchise history. Welcome aboard.

My wife and I are going down to NYC this weekend. Should I wear my patriots Super Bowl T-shirt?

My wardrobe is equal parts Patriots gear and nerd gear. Yes, I'm a huge hit with the ladies.

Without hyperbole, almost every day that I wear Pats gear out here near the Bay I get ****. National anti-Pats sentiment seems pretty high, at least based on my personal experience. So if you wear that expect comments ranging from good-natured mocking to open hostility. Last week waiting to cross the street a truck full of Raider fans tried picking a fight with me.

So, just be ready for a day full of assholes who feel entitled to try to make your day worse if you do.

Getting???

I've been excited about Malcolm since he made the greatest play in franchise history. Welcome aboard.

Eh, I try to rein in my expectations about young players. I call it the Devin Wyman effect.

Malcom Butler should get the Brady treatment during preseason games a series or two. Save him for the real season BB. If he's half as good as Revis this Teams goes back to the SB what a find.

Don't get too excited ... you won't be able to compete on naked and afraid.

Thats the thing...he will get burnt this year more than once. The dude hasn't started an NFL game yet. The key is how he responds.

I'm pretty sure he started against Miami in December.... and got burnt so bad by Wallace that he was benched by halftime. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST