PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How did Haynesworth do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked his post-game presser. He talked quietly and kind of in disbelief. They asked him what he thought of Tom Brady's night, and he said, "Man, I am glad I wasn't on the other team." When they asked him how he felt having Tom Brady as a teammate, he said he got a little nervous when they (Miami) tied the game at 14 because when he played in Tennessee they couldn't let the other team score more than 16, 17 points. But Brady just went out there and went right down the field for another TD, and then he kept doing it.

Welcome to NE, Albert.

Was I dreaming or did I see Haynesworth open hand slap a downed Dolphins lineman in the head? Anyone else catch that?

He was definatly OK. I would say, given my expectations even a little more than what I hoped for. He cant get a sack every game but this is the first game and he still wreaked some chaos at times.

I think though they did some kind of drawplay on him early on right ? Carter had the same at one time so nothing big there. Still good performance, not his best game but he´s going in the right direction, improving, working hard every day.

Last edited:
Was I dreaming or did I see Haynesworth open hand slap a downed Dolphins lineman in the head? Anyone else catch that?

It was well deserved as Incog-scumbag was busy trying to twist his leg off at the time. And it was more of a push than a slap.

And ESPN's "analysis" was pitiful. Ignoring the penalties he drew (and there could have been more), he commanded attention whenever he was out there.

Based on just looking at the stats (only 2 tackles, no hits - which is crap, I remember seeing him hit Henne, although it might have been on one of the holding calls which negated the hit?), you could say that Wilfork was even more invisible. Besides that sack (which he received half of), he only had 1 assisted tackle.

I was pleasingly pleasantly surprised. Played well and didn't look too gassed...played a lot of plays too.

He had a mixed night. Some dominant plays. Some times didn't really do much. He has shown at times he is unblockable and is a brick wall when a RB runs at him (granted Reggie Bush isn't a power back), but he didn't do much in stretches.

Hopefully, he will improve. If we get more of the stuff when he was dominant, he will definitely provide a lot of inside pressure.

If this is what he looks like on a "mixed night" then I can't wait to see him a good night. He was pretty dam good if Igconito doesn't hold him twice and he has 2 sacks the national media and the people on this site who thought he played OK would be raving about him.

He played better then the stats show. He presence was "invisibly felt", meaning that it won't show up in highlight reels. They include.

1. Three holding calls. Incognito couldn't handle him. The 2 that were accepted killed the Dolphins drives. This can't be underestimated.
  2. Didn't get any sacks or hits, but his fairly constant presence in the backfield was unnerving for Henne and forced a few duck throws that were off target. Again, not directly attributable, but it's there.
  3. Big Al and Vince up front certainly affected the play choice on 4th down. They went with a lower percentage pass play instead of run. they just weren't confident in the ability to gain a yard against they guys.
  4. He was definitely a force in the run game. He was a wall out there forcing Bush left or right around him on just about every play. Miami had a very tough time moving him, even when he was doubled.

He'll only get better, but there is no doubt he changes our defense when he's out there.

Outstanding Post

It's actually tough to say.....

you'd think that when they're not getting penetration that it looks like he's taking play off, but I saw both him and wilfork playing 2 gaps at times even though they were in a 4-3......

I think the DT's did pretty well last night.....wilfork almost killed henne and haynesworth almost killed bush

That Dolphins player fell on Haynesworths leg and was buckling his knee.

Stuff like that can end a players season, so Haynesworth was justified in smacking his head.

Plus you gotta like having that kind of nastiness on our defense. We'll need it when we play teams like the Jets and Ravens.

He caused 2 holding calls on Miami and clogged the middle besides the first drive..great play by him

There's not stat for this that I know of, but I believe he drew 3 holding calls on Richie Incognito, of which two were accepted. Not quite as good as a sack (no loss of down), but the 10-yard markoff is very useful.

Those drives also ended in 0 points for the Dolphins. So yes, very useful.

Was wondering how long it would take for someone to claim that player X has "poor body language".

Haynesworth was mostly excellent. People need to understand that being disruptive is what he does best, not necessarily making tackles or sacks. I believe he only had 40 tackles and 6 sacks when he was DPOY.

Yep. Watching the game the first time around, I noticed he was consistently the first one across the line. That twitch can't be taught and I really didn't notice a time on the field when he started slowing down. He's almost as much of a handful as Wilfork strength-wise... and that much harder to block if he's halfway past the G by the time the ball's in the QB's hands. That's where the holding calls come in. You could say that each of those holding calls could have easily resulted in a sack.

He and Vince will find a lot of mismatches this year, but just like the OL, the DT's stats don't reflect their impact as much as other positions.

Last edited:
Did not see him much was focused on Tom Great Game!!

I saw AH dominate 1on1 blocking match ups.
Including collapsing Jake Long and Pouncey.

He attacked both and knocked them 3 yards backyards upon first impact.
Pouncey is a rookie, but his twin made the pro bowl as a rookie, and Jake Long is an all pro and he man handled both on a few occasions.

Once he gets into shape it will be even better.
I think you're going to see quarterbacks get sacked with their guards and centers falling on top of them.

He played better then the stats show. He presence was "invisibly felt", meaning that it won't show up in highlight reels. They include.

1. Three holding calls. Incognito couldn't handle him. The 2 that were accepted killed the Dolphins drives. This can't be underestimated.
  2. Didn't get any sacks or hits, but his fairly constant presence in the backfield was unnerving for Henne and forced a few duck throws that were off target. Again, not directly attributable, but it's there.
  3. Big Al and Vince up front certainly affected the play choice on 4th down. They went with a lower percentage pass play instead of run. they just weren't confident in the ability to gain a yard against they guys.
  4. He was definitely a force in the run game. He was a wall out there forcing Bush left or right around him on just about every play. Miami had a very tough time moving him, even when he was doubled.

He'll only get better, but there is no doubt he changes our defense when he's out there.

Miami was 2 for 13 on 3rd down last night. Case closed. The Patriots were the worst in the league on 3rd down in 2010 and if they get stops 85% of the time for the season they're #1. The holding penalties on Icognito were costly as well for the Dolphins - the equivalent of sack yardage.

Here's hoping Fat Albert had a great time last night. I can't recall any butt whupping quite like that being dished out by the Redskins while he was there. Here's hoping he straightens up and flies right.

Saw the fiery in him when he slap one of the OL helmet for twisting his leg, then saw him smiling and high five Brady on that 99 yard TD.

I also liked his one-armed tackle on Bush while being blocked.

There was also that one TD that Henne threw somewhere in the vicinity of the red zone but just as he released it, Albert was tackling him. AH had simply bull rushed his blocker right up to Henne and released the blocker to tackle Henne but it was too late...great play by AH but hat's off to Henne for making the throw with that kind of pressure.
No doubt...Albert is going to be a BEAST for this team.:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes