PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I can see right through you, Indianapolis Colts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodey

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
"If Deflategate never happened, the Colts (as well as the fans and Indy media) would have had to just wear the fact that their team was blown out yet again by the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game. They’ve essentially been able to hide behind this entire story, which has been handy when you consider how little general manager Ryan Grigson did to fill the Colts’ gaping holes in the offseason. It also takes the talk away from the fact that the Colts have lost their last six games against the Patriots — by an average of 21 points."

http://nesn.com/2015/10/what-if-def...triots-colts-rematch-should-be-final-chapter/

Would a team that places a "Finalist" banner do something like this? It's consistent. And it shows what they really think of their fans, as well. :oops:

I don't care how much the Patriots win by, but if the game is still in doubt in the 4th qtr., I will be majorly disappointed. Winning any game in the NFL is hard, but I need to see the Patriots up by 14 in the 4th qtr.

I don't care how much the Patriots win by, but if the game is still in doubt in the 4th qtr., I will be majorly disappointed. Winning any game in the NFL is hard, but I need to see the Patriots up by 14 in the 4th qtr.

I am hoping they score on every single drive...not too far-fetched, given how well they executed against JAX. And as far as "running the score goes," never mind that stuff- just execute. Otherwise, the team will surely develop bad habits. (It's a horrible way to lose by sitting back and having a lesser team take advantage of that stance.) Play 60. Score as often as you can. And remember: this (Colts) team is a team that will lose intentionally- the opposite of running the score -for draft picks.

Maybe a close game is just what these two teams need. It might start becoming an actual rivalry, rather than a one-sided affair.

Besides, I think Pats fans are suffering from "blowout fever" and need to cool down their expectations just a bit.

**** that noise.

belichickevil.jpg

I am hoping they score on every single drive...not too far-fetched, given how well they executed against JAX. And as far as "running the score goes," never mind that stuff- just execute. Otherwise, the team will surely develop bad habits. (It's a horrible way to lose by sitting back and having a lesser team take advantage of that stance.) Play 60. Score as often as you can. And remember: this (Colts) team is a team that will lose intentionally- the opposite of running the score -for draft picks.

And that's exactly the kind of mentality Belichick wants out of his team. Prepare. Execute. Play until the clock runs out.

It might appear to us as running up the score....but for the Pats, it's simply a matter of playing a full 60 minutes. Even the 07' alumni will tell you that.

Indy utilized a Bill Clinton technique that served the scandal prone President well. During moments of great political pressure....ie....Whitewater, Monica, etc........deflection is a tremendous tool. Lob missiles into an empty desert and yell TERRORIST and the media will forget domestic issues instantly. Indy needed to deflect away from another blowout at the hands of NE.....so why not lob/manufacture a contrived controversy and enlist the most willing accomplice....aka......the NFL League Office backed by the Full 31.

BB.....PLEEEEEEEASE crush Indy........I beg you.....no mercy

Maybe a close game is just what these two teams need. It might start becoming an actual rivalry, rather than a one-sided affair.

Besides, I think Pats fans are suffering from "blowout fever" and need to cool down their expectations just a bit.

We either need to put up 60 points or to completely shut them out. At least one of these things needs to happen.

Snitches get stitches.

I don't want the colts to be an actual rival. They're trash and not worthy of that distinction, and I want it to stay that way.

I don't want the colts to be an actual rival. They're trash and not worthy of that distinction, and I want it to stay that way.

Ethically, are they worthy of being our rival? No, but neither are the Ravens, and that hasn't kept them from winning against us in the past.

Not this game. Any game but this. This is the time to bring Armageddon.

I want the Pats to humiliate Indy as much as anyone (see my posts) but I want an efficient, mistake-free game by the Pats more than anything else. I'll relish whatever outcome that leads to

Last edited:
Indy utilized a Bill Clinton technique that served the scandal prone President well. During moments of great political pressure....ie....Whitewater, Monica, etc........deflection is a tremendous tool. Lob missiles into an empty desert and yell TERRORIST and the media will forget domestic issues instantly. Indy needed to deflect away from another blowout at the hands of NE.....so why not lob/manufacture a contrived controversy and enlist the most willing accomplice....aka......the NFL League Office backed by the Full 31.

BB.....PLEEEEEEEASE crush Indy........I beg you.....no mercy

johnny ended up losing the match to daniel-san. maybe we shouldn't sweep the leg.... o_O

End of game presser: "Tom, you were up by 42 at the start of the 4th quarter, yet you stayed in the game and seemed to attack with the offense just as aggressively. Then, after the next score, you made and recovered an onside kick, then scored again through the air. Why the aggressive play at that point?"

Brady: "Once we were up by 42, we started preparing for the Jets. That was extended practice at that point."

perhaps, but not THIS week!

The thing about these AFC Finalists is they are always so ****y (to mask their inferiority.) Give a team a little bittersweet success (actually, failure) and look what kind of egos you get from it. Just because they participated in that game, they think they are now unbeatable (in terms of another team participating and getting blown out in their place.) It's just amazing how some of these teams change so much; they used to be humble and respectful. This is what major moral victories do to teams. They are so arrogant (in a very insecure way).

Ethically, are they worthy of being our rival? No, but neither are the Ravens, and that hasn't kept them from winning against us in the past.

I want the Pats to humiliate Indy as much as anyone (see my posts) but I want an efficient, mistake-free game by the Pats more than anything else. I'll relish whatever outcome that leads to

Ravens earned it on the field. So did the Jets, at one point. The Colts haven't, and I don't particularly want that to change. **** em, I see no reason why I should hope that they don't continue to suck. They haven't earned the right to be considered the Pats' rivals, and I would be happy if it stayed that way.

The thing about these AFC Finalists is they are always so ****y (to mask their inferiority.) Give a team a little bittersweet success (actually, failure) and look what kind of egos you get from it. Just because they participated in that game, they think they are now unbeatable (in terms of another team participating and getting blown out in their place.) It's just amazing how some of these teams change so much; they used to be humble and respectful. This is what major moral victories do to teams. They are so arrogant (in a very insecure way).

I almost forgot they were AFC Finalists, but then I remembered they have the ONLY banner for that kind of appearance. This ought to really spook expansion teams making their first visit to Indy. :eek:

Has anyone noticed how much they changed, once Manning was pushed out of town and they began playing to lose (i.e. in order to acquire the #1 pick and replace Manning)? And let us all be reminded of what a fiasco it would have been had they not finished last and acquired that pick/replacement. So they made darn sure to get it. They became losers (and cheaters). And they celebrated as though they won something that year. What? No banner? :oops:

However, the sentiments were quite clear: Soon the league and its fan-base would forget these acts and they would be winning championships galore. This was well worth the risk(s), to the accusers in Indy, who are always looking to deflect their shame. And wouldn't it be ideal to make it stick on the winners? Then they could ride their coattails; be deemed winners by association. Of course, when the scores are not close, this is not very believable. So, they move to explain their margins of defeat.

Now, the Colts management has switched strategies. They moved it off the field to cover themselves and keep their fan-base interested...and paying. And to cover their collective a**es, they pinned it on the winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST