PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Horror movie on the NFL Network now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You scared me, I thought you meant they were changing the channel into something it's not like MTV did :D.

Really? We got destroyed vs Baltimore. It was clear the better team won that game and those kind of games for me are easy to live with.

As far as Denver, we more than doubled their yardage and they scored a lot of points off of our turnovers. It reminded me a lot of the Minnesota-Saints game this year minus the close score. Had we won they had a great chance of beating a 9-7 Pittsburgh team and a so so Seattle team.

I'm proud of the run between 03 and 07. We were in the mix for 5 straight Superbowl Rings had fate intervened in our favor. I am grateful for the 3 rings, but 07 will sting forever I'm sorry to say.

Not me. I'd rather have a game like the '05 Divisional game against Denver than to watch the team get completely destroyed by a team playing with one arm tied behind it's back.

Not me. I'd rather have a game like the '05 Divisional game against Denver than to watch the team get completely destroyed by a team playing with one arm tied behind it's back.

You are so right about this, the more you think about it, The Ravens were a one trick pony... We did not show up on our own home field... We win that game, we could have beaten that san diego team , but i think what happened to us was the week before when we lost the heart and soul of the team Wes Welker...

Some day in about 4+ decades when I'm starting to get senile, I'm going to be sitting on a psychiatrist's couch talking about the 06 AFCCG and 07 SB. And he'll say "WTF is wrong with you, it's just a game", and I'll get offended, storm out, and probably turn into a guy hanging around Fenway park with those "The End is Near" signs, except mine will be covered with Eli & Peyton Manning's faces with X's over their eyes.

Good times.

Last edited:
Some day in about 4+ decades when I'm starting to get senile, I'm going to be sitting on a psychiatrist's couch talking about the 06 AFCCG and 07 SB. And he'll say "WTF is wrong with you, it's just a game", and I'll get offended, storm out, and probably turn into a guy hanging around Fenway park with those "The End is Near" signs, except mine will be covered with Eli & Peyton Manning's faces with X's over their eyes.

Good times.

If the Pats didn't pull off 01-04, you could make the case that the endings to the 06 and 07 seasons respectfully were as brutal on fans who were equally passionate about the Pats as those fans who were for the Red Sox in 1986. I know it was for me.

Last edited:
If the Pats didn't pull off 01-04, you could make the case that the endings to the 06 and 07 seasons respectfully were as brutal on fans who were equally passionate about the Pats as those fans who were for the Red Sox in 1986. I know it was for me.

Oh, I think it's worse BECAUSE of the success we had become accustomed to as Patriot fans.

I remember the Aaron Boone nite vividly. I was living in the city then, and I remember walking back from Copley and feeling just about as sports-depressed as I ever had - the city was a complete ghost town and the few people outside pretty much wanted to leap in front of a bus. But there was something about the fact that it was the Red Sox and that this is what they do - they let you down. Something about that made it feel a little better.

Now, granted, the Sox won the next season, so perhaps I am "misremembering", but I remember the suckiness of that loss waning, again, with the help from that notion that "this is just who the Red Sox are - they are losers". You could wallow in self-pity. It is the Red Sox identity. There was some comfort there.

The Patriots losses in 05, 06, & 07 all defied what we had learned in 2001-2004, and that's what makes it so hard to swallow. Belichick and Brady had been defined as winners - the Patriots, defined as a team that makes the plays when it counts. But in the end, in 05, it was Brady's uncharacteristic INT to Bailey, and in 06 & 07, it was Belichick's defense collapsing against - of all people - the friggin Manning brothers. It was like the Bizarro NFL. To make it even worse, the 2007 season would have cemented the two as the greatest of all time at their positions - and even more frustrating is that Brady had another key 4th quarter drive to - presumably - seal the deal. Then it was erased by the biggest fluke play you'll ever see in a Super Bowl game.

Nothing will upend SB 42 as the single most frustrating sporting event known to New England.

Last edited:
Oh, I think it's worse BECAUSE of the success we had become accustomed to as Patriot fans.

I remember the Aaron Boone nite vividly. I was living in the city then, and I remember walking back from Copley and feeling just about as sports-depressed as I ever had - the city was a complete ghost town and the few people outside pretty much wanted to leap in front of a bus. But there was something about the fact that it was the Red Sox and that this is what they do - they let you down. Something about that made it feel a little better.

Now, granted, the Sox won the next season, so perhaps I am "misremembering", but I remember the suckiness of that loss waning, again, with the help from that notion that "this is just who the Red Sox are - they are losers". You could wallow in self-pity. It is the Red Sox identity. There was some comfort there.

The Patriots losses in 05, 06, & 07 all defied what we had learned in 2001-2004, and that's what makes it so hard to swallow. Belichick and Brady had been defined as winners - the Patriots, defined as a team that makes the plays when it counts. But in the end, in 05, it was Brady's uncharacteristic INT to Bailey, and in 06 & 07, it was Belichick's defense collapsing against - of all people - the friggin Manning brothers. It was like the Bizarro NFL. To make it even worse, the 2007 season would have cemented the two as the greatest of all time at their positions - and even more frustrating is that Brady had another key 4th quarter drive to - presumably - seal the deal. Then it was erased by the biggest fluke play you'll ever see in a Super Bowl game.

Nothing will upend SB 42 as the single most frustrating sporting event known to New England.

I put SB 42 and Game 6 on the same plane. So much as stake. So close. Painful to watch unfold.

I put 2006 and 2003 Sox on the same plane. So close. Both were painful.

You are so right about this, the more you think about it, The Ravens were a one trick pony... We did not show up on our own home field... We win that game, we could have beaten that san diego team , but i think what happened to us was the week before when we lost the heart and soul of the team Wes Welker...

Any momentum we might've had going into the POs was destroyed by WW's injury, all because Bill decided - like the distracted, self-absorbed fool he is becoming - to play WW, Moss, Brady, et. al. in a completely meaningless game, instead of giving them a bye week of rest that they desperately needed to have any chance whatsoever of PO success.

I have no problem with Bill playing starters, even knowing what happened to Welker. We went into previous playoffs without Law and Seymour, and the other guys stepped up. If this team couldn't step up when Welker went down, they weren't going to get anywhere.

Last edited:
And that's why I'll never, ever get those 2 games out of my mind.

What we had within our grasp, only to be cruelly taken from us and given to...the effin Mannings.

As Bishop Pickering would say...There is no God.

Try being a Vikings fan, k thx bye.

Try being a Vikings fan, k thx bye.

Your 4 SB losses were all blowouts, your perfect FG kicker missed a bunny, and you trusted Lord Farvequad.

Not quite the same, is it? k thx bye.

And that's why I'll never, ever get those 2 games out of my mind.

What we had within our grasp, only to be cruelly taken from us and given to...the effin Mannings.

As Bishop Pickering would say...There is no God.

Just like a gambler that was...SO close to winning the other night. But he ignores the luck that came with him winning the other times.

Yep.. in a completely useless game. To make matters worse, we had to listen to a handful of people on here trying to actually convince everyone that the game actually had meaning. That night, the Bengals lost anyway. :(

Your 4 SB losses were all blowouts, your perfect FG kicker missed a bunny, and you trusted Lord Farvequad.

Not quite the same, is it? k thx bye.

I don't know how anyone could seriously say that?

4 Superbowl losses don't hurt because they were blowouts?? I mean, we were huge favorites in one of those and still lost badly.

The championship losses were some of the most painful in history! 87', 98', and 09' were all brutal. The fumbowl, the perfect miss, and the drop by Anthony Carter.

The Vikings are cursed so badly that we can't even get first in the most tortured sports franchises, we finished second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back