PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here's to a good game guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJD is the wildcard. If that guy gets into space, there could be a game......for the first 3 quarters anyway.

Maurice Jones-Drew...what's with the hyphonated last name? Does that normally happen as a result of divorce? I'd hate to see a kid end up with a hyphonated last name cause his mom wanted a hyphonated surname after getting married. I understand why women often want to keep their last names, but don't screw up the kids last name with the hyphonated crap. He gets the father's last name....period!:D

Last edited:
Maurice Jones-Drew...what's with the hyphonated last name? Does that normally happen as a result of divorce? I'd hate to see a kid end up with a hyphonated last name cause his mom wanted a hyphonated surname after getting married. I understand why women often want to keep their last names, but don't screw up the kids last name with the hyphonated crap. He gets the father's last name....period!:D

Its un-american to be anti-hyphonation.

They can obviously stop the run, so if the weather cooperates why not just line up 5 wide, empty backfield and let Brady and Co. pick the defense apart.

Yeah I apologize for some of the Jag holes out their. I don't think their all ****y, but some are just really excited and don't know how to control themselves.
(i'm a Pats fan)
We all have those fans.

Here's my question to you, HJF, to kick off a discussion:

What specific aspect of the Jags game worries you the most (their biggest weakness)?

Last edited:
We all have those fans.

Here's my question to kick off a discussion:

What specific aspect of the Jags game worries you the most?

No worries , you guys have a great team . It's gonna be an interesting match up.

As another Jaguar fan, I also hope for a good game. At least, I hope it's closer than 2006.

Maurice was raised by his grand parents. When his grand father died, he added the "Jones" in his memory. When drafted, he told the Jaguars they could remove the "Jones" if they desired, but the team decided to use the "Jones-Drew" out of respect to him and his grand father.

As another Jaguar fan, I also hope for a good game. At least, I hope it's closer than 2006.

Maurice was raised by his grand parents. When his grand father died, he added the "Jones" in his memory. When drafted, he told the Jaguars they could remove the "Jones" if they desired, but the team decided to use the "Jones-Drew" out of respect to him and his grand father.

Pretty touching, actually. Shows respect and appreciation.

Thanks for the overture, Houston Jags fan.. looking forward to a good game, hope at the end there are no serious injuries..

(i'm a Pats fan)

What specific aspect of the Jags game worries you the most (their biggest weakness)?

I'd like to know that, too. Also - what aspects of the Patriots' game worries you the most?

As a pats fan, what worries me about the Jags the most is MJD running back kicks on special teams. We didn't look that great against the Giants in that dept. I think we'll be fine stopping their offense (their backs are great, but their receivers don't scare me), and able to throw on their secondary, but its special teams (as many of us remember in the 2001 AFC championship against the Steelers) that could be a difference.

Last edited:
Jags are a physical team that can shut down the best of running attacks. They have not shown an ability to prevent the long ball however and of course the Pats excel at that. The Jags have more experience in comparison to the team we faced 2 years ago in the playoffs, but the Pats have a totally revamped offense that surpasses anything the Jags have seen in Indy.

Do to see a REAL football fan!!!

Good luck aswell!!!

(i'm a Pats fan)
We all have those fans.

Our secondary is what concerns me, Mathis is our best corner, Nelson can hit hard, but to often have I seen them get bured and thats what the Pats do best. They pass very well and have a lot of great wideouts, Moss, Welker, Stallworth. Its not going to be easy

I applaude your manners, maturity, and overall sportsmanship.

Unfortunately, I myself, will not be able to mirror these fine attributes come Saturday. I will be in my season seats, with a belly full of tailgating heaven, and a head full of Michelob, screaming for my Patriots to absolutely destroy your team on every level imaginable, and although I do not enjoy seeing any human writhering in pain, nor do I cheer for any individual player to get injured, I will however, be rooting for Mike Vrabel, Adalius Thomas, Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork, and Rodney Harrison to put the most violent hit on your quarter back, and/or running backs, all game long.

belishrug.jpg

I cannot, out of sound mind, wish you, or your team, good luck, nor can I honestly say that I hope it is a "good" game. I am praying that we absolutely, and under no uncertain terms, obliterate you and your team's dreams of glory, so bad that, in fact, it not only scars each individual player/ coach this season, but carries on to next season as well. I will, however, congratualte your teams success up to this point; job well done, now you get to sit at the grown up table, and have a lil' taste of that "humble pie".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes