PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Awful Was That Playcall By McDaniels/Brady on The Interception ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry shmessy, missed that one.

No prob. And it's a good point you bring up. The play to Tyms was a huge success. It WAS into double coverage and Tyms made an amazing play.

I just think that with the withering personnel situation for the Pats at that moment in the game (let's face it, at that point they were just hanging on to win - - if there was a fifth quarter in NFL games that would be a loss because of the injury situation) it was a very bad decision to heave it up to a 5'10" guy who had never caught and NFL pass in double coverage on a 1st and 10.

No prob. And it's a good point you bring up. The play to Tyms was a huge success. It WAS into double coverage and Tyms made an amazing play.

I just think that with the withering personnel situation for the Pats at that moment in the game (let's face it, at that point they were just hanging on to win - - if there was a fifth quarter in NFL games that would be a loss because of the injury situation) it was a very bad decision to heave it up to a 5'10" guy who had never caught and NFL pass in double coverage on a 1st and 10.

I wonder if they had the play planned all night but with Dobson in mind.

They didnt take any real down field shots the entire first half to bait the Buffalo safeties to cheat a bit on their deep responsibilities and then at some point go for the dagger. I guess they saw on the tablets that the first part of the plan was working and wanted to give it a shot. A bit like setting up play action via runs.

Not saying that it was a wise decision but that's how I rationalize that sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back