PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How come NO Mediots are talking about how lucky the Giants were?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the Giants player force the fumble on Williams in OT? How is that lucky?

That was as much a good play by the Giants as it was a bad one by SF, yes.

But it is true the Eli coronations continue: this A.M. on Mike and Mike they had a segment with the teaser - "support for an elite QB who doesn't need the support anymore." or something like that. They then proceeded to drool all over Manning via Peter King's MMQB notes on Eli.

Last edited:
Eli deserves the credit. He's played well the last few years and has stepped it up in the playoffs.

Williams wasn't carrying the ball properly.

Williams wasn't carrying the ball properly.

It's still making a play. When a CB or safety gets an INT, it's usually because the QB didn't throw the ball that well - but they still have to make a play.

It isn't luck. Neither was Evans "dropping" that pass - the db just made a great play.

It's still making a play. When a CB or safety gets an INT, it's usually because the QB didn't throw the ball that well - but they still have to make a play.

It isn't luck. Neither was Evans "dropping" that pass - the db just made a great play.

It is luck, on multiple levels. Between the injury to Ginn and the backup not carrying the ball properly, that's luck twice.

You can dress it up all you want. I've got no issues with the Giants, but they got lucky on 4 huge plays in that game (2 in the return game, 2 easy ints dropped due to collisions). More power to them for taking advantage of the breaks, but I'm not going to pretend they didn't catch breaks on those 4 plays.

How come NO Mediots are talking about how "Lucky" the Gints were to have the 49er Punt returned FUMBLE the ball IN OT on their own 24 yard line....SETTING up the chipshot FG for the Gints to win it????????

All I have heard ALL day on BSPN (and NFL Network) is how the Pats were lucky that Evans dropped the ball....and how lucky we were that Cundiff hooked his try for a FG to tie it up....and that we "lucked" into a win.... How about Moore pulled the friggin ball away from Evans to start with????

All I hear about the Gints today......Eli is elite.....His performance was legendary.....They outplayed the 49ers......They took the game away from San Fran.....Talk about BIASED reporting and coverage.....

I guess this is bulletin board material....but just pissing me off!!!

GO PATS! WIN IT FOR MHK!!!!

didn't realize that forcing a fumble was lucky

i also don't hear about how the Pats were lucky as well

Then you haven't been listening much... Most everything we do is lucky, right down to the schedule...

Then you must be deaf, dumb and blind.

Too much is made of luck anyway, imo. There have been years when there were jauggernaut teams, that made the SB & won fairly easily. Pretty much every other year, it comes down to some luck, and often, a lot of luck, to actually win the thing.

That's football, that's sports. "Around the Horn" was lamenting that both games were decided on "negative" plays. Please - they were 2 great games, with good teams who took advantage of opportunities.

It's the old adage - sometimes, it is better to be lucky than good...

One more item of "luck" for the Giants was the fumble/non-fumble call regarding Bradshaw. So, that's really 5 major breaks for the Giants.

Too much is made of luck anyway, imo. There have been years when there were jauggernaut teams, that made the SB & won fairly easily. Pretty much every other year, it comes down to some luck, and often, a lot of luck, to actually win the thing.

That's football, that's sports. "Around the Horn" was lamenting that both games were decided on "negative" plays. Please - they were 2 great games, with good teams who took advantage of opportunities.

It's the old adage - sometimes, it is better to be lucky than good...

Without luck (Helmet catch, no calls on blatant holds), the 2007 Patriots would have gone 19-0 and would be considered by many to be the greatest team in NFL history. Sorry, but the notion that too much is made of luck is not going to sell here.

Last edited:
One more item of "luck" for the Giants was the fumble/non-fumble call regarding Bradshaw. So, that's really 5 major breaks for the Giants.

5 major breaks? I'll give you the ball that bounced off the knee... but the truth of the fumble was that forward progress WAS stopped and the whistle blew before the bal came out. So your reaching for straws if your trying to make that point

Then you haven't been listening much... Most everything we do is lucky, right down to the schedule...

well in comparison to what the Giants had to play, u did have the easier schedule... but that shouldn't be a talking point

and im referring to the baltimore game

5 major breaks? I'll give you the ball that bounced off the knee... but the truth of the fumble was that forward progress WAS stopped and the whistle blew before the bal came out. So your reaching for straws if your trying to make that point

None of it is reaching for straws, and you're showing your bias on the Bradshaw call. The reality is that, at the worst, that was a 50/50 call that would have been upheld on the field had it been ruled the other way.

Without luck (Helmet catch, no calls on blatant holds), the 2007 Patriots would have gone 19-0 and would be considered by many to be the greatest team in NFL history. Sorry, but the notion that too much is made of luck is not going to sell here.

And, there was a lot of luck in the Pats SB wins & runs to get there, as well.

What I mean is that it's a part of the sport. It shouldn't be a "yeah, but..."

Then you must be deaf, dumb and blind.

the ball bouncing off of a knee is lucky

knocking the ball out of the ball carriers grasp is another. And either way, if that play is lucky, then so are u for knocking the ball out of Evans arms. You should of been down 4 with 20 seconds left.

Lets leave the luck argument at home

ohhh... so that was luck that we held the "Greatest Offense Ever" to 14 points?

alrighty then

Also, I don't know how anyone sees the helmet catch as "lucky."

Is any great catch or great play by an athlete "lucky"?

Asante Samuel uncharacteristically dropping an INT is lucky; the catch wasn't.

None of it is reaching for straws, and you're showing your bias on the Bradshaw call. The reality is that, at the worst, that was a 50/50 call that would have been upheld on the field had it been ruled the other way.

Whats the bias? I said that the whistle may of been a bit short (may of been in the other thread), BUT you can't deny two things: his forward progress WAS stopped and the whistle HAD blown

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft