Votes: 54 30.5%
  • 65 - 80% Chance Pats Win

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • 80%+ Chance Pats Win

Votes: 41 23.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how you joined last week just prior to the Superbowl...you are pretty intuitive to assume that the reply attached to your post calling you a "newbie" is meant for you. Impressive. My initial feeling is that you are a troll. Please enlighten us ?as to which Superbowl win was your favorite and why
Huh, you got me there... just a second... need to find info on NE SB history... don`t hang up...
49 slightly over 36, because of that wild finish and the fact it was come-from-behind win, facing an impossible odds against LOB. And the fact I wanted to destroy my TV set after Brady 3rd quarter INT.
"Least" favorite 39, I expected us to smash the Eagles and in the end we let them have one last shot to tie/win the game.

Been "lurking" for quite some time, decided to sign up to chat a bit about the big game, for starters. Maybe I made a mistake, dunno...

Andy, how are you failing to grasp this? I'm talking about the dbs. Alford, Collins, poole, neal, and allen. They have been really good.

Brady has played and beaten better secondaries than Atlanta's. he already faced denver's no fly zone this year and beat the legion of boom in the SB. Not to mention houston just a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Huh, you got me there... just a second... need to find info on NE SB history... don`t hang up...
49 slightly over 36, because of that wild finish and the fact it was come-from-behind win, facing an impossible odds against LOB. And the fact I wanted to destroy my TV set after Brady 3rd quarter INT.
"Least" favorite 39, I expected us to smash the Eagles and in the end we let them have one last shot to tie/win the game.

Been "lurking" for quite some time, decided to sign up to chat a bit about the big game, for starters. Maybe I made a mistake, dunno...

Stick around and enjoy. For the most part, it's a great messageboard with a lot of highly knowledgeable posters...and some real head-scratchers. People tend to be a little leery of new posters around the big games.

I'm confident Brady and the Pats offense will put up more points than Atl offense....so without a special teams score or 2, I'm confident the Pats will win. I do see Atl moving the ball at ease on many drives and a high scoring game.

Stick around and enjoy. For the most part, it's a great messageboard with a lot of highly knowledgeable posters...and some real head-scratchers. People tend to be a little leery of new posters around the big games.
Yep, new threads keep coming, hard to read them all :)
Speaking about confidence, I would really like to be as optimistic as most of you here. Maybe I`m just looking at things with the doom and gloom glasses this week and everything indeed goes as planned.:)

Yep, new threads keep coming, hard to read them all :)
Speaking about confidence, I would really like to be as optimistic as most of you here. Maybe I`m just looking at things with the doom and gloom glasses this week and everything indeed goes as planned.:)
Never said I was too confident. I have come to expect nothing, but a close game. It tends to happen though. Most people are legitimately nervous of the opponent at first and then they convince themselves of victory as the game gets closer only to get nervous again on gameday.

ive always felt like the the pats coast when im most nervous and lose when im most confident

so. im actually worried at how confident i am. which means they'll probably win? im confusing myself here

falcons are good, people taking this game lightly might be in for a rude awakening. that team can score.

ive always felt like the the pats coast when im most nervous and lose when im most confident

so. im actually worried at how confident i am. which means they'll probably win? im confusing myself here

falcons are good, people taking this game lightly might be in for a rude awakening. that team can score.
So can this one, and it brings a defense with it.

last time i was so casually confident that a competitive contest was going to break in my preferred direction it resulted in the worst feeling of my adult life so far, one which seems to get worse every day, and will haunt me for at least the next 3 years and 11.5 months. gonna try to drum up some concern this weekend. losing when you expect to win is a bad feeling, much worse than you imagine it to be.

We have a far better defense, and more depth and versatility at wr and Rb and I'm not sure why you are impressed by their pas rush.

Their pass rush has been pretty average at best all year, but they assaulted Rodgers in the AFCCG all day long.. Rodgers was throwing picks and couldn't get any production against that defense

Seattle didn't fare much better if I recall.. but then again, Seattle has a horrendous offensive line

But the front 7 was all world compared to this years.The strength of those teams were the LBs really+ Rodney.

The defensive line I thought is what made those defenses so great, along with stellar linebacker play

We had three 1st round draft picks in 2004 along the defensive line... it was such an insanely talented group

Richard Seymour (6th overall) -- Vince Wilfork(21st overall) -- Ty Warren (13th overall)

That's why I thought the Jets defense would be all world this year.... I haven't seen as talented a defensive line be assembled by a team since the 2004 Patriots

I'm still amazed at how terrible the Jets were this year... they were LOADED with talent, but as an overall team they were a joke

I'm just trying to share some insight since you guys obviously don't watch many falcon games.. these aren't "homer opinions" Atlanta's has a deeper more versatile group of receivers than new england, which says alot considering the pats have a great group... I mean cmon man.. atlanta has a record breaking offense.. there's a reason for that.

And again, regarding the secondary... it's a very good group.. it's the underneath stuff that the falcons get beat up on.

So the argument is....

"Have they seen our offense?"

Gotta tell you, this is a tough group to sell with that approach.

Their pass rush has been pretty average at best all year, but they assaulted Rodgers in the AFCCG all day long.. Rodgers was throwing picks and couldn't get any production against that defense

Seattle didn't fare much better if I recall.. but then again, Seattle has a horrendous offensive line
The packers were playing 3 backup ol

This offensive line contained Suh, Cameron Wake, JJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Von Miller, Demarcus Ware and many other good pass rushers all year long.

I get that Beasley had a breakout year, but come on...We're not facing Strahan, Tuck and Umeniyora on Sunday...

Beasley will be double teamed and will give Brady ample time to pick apart their secondary.

This offensive line contained Suh, Cameron Wake, JJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Von Miller, Demarcus Ware and many other good pass rushers all year long.

I get that Beasley had a breakout year, but come on...We're not facing Strahan, Tuck and Umeniyora on Sunday...

Beasley will be double teamed and will give Brady ample time to pick apart their secondary.

Preach.

I'm just trying to share some insight since you guys obviously don't watch many falcon games.. these aren't "homer opinions" Atlanta's has a deeper more versatile group of receivers than new england, which says alot considering the pats have a great group... I mean cmon man.. atlanta has a record breaking offense.. there's a reason for that.

And again, regarding the secondary... it's a very good group.. it's the underneath stuff that the falcons get beat up on.

I agree that the Falcons have more weapons and are deeper at WR than the Patriots for sure.. and your offense will be dismantled over the next 2 years of free agency because of that...

But I'm not buying anything people want to sell regarding the secondary. It has 2 rookies starting in it and they were ranked 27th in scoring defense..

Not exactly a defensive juggernaut.. and I find it amusing how much everyone is pumping up that Falcons defense.. everyone keeps talking about how they can't wait to see the Falcons O vs the Pats D.. and how the Falcons D is really better than the consistently poor play they demonstrated over 16 games..

Don't see a lot of talk about Brady and his offense tho.. like they aren't even a factor in this game lol. .. Atlanta might be #1 offense, but the Pats are the #3 offense and have played many games against some great defenses this year and still managed to be productive.. including outdoor playoff games in freezing temperatures..

I think Brady will absolutely shred that defense apart.. 2 rookies in the secondary? Are you kidding me? Professor Brady is here and class is in session.... take good notes!

Last edited:
Andy, how are you failing to grasp this? I'm talking about the dbs. Alford, Collins, poole, neal, and allen. They have been really good.

Where are defense us struggling is within the front seven. Run d, underneath passing. Deion jones is our best lber, 2nd round rookie, and honestly.. he struggles alot. Cambell is garbage in coverage.. these guys get beat up.

And I realize you guys refuse to accept this but it's not a myth that the Falcons held off very good offenses until they were up big. So yea, they are ranked below average in most categories, but most of that came in the last 8 minutes of the game

So if we're up by three scores in the fourth quarter, I can live with brady shredding our D in a losing effort

Seems you're failing to grasp some things... you think Atlanta is going to be up by 3 scores in the 4th quarter against the #1 defense in the league that is backed up by the #3 offense with the GOAT at QB? The same goat that executed the biggest 4th quarter comeback in superbowl history against a defense that was statistically better than the 85 Bears. ... TWO years ago...

Seems you don't respect the Pats defense at all and are fully buying into the Falcon hype that is rampant in the media.. and you seem to think of the Pats offense as an after thought..

Brady has played and beaten better secondaries than Atlanta's. he already faced denver's no fly zone this year and beat the legion of boom in the SB. Not to mention houston just a few weeks ago.
Oh yea no doubt.
Seems you're failing to grasp some things... you think Atlanta is going to be up by 3 scores in the 4th quarter against the #1 defense in the league that is backed up by the #3 offense with the GOAT at QB? The same goat that executed the biggest 4th quarter comeback in superbowl history against a defense that was statistically better than the 85 Bears. ... TWO years ago...

Seems you don't respect the Pats defense at all and are fully buying into the Falcon hype that is rampant in the media.. and you seem to think of the Pats offense as an after thought..
I said nothing like that at all. I think NE has a solid defense. Falcons will have a much tougher time than they did 2 weeks ago. With that said, I don't expect the Patriots to run away with the game just because of Atlanta's numbers. If atlanta isn't ahead, expect a close game because their issues come from deviating from the original gameplan to go into the soft prevent stuff

And let me be clear, that's worrisome as well.. saints nearly pulled off the comeback of the century against us, as did the Panthers did earlier in the season. The chargers, eagles(though our lead was short lived), chiefs, all found ways to come back on us..so no falcon fan is looking forward to a 3 point game in the fourth.

But I can tell you this, from watching every game.. early on our defense played a very soft safe zone that would get eaten up. Here's the thing though, we were dealing with injuries at lber, and were starting a ton of rookies and second year starters who were still adjusting. As the year has gone on, they've gained more confidence in the players and we've seen more aggressive defenses and it shows in the numbers.
Still though, Quinn doesn't trust these guys enough to play clock control on offense anymore..we were still throwing tds late with a big lead because our D is not reliable

Cliche time, this will be the ultimate test to see if these guys are for real or not.

Not going to say BB I am just going to enjoy the win by the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference