PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

how disappointed will you be if Moss/Pats trade doesn't happen [Oct. '06 thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: how disappointed will you be if Moss/Pats trade doesn't happen

MoLewisrocks said:
Don't you feel a little stupid about pining for that turd in hindsight? I had him pegged for a loser from day 1, tore a team and a fan base apart over what turned out to be the best trade Theo never made. Great analogy here for the Patriots. Stay the course.

May have been the best trade never made, but truth to be told, I"d still take him on the Sox over what they have. I wouldn't say Theo "didnt' make the deal" as much as the bumbling Sox ownership screwed it up. I have no faith in the overrated Theo and the clowns on Yawkey Way.

From the onset I haven't believed that Al Davis would trade Moss and, in doing so, admit to his fans that he's failed horribly as the teams owner, so I'd only be mildly disappointed if no trade is consumated.

brdmaverick said:
I feel like we are all on the edge of our seats right now just waiting for the big news to arrive. While in our minds we tell ourselves that it won't happen, we still wish it to happen. I know I will be greatly disappointed if this trade doesn't occur. I'm already picturing Moss catching 60 yard bombs from Brady.

what if the trade deadline just comes and goes with no trades at all?

That would be a major letdown

I won't be disappointed at all as I never thought it was going to happen. Why would we trade for Moss when we've recently acquired Gabriel & Gafney & and trying to get Chad Jackson up to speed? Makes no sense. Forget about all the talking heads and look at what the team is actually doing.

brdmaverick said:
I feel like we are all on the edge of our seats right now just waiting for the big news to arrive. While in our minds we tell ourselves that it won't happen, we still wish it to happen. I know I will be greatly disappointed if this trade doesn't occur. I'm already picturing Moss catching 60 yard bombs from Brady.

what if the trade deadline just comes and goes with no trades at all?

That would be a major letdown

first off, tom brady isnt a gunslinger...so he wont bomb a lot.....

art shell said himself that he's not interested in dealing porter or moss

why would the pats sign gaffney, if they' were looking to trade for moss??

moss trade 95% wont happen.....

I won't be disappointed because I didn't think it would happen to begin with.

My assessment of the Moss situation:

I DON'T CARE!

God I hate hype.

I've broken my bongos out of storage to join Shmessy, T-shirt, and a host of others in celebration of team chemistry - even if it's an Elvis tune.

I wont be because it wasnt something that would happen. Seeing Moss in a Patriots uniform would be wrong.

If nothing happens, then SO BE IT!

If a trade happens, then GREAT!

...Keep in mind I'm a resident of HOMERVILLE!

If they trade for him, it's a GOOD DECISION.

If they don't trade for him, it's a GOOD DECISION.

Can we finally put this to rest? I would have wanted Porter for a 3rd anyway, not Moss and his 10M salary for a 1st. Looks like Davis really wanted to screw over Porter though. He's not gonna move him just to make him know who's boss even though he's rotting on that Oakland bench.

...not a bit!

Jacky Roberts said:
May have been the best trade never made, but truth to be told, I"d still take him on the Sox over what they have. I wouldn't say Theo "didnt' make the deal" as much as the bumbling Sox ownership screwed it up. I have no faith in the overrated Theo and the clowns on Yawkey Way.

Amen. The Dead Sux are a joke and a disgrace, from the FO to their "captain".

We got Gabriel for a 5th ...

so i figure Belichick offered them a 4th for Moss and their 5th.

Meaning Belichick would have received Gabriel/Moss and a high 5th...higher than ours for a low 4th and low 5th.

Oakland said no and the talks were over.

Belichick doesn't trade unless he gets in golf terms 2-3 shots a side. :rofl:

ironwasp said:
Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Wasn't this poem used in "Four Weddings and a Funeral", during the gay Scotsman's funeral? Though I believe this was written by a woman. I think.

I am just now getting over my drinking binge. 2 bottles of Jack Daniels and a quart of Vodka to drown my sorrows for not getting one of these two fine upstanding gentlemen. Whatever will I do? Fiction.

I think we will be ok with what we got. I'm really hoping CJ and Gabriel are lights out from here on out. They can only be better and improve in this offense so I think Moss will be an afterthought if everything goes the way we hoped.

Wasn't this poem used in "Four Weddings and a Funeral", during the gay Scotsman's funeral? Though I believe this was written by a woman. I think.

Yes and no. It was used in Four Weddings, but was written by W H Auden, the English poet, who was a gay man (and I never thought we'd be discussing English poetry in a thread about Moss).

Back on topic, I'm a little disappointed, but never really thought it would happen, especially with Porter suspended for the next month.

Last edited:

waspie (UK) said:
Yes and no. It was used in Four Weddings, but was written by W H Auden, the English poet, who was a gay man (and I never thought we'd be discussing English poetry in a thread about Moss).

Back on topic, I'm a little disappointed, but never really thought it would happen, especially with Porter suspended for the next month.

I'm with you Waspie. Not for one moment did I believe in my head that the Pats would make this trade - it was just too big a leap from the normal modus operandi - but it was fun to think about it for a while. (Like the unlikely looking rumour of Mathew Tait to Wasps running elsewhere today).

It does get you around to thinking about what might be in the pipeline for post-season developments though. The Pats still seem to have a massive amount of money to play with.

better late than never right?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Only if we knew...

I don't know. Not sure Randy was ready to be a Patriot in 2006. Sometimes you gotta hit rock bottom to truly turn your life around. On a prove it deal for a 4th round pick on a team with a healthy Rodney in the house and a Stallworth and Welker with a little seasoned Gaffney thrown in, and after he cried pahleeeese get me outta there coach - then he was ready to be a Patriot and we were ready for him to be one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft