PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do you want to proceed? OLB and DL or two OLB's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I think I've settled on a good second day for the Pats.

DE Linval Joseph
TE Rob Gronkowski
OLB Daryl Washington

Bonus Points: WR Golden Tate (Might take a trade of 4th rd. and future pick or player).

Clearly there has to be some slippage for this to pan out, but that'd be pretty slick. A lower OLB pick-up could be Eric Norwood.

first you need to decide if you are running a 4-3 or 3-4. 3-4 we need a DE and OLB, 4-3 we just need a DE. IMO, we will select a DE who played there in college, but who BB thinks can be versatile enough to play OLB

I'd like to see an RB, DE and OLB in the 2nd. Lot's of WR's as we flutter on down, imo. They seem like a crap-shoot for this team anyway.
QUOTE]

Stole the words from my mouth.

Me too. If no rb we like is still around, I'd like an OT.
Another hidden gem like Vollmer would be nice.

Last edited:
In an ideal world, if you're assuming 3 picks in the round:

DE
OLB
either ILB or OLB

That would give the team the rest of the draft to focus on OG, TE, WR etc...

Also, I have no interest in the team drafting a RB in any round.

I think DE and OLB are interchangeable in the #1 and #2, but I agree with everything else.

I'd like DE and OLB

Imo no point getting one without the other

Obviously Belichick will take best value, BPA, but with all else being equal my preference is for an OLB and a DE in the 2nd round.

Beyond that BPA that is a TE/WR/G/C/ILB/OLB/RB. Then one more from that same group with each of the picks in the 3rd and 4th round.

Maybe the Pats can put some deals together with some of the 6ths and 7ths to move up to at least the 5th round too. If not, then trade one or two of them to move up a round in 2011. There's several teams that don't have a lot of picks in this draft that might be open to either a 2-for-1 (or 3-for-1) deal, or a 2010-for-2011 swap.

Edit: Whiza makes a good point on determining if the primary formation will be a 3-4 or 4-3 before looking at certain positions; specifically OLB and DE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents